First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Added some SSC1 Pods to my ditch light kit this past week and super happy with the results. Looks great and the amount of light this combo throws out is impressive especially for being just the sports and not the pro series.
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack image0
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack image1
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack image2

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack IMG_4413
Sponsored

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMG_2295.jpeg

Added a beer combo to mine
Which bracket is that? I like that they’re dropped down low and somewhat “hidden”

Edit: realized they’re DV8 lights and found the brackets. This may be the solution I’ve been looking for. I need some side of vehicle illumination - but, don’t have the desire for “ditch lights” on the cowl and really want the side of the vehicle illuminated with tinted windows - especially in the winter.

Last edited:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which bracket is that? I like that they’re dropped down low and somewhat “hidden”

Edit: realized they’re DV8 lights and found the brackets. This may be the solution I’ve been looking for. I need some side of vehicle illumination - but, don’t have the desire for “ditch lights” on the cowl and really want the side of the vehicle illuminated with tinted windows - especially in the winter.
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack IMG_2296

I just wired them up yesterday and tried them last night - work great on @DV8offroad bracket, no hood reflection and no obstruction from windshield view at all. - from the front of bronco they line up with side views so they shouldn’t increase much drag/wind noise

if really want to hide check out the black mirrored GoRhino blackout cubed series
blackout cubed series

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. I’ve got the SS3 sport amber SAE driving on the pillars currently and have been thinking about adding an extra set of SSC1 I already have in that same position for more side lighting on trails.

Sponsored

Cletus

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Heritage, 92 Mustang GT vert, 67 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack IMG_2296

I just wired them up yesterday and tried them last night - work great on @DV8offroad bracket, no hood reflection and no obstruction from windshield view at all. - from the front of bronco they line up with side views so they shouldn’t increase much drag/wind noise

if really want to hide check out the black mirrored GoRhino blackout cubed series
blackout cubed series
That bracket arrived as a Christmas gift for the Bronco. Really pleased with where it will position two sets of lights. It’s entirely out of line of sight, unless you’re using a massive light. Looking forward to adding it.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. I’ve got the SS3 sport amber SAE driving on the pillars currently and have been thinking about adding an extra set of SSC1 I already have in that same position for more side lighting on trails.
@DV8offroad honors a military discount too, I realized that after I had already bought it from @StickerFab.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of the two different sized lights - I thought my OCD would not approve, but I was wrong!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love that low bracket look. Now if you could tie them to the turn signals, connecting to the other thread on that. I'm an accountant, not tech skills!

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, aiming my SS3’s straight and the SSC1’s really gave me good all around light. I have the combo light in the SS3 and wide on the SSC1 and they pretty much give me light all around from the driver door to the passenger door without any breaks.
I wasn’t sure if I’d like the look of it or not and if not I would use them for back up lights but I like it now that it is on there.

Sponsored

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you wire these, separately or do the sell a pig tail?

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pig tail as long as they are both 4 pin. The old ones without back lights are 2 pin I believe.

Kevin

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

These might be another option if you don't already have the lights:

https://blumak3d.com/products/ditch-light-housings-with-baja-designs-s2-sport-leds-21-bronco

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack 1000018728

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

New Diode Dynamics in the box come with the correct pigtail. They are Deutsch 2pin or 4pin (depending on if you got the backlight or not) if you wanted to make up other harnesses.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond