First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do need to ask - why are your main ditch lights pointing forward? If you just tilt them 30-45 degrees to the side, as intended by design, you should not need the SSC1s. That's a lot of money tontie up into ditch lights.
Sponsored

Kevin

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang. I kinda dig that. I was planning on Baja S2 or Diode SSC2 and not a 3” cube…any wind noise? I wish you could buy the mounts separately. Maybe I’ll reach out.
I don't notice any change in wind noise. They seem very responsive so might sell the housing separately if asked.

I like that there is no light being blasted onto the hood with this setup.

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do need to ask - why are your main ditch lights pointing forward? If you just tilt them 30-45 degrees to the side, as intended by design, you should not need the SSC1s. That's a lot of money tontie up into ditch lights.
Now I get light out front as well. Not a great place on the Capable Bumper to mount a light bar without drilling or doing a roof bar so I have both forward and ditch lights now for way cheaper than investing in a roof bar or drilling into my bumper. Those two SS3’s with them pointed forwards reach across a field 200-300 yards or more and light up the whole damn thing with them and regular headlights. I have solid light from my driver door to my passenger door all the way around the front now for less than $450 in lights.

OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't notice any change in wind noise. They seem very responsive so might sell the housing separately if asked.

I like that there is no light being blasted onto the hood with this setup.
I don’t really get any hood reflection with these and also haven’t noticed any difference in wind noise with either one.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP
BulletTheBronco

BulletTheBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
New Diode Dynamics in the box come with the correct pigtail. They are Deutsch 2pin or 4pin (depending on if you got the backlight or not) if you wanted to make up other harnesses.
They come with a plug with bare wires. Not a splitter. They sell a 2 plug splitter that lets you run all of these on one wiring harness that comes with the ditch light kit if you buy them that way. That is what is in the bottom left of this picture.

IMG_4408.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Kevin - Bryan was nice enough to setup a new webpage to order just the housings themselves.

BluMak3D Ditch Light Housings ONLY

Question for you. Do you feel the accessory bolts are maxed out with this mount? Wondering if I will also be able to include the M2M antenna mount using the factory hardware.

Kevin

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for you. Do you feel the accessory bolts are maxed out with this mount? Wondering if I will also be able to include the M2M antenna mount using the factory hardware.
To be honest, I can't remember how long the bolts were. I could take one out to see how many threads are engaged but probably won't have time until the weekend. I'd be willing to bet Bryan at BluMak3D could answer the question sooner.

I'm sure longer bolts are available in the same diameter and thread if needed.

Also, I don't see it on their website anymore but he did post a picture a while ago of the light thrown from this setup:
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack DJI_0009

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because many people who run ditch lights “do it for the Gram.” They want to look badass and never use the equipment on their vehicle for its intended purpose.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest, I can't remember how long the bolts were. I could take one out to see how many threads are engaged but probably won't have time until the weekend. I'd be willing to bet Bryan at BluMak3D could answer the question sooner.

I'm sure longer bolts are available in the same diameter and thread if needed.

Also, I don't see it on their website anymore but he did post a picture a while ago of the light thrown from this setup:
I appreciate how almost no light is present on the hood.

My “ditch lights” are SAE Amber driving lights that face forward. The height is awesome compared to the mod bumper location. I would consider adding these separately but I’d want diode dynamics over BD so all my white lights are the same color tone.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering why something like this wasn’t on his site. This is exactly what I was looking for. Assuming that’s using the WORK lens. Now I’m deciding on lens and color. But, that looks pretty dang good.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t really get any hood reflection with these and also haven’t noticed any difference in wind noise with either one.
The reduction in hood glare is due to the efficiency of our TIR optics! (y)

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SSC1 Ditch Light Hack TIR_Optic_SS3

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Added some SSC1 Pods to my ditch light kit this past week and super happy with the results. Looks great and the amount of light this combo throws out is impressive especially for being just the sports and not the pro series.

OK. So, I am pretty ignorant on lighting. Your lights when off, appear to be standard white light. In the first "On" photo, they appear Amber. Then they again appear to be white in the final photo. I don't understand how the lights work. Are they amber? Are there two "On" settings, Amber & White? Is this unique to the DD Lights?
Sponsored