Sponsored

Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today...

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess I did alright, I mean, they work lmao
Overall I really like the pods, I'm not so much a fan of this wiring harness though. From what I've gathered this is a universal wiring harness rather than a Bronco specific one even if you shop the Diode Dynamics website by vehicle. I'm probably just gonna replace the harness with the one from 4x4truckleds.

I was left with a lot of excess wire length...
Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_212511

So much extra...
Also side note, any potential issues with running the red/power wire where I did? It couldn't reach from the ground I used to the battery so I went there instead for power.
Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_213313

Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_220234

First picture is headlights only, second picture is pod lights only.

Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_220043

Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_220056
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Overall I really like the pods, I'm not so much a fan of this wiring harness though. From what I've gathered this is a universal wiring harness rather than a Bronco specific one even if you shop the Diode Dynamics website by vehicle. I'm probably just gonna replace the harness with the one from 4x4truckleds.

Ford Bronco Installed Diode Dynamics SS3 ditch light kit today... 20240309_220056

So much extra...
Also side note, any potential issues with running the red/power wire where I did? It couldn't reach from the ground I used to the battery so I went there instead for power.

That's why folks grab the Ditch Light kit from us. As we include our upfitter harness at no additional cost. So you save money with our Ditch Kit.

$199.95 ($239.95 with backlight) - https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Compared to $259.95 if you get the kit from Diode Dynamics (which doesn't include our stream lined harness, it'll work, their harness, but it's a LOT of extra stuff/relays which are not needed)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been hoping someone would make wire that can be cut to length by now.

Someday the technology will catch up.
Our kit includes our harness that goes right to the upfitters. It DOES have some extra length because we use it for a variety of A-Pillar Kits on various trucks. It's not worth making one specifically cut to size on a Bronco as we also use them for fog lights too.

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our kit includes our harness that goes right to the upfitters. It DOES have some extra length because we use it for a variety of A-Pillar Kits on various trucks. It's not worth making one specifically cut to size on a Bronco as we also use them for fog lights too.
Just ordered a harness from you guys, looking forward to cleaning up this install lol.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

So much extra...

If you are using the upfitter switches, you don't need the relay and all of the associated wiring. Cut the wires near where the upfitter switch wires, splice the two grounds together and ground to the chassis ground lug near the drivers side hood hinge. Tie the two 'accent' light wires to one of the upfitter switch wires (your choice) and the two 'light' wires to another (any of the upfitter switches have plenty of current capacity for these LED lights). To make it easy and easy to change, I like the Wago lever connectors (3 port work perfectly for this) Wago 221-413 Lever-Nuts 3 Conductor Compact Connectors 10 PK: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
I originally installed the same lights using the relay, cutting and splicing to reduce the unnecessary wire length but I hate messy wiring and reworked it to remove the unnecessary relay as well.
Sponsored