First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome! Doors and top no longer come off the Defender and it’s not offered with a manual transmission so even if it were $40k, I wouldn’t buy it. Same goes for Bronco. For me, 2 door, removable top and doors, manual 4x4 are why I got a Bronco.
3 pedals on the floor or it's a hard "no" for me :giggle:
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll say this. I’ve owned and can own anything I want I will say this about the bronco. Was looking at mine today while sitting in traffic and have to disagree with all the interior hate. Could they have chosen better in certain plastic parts…. Yes. I hate to say it though I don’t give a shit what car you drive hard plastic surfaces scratch no matter how careful you are. Rover makes a great interior that wears well but I’m betting my bronco will as well. I thought I would hate the hard dash but it’s so easy to keep clean and no scratches to boot. The person complaining about cooled seats. There is a reason they aren’t in an open top vehicle meant for mud. Do you think Jeep would already have it? Also the fact that ford will let you option power seats is a small miracle. As I have said before a majority of new bronco owners are coming from another vehicle that gives them no point of reference. It will be noisier, but honestly compared to a Jeep it’s fantastic. I grin from ear to ear every time I drive mine and I’ve got a gt350, C7, and C8 sitting in the same garage. For a freshmen effort this thing is awesome. Room to improve? Yes but talking about refinement. Closing in on 9k miles 0 issues aside from two assembly issue my dealer fixed at the first oil change. Love my bronco even the things less than perfect.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll say this. I’ve owned and can own anything I want I will say this about the bronco. Was looking at mine today while sitting in traffic and have to disagree with all the interior hate. Could they have chosen better in certain plastic parts…. Yes. I hate to say it though I don’t give a shit what car you drive hard plastic surfaces scratch no matter how careful you are. Rover makes a great interior that wears well but I’m betting my bronco will as well. I thought I would hate the hard dash but it’s so easy to keep clean and no scratches to boot. The person complaining about cooled seats. There is a reason they aren’t in an open top vehicle meant for mud. Do you think Jeep would already have it? Also the fact that ford will let you option power seats is a small miracle. As I have said before a majority of new bronco owners are coming from another vehicle that gives them no point of reference. It will be noisier, but honestly compared to a Jeep it’s fantastic. I grin from ear to ear every time I drive mine and I’ve got a gt350, C7, and C8 sitting in the same garage. For a freshmen effort this thing is awesome. Room to improve? Yes but talking about refinement. Closing in on 9k miles 0 issues aside from two assembly issue my dealer fixed at the first oil change. Love my bronco even the things less than perfect.
Agreed 100% :) I just think Ford did an amazing job with the interior as well. Yeah, it's not super lux but its not meant to be. They could have even made the power-steering more "powerful", but they did juuuust enough to be able to handle those 35-inchers and still retain good road feel and handling. Time for some off-roading!!!!!! :cool:

52309769703_cedb9ae18a_b.jpg
Desert roamin’ by P.L. L, on Flickr

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We love our Bronco. It will likely be in our family for years and years. We also love the Ford brand. > GT350 / BOSS 302 / RAPTOR / F450 LIMITED < but I’ll tell you this. We have a thing for Land Rover. I honestly want to collect them all.

We have a 1972 NAS SERIES III 88. Roof rack, spare mounted on the bonnet, it absolutely looks the part. We also have a 1988 RHD TDI DEFENDER 110. We imported it to the US back in 2015, I think. We had a Buckingham Blue L322 RANGE ROVER supercharged. This was an ordered vehicle. Another 2003 Zambezi Silver L322 RANGE ROVER HSE. My sister has this one now and it’s still going strong. We have our 2006 DISCOVERY 3 HSE. It’s over 200k miles and in the middle of a paint correction. And last but not least, I’m only a week or so away from finally collecting the DEFENDER 110 I ordered back in 2021 when there was rumor that our FIRST EDITION Bronco wasn’t going to make the cut off date. It’s a loaded DEFENDER X, complete with the raised air intake (snorkel), Adventure roof rack, ladder, and funky side boxes. Silicon Silver, two tone brown/tan interior… I can’t wait.

I’m pretty jaded when it comes to cars. I’m around exotics, supercars, Hypercars pretty often so it takes a lot for me to break my neck. For me, a kitted out Land Rover always gets my attention. 🤤 It’s a more common sight here in the PNW. I guess, I just have to say we love both brands equally.
Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) 0327D9E8-D5A4-4439-AFFC-5C2B4B0A3CDE
Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) D960B481-1CD7-49AE-A36E-1BA3E9210F89
Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) E5B1210D-DED5-42D1-ABB6-C9D0848ACB2F

Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) E2AF98FC-2C6B-43CB-8625-84B67D0FCC74
Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) 59A30607-F2D2-4C64-9EC8-D0266F57659A

Last edited:

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a Defender 90 AA Yellow off the showroom floor in Wilmington Delaware, drover it two years and 28,000 miles later sold it for $15,000 more and have regretted it every day since.....
I bought a new 5-speed 1996 Discovery off the floor at Wilmington Land Rover (which was a new dealership then) even though there was a new D90 for the same price . . . I regret that decision too.
Looks like my 2-door Bronco might be built during the week of 9/26. Yahoo!

