Sponsored

Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly)

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I am being completely honest, while I am a very experienced driver, I am new to the off-road thing. My Mall Crawler OBX is more capable than I am. It makes me look far more experienced than I am off-road.

As far as a daily driver, I commute 6 each way hours every weekend. It did need some work to seal up the wind noise on the top and I had to replace the speakers for better sound, but otherwise, it has been brilliant for nearly 40k miles! Including off-roading last weekend, I spent 22 hours on the road, no way I could or would do that in a Jeep.
It's been a long time since I've been able to "adventure" so I would definitely appreciate a vehicle that does some of the work for you :)

I don't drive the distance you do but daily it's 45 minutes each way for me. All freeway.
From everyone's response it sounds like a Jeep (while fun) would not be the best option for my needs.
Maybe instead of a test drive I should rent one for a week...
Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been a long time since I've been able to "adventure" so I would definitely appreciate a vehicle that does some of the work for you :)

I don't drive the distance you do but daily it's 45 minutes each way for me. All freeway.
From everyone's response it sounds like a Jeep (while fun) would not be the best option for my needs.
Maybe instead of a test drive I should rent one for a week...
I have a Willy’s gladiator with the stock mud tires. Up to 65 mph on the highway, it’s not bad at all, seems almost same as other cars. At 75mph, the wind noise is quite loud and annoying. The tires seem to make loud noise on some roads but not others. The seats are hard but fine up to 3 hours. Any longer, you get a sore bottom. I have a stick shift and it’s pretty fun around 30-60mph in the twisties, mountain roads, and dirt roads

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sometimes I think people talking about the jeeps driving horribly on road (night and day difference) have only driven an old TJ wrangler. The latest JLU’s are fine and kind of fun to drive on road.

My 4xe Sahara drives 98% as well as the broncos I have test driven. The 4xe having the lower center of gravity and some more weight may help it ride better than a standard JLU but still it’s fine unless you have a 2 hour commute each day which neither Jeep or bronco would make any sense.

Updated my bronco order to 2023. Likely will keep both and sell the wife’s suv. Highly recommend the 4xe.
Sponsored