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same... I was literally in the dealership and close to finance guy's office before I backed out and went Bronco after many many many..... maaaany youtube videos and reading forums etc.

I know most of my driving is on-road w/ long road trips with the wife and 3 year old to even get to the offroad stuff. So I figured the Defender was much nicer of a road-tripper inside and comfortable etc. In some cases it is but it's not nearly as capable w/o significant upgrades to do what I wanted to do offroad. Bronco really encapsulated that middle ground and is nice on-road (much more so than jeeps) and does very well off-road too w/o adding another 10-20K to get started.

Then knowing historically all the repairs with Rovers... knowing that anything I'd want to mod would be 3-6x the cost... knowing that the aftermarket would be 20x Bronco stuff to LR stuff. I can do a lot to a ~$60K Bronco and still be under the price of the LRDefender ... and at least for another year or two still get the money out of it if I were to resell.

IDK... the Defender just... was not practical for my use case and it didn't make sense. And therefore I have a Badlands Bronco. and i'm here. hi.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We love our Bronco. It will likely be in our family for years and years. We also love the Ford brand. > GT350 / BOSS 302 / RAPTOR / F450 LIMITED
Bro.... those mustangs... awesome. jelly

Decked

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an old Defender and am convinced that the Bronco we now have was originally the design that Land Rover put together for the replacement. So many familiar cues.

Dislike the new Defender from styling onwards. FWIW Didn't get a new Bronco either. Needs changed before that arrived and bought an F150 instead. Its been meeting my needs big time since I got it. Phenomenal machine. My first PU ever to.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We love our Bronco. It will likely be in our family for years and years. We also love the Ford brand. > GT350 / BOSS 302 / RAPTOR / F450 LIMITED < but I’ll tell you this. We have a thing for Land Rover. I honestly want to collect them all.

We have a 1972 NAS SERIES III 88. Roof rack, spare mounted on the bonnet, it absolutely looks the part. We also have a 1988 RHD TDI DEFENDER 110. We imported it to the US back in 2015, I think. We had a Buckingham Blue L322 RANGE ROVER supercharged. This was an ordered vehicle. Another 2003 Zambezi Silver L322 RANGE ROVER HSE. My sister has this one now and it’s still going strong. We have our 2006 DISCOVERY 3 HSE. It’s over 200k miles and in the middle of a paint correction. And last but not least, I’m only a week or so away from finally collecting the DEFENDER 110 I ordered back in 2021 when there was rumor that our FIRST EDITION Bronco wasn’t going to make the cut off date. It’s a loaded DEFENDER X, complete with the raised air intake (snorkel), Adventure roof rack, ladder, and funky side boxes. Silicon Silver, two tone brown/tan interior… I can’t wait.

I’m pretty jaded when it comes to cars. I’m around exotics, supercars, Hypercars pretty often so it takes a lot for me to break my neck. For me, a kitted out Land Rover always gets my attention. 🤤 It’s a more common sight here in the PNW. I guess, I just have to say we love both brands equally.
Ford Bronco About to get a Defender but turned to Bronco after test drives :) 59A30607-F2D2-4C64-9EC8-D0266F57659A

Gorgeous rides man!!!! :) what wheels do you have on your Bronco? Not stock right?

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Gorgeous rides man!!!! :) what wheels do you have on your Bronco? Not stock right?
Fifteen52 TRAVERSE HD in that pic. It has grey TURBOMAC HDs on it now.

Sponsored

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always viewed the Bronco as a luxury addition (more of a dedicated off roader and not a daily driver / family car), but at one point I did try and convince my wife to trade her VW Atlas in for one. My argument being it could fill both family and wheeling/overlanding needs (it's financially responsible right?!), but ultimately she veto'd it citing the appearance and size (too small, no third row).

At the end of the day, I'm really glad she said "no" because the Bronco was always the one.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own the Bronco fully loaded, and test drove the Defender.
The build quality and interior in the Defender is miles ahead of the Bronco, there is no comparison. However I got the Bronco because it’s more fun, more capable off road and less expensive and with less expensive maintenance.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an old Defender and am convinced that the Bronco we now have was originally the design that Land Rover put together for the replacement. So many familiar cues.
What an interesting idea . . . Ford obviously owned Land Rover at one point, and the LR3 was the result of Ford's investment. I have previously owned an LR3 and a D1, and now own a 1997 D90.

The new 90/110 would be 'true' to the original Defender if it were based on the Bronco's bones (i.e. a Ranger or similar) instead of the current goofy, complicated, expensive Land Rover platform.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original design and styling of Land Rover vehicles are appealing. But, quality and reliability have gone downhill since Tata Motors out of India took over.
Sponsored