Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Defender 90 AA Yellow off the showroom floor in Wilmington Delaware, drover it two years and 28,000 miles later sold it for $15,000 more and have regretted it every day since..... New rider 4 door Wildtrak Cyber Orange now sits in my garage...
I misread this as "now shits in my garage", which seems totally appropriate for some forum members.
Sponsored

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry, absolutely NOT...... miss the Defender (1997) but love the Bronco technology.....

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And he gives veterans discounts too.
And the owner is a veteran too and not a leg.

(dont knowthe owner but have ordered from them)
'... and not a leg.' 😂 (Very few people here will understand that Army term.) Glad to buy things from StickerFab now and then - pretty good stuff. I also like some of the things from Archetype Racing (AR) for the Bronco.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool.

You are a baller.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Defender 90 AA Yellow off the showroom floor in Wilmington Delaware, drover it two years and 28,000 miles later sold it for $15,000 more and have regretted it every day since..... New rider 4 door Wildtrak Cyber Orange now sits in my garage...
I bought a 1995 D90 in AA Yellow w/1k on the odo for ~$23k. Drove it 7 years, put 120 on the odo, and sold it in 2001 for $15k more than my purchase. Happy w/the deal at the time.

Seller's remorse kicked in the next day and never left.

New 4-door Badlands Cyber Orange now sits in my garage…

When you have a type, you have a type.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad to hear you were impressed with the Bronco's driving characteristics. Mine is supposed to come in a week from tomorrow and I'm really hoping the driving dynamics win me over. Everyone talks about the "size" of the Bronco but from sitting in it and thoroughly playing with the seats, etc. I find the seating room only mildly larger than my doublecab Tacoma and smaller than a 4 runner which is disappointing. The plastics and fit and finish are definitely lower quality than my basic Toyota interior as well. I know the engine will be more fun and definitely gonna take the top off on the test drive to make sure I get the best experience before I decide to buy it or not!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the Bronco community!! There is a new bit of technology you may not be used to, since you're coming from a BMW. The stick on the left side of the steering wheel is to let other drivers know you will be changing lanes and/or turning. Be safe out there (y)

vOXRHAx.jpg

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a feel good read. I like it. Im super excited to see what options are released for the MY23. Im an early reservation holder that delayed for ta mod top.. at this point if the MY23 dosnt offer mod top i may just order! lol
is this a photo of your big bend?>?
Yes, that is my Big Bend :)

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad to hear you were impressed with the Bronco's driving characteristics. Mine is supposed to come in a week from tomorrow and I'm really hoping the driving dynamics win me over. Everyone talks about the "size" of the Bronco but from sitting in it and thoroughly playing with the seats, etc. I find the seating room only mildly larger than my doublecab Tacoma and smaller than a 4 runner which is disappointing. The plastics and fit and finish are definitely lower quality than my basic Toyota interior as well. I know the engine will be more fun and definitely gonna take the top off on the test drive to make sure I get the best experience before I decide to buy it or not!
I'm almost certain that when you do drive it, you will want to get it. I have the Sasquatch but NOT the "better" version with the HOSS 3.0 and Fox Shocks. I hear that that level is better because it completely smooths out all the little bumps here and there on city streets. It is on 35inch tires so you would think it would handle like a lazy hippopotamus....but nope. More like a Grizzly Bear ;) - Quite large and shockingly nimbler than you think.

Enjoy the test drive and keep us all posted!!!!!!! :)

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good timing on this "reset" that I definitely needed to read/hear. Was just building a Defender 90 again yesterday. Primarily due to the fact that I'm getting antsy (Grangetober reservation, so I'm closing in on 2 years now). Currently I'm thinking it's still about a year away, if I'm lucky.
MUST. STAY. STRONG.AVOID.TEMPTATION...

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good timing on this "reset" that I definitely needed to read/hear. Was just building a Defender 90 again yesterday. Primarily due to the fact that I'm getting antsy (Grangetober reservation, so I'm closing in on 2 years now). Currently I'm thinking it's still about a year away, if I'm lucky.
MUST. STAY. STRONG.AVOID.TEMPTATION...
Haha :) well think of it this way - for the price of a nicely outfitted Defender 90 - You'll get the BEST Bronco with all the trimmings and still have money leftover to do all the cool mods. My Defender 110 build was $84,000. My Bronco MSRP was $52,000. And EVEN if marked up, which mine wasn't (just like yours will be), it is still cheaper than the Defender! I've already happily invested almost $4k in mods so far and still keep thinking of how much money I truly saved.

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll start by saying, I absolutely love my Bronco. It's super fun and so far no major issues (other than some plastics breaking and two occasions of the screen rebooting for no apparent reason).

That said, I find the opening post laughable at best. The interior of the Bronco is far more "plastic-y" and cheap compared to a Defender. You cant even stare at the Bronco interior plastics without scratching it. I'd honestly go as far as saying it has the cheapest quality plastics I've had in any vehicle since 1996 when I started driving (and I've owned many vehicles).

The material qualities of the Land Rover are far better. It's also not appropriate to compare the driving characteristics of a Defender to a Bronco. Two different animals, each with their own purpose.

To each their own. I'm glad you're happy with the Bronco (I am too).

*disclaimer* - my wife has a full size Land Rover Discovery (not Sport). It's a company provided lease. We don't pay anything (not even gas) so my comments/opinions are not driven by my wallet. Fit, finish and material quality both the Discovery and Defender is leaps and bounds over the Bronco. Reliability sucks. Our Discovery heen in the shop multiple times via tow truck, whereas her previous Volvo XC90 company lease had exactly 0 issues in 39 months. In the sand (OBX 4x4 beach) the Discovery handled every bit as well as my Bronco and last year even drove it through windshield puddles of water as a major storm hit the OBX right before we got there. I did enjoy the topless/doorless experience of the Bronco while there last week.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll start by saying, I absolutely love my Bronco. It's super fun and so far no major issues (other than some plastics breaking and two occasions of the screen rebooting for no apparent reason).

That said, I find the opening post laughable at best. The interior of the Bronco is far more "plastic-y" and cheap compared to a Defender. You cant even stare at the Bronco interior plastics without scratching it. I'd honestly go as far as saying it has the cheapest quality plastics I've had in any vehicle since 1996 when I started driving (and I've owned many vehicles).

The material qualities of the Land Rover are far better. It's also not appropriate to compare the driving characteristics of a Defender to a Bronco. Two different animals, each with their own purpose.

*disclaimer* - my wife has a full size Land Rover Discovery (not Sport). It's a company provided lease. We don't pay anything (not even gas) so my comments/opinions are not driven by my wallet. Fit, finish and material quality both the Discovery and Defender is leaps and bounds over the Bronco. Reliability sucks. Our Discovery heen in the shop multiple times via tow truck, whereas her previous Volvo XC90 company lease had exactly 0 issues in 39 months. In the sand (OBX 4x4 beach) the Discovery handled every bit as well as my Bronco and last year even drove it through windshield puddles of water as a major storm hit the OBX right before we got there. I did enjoy the topless/doorless experience of the Bronco while there last week.
Fair statement :) Although, when I say plasticky - I mean its plasticky for an $80K+ car. I expected WAY better fit and finish for that money. My 2019 BMW X3 has a better fit and finish than that Defender. Yes, the Defender is absolutely more luxurious than the Bronco. Hands down. And yes they are two different animals (I wouldn't say very as it is relative to the end user.....this will be my daily driver), but for my purposes - I would take the daily handling of the Bronco over the Defender. Like you said to each their own :)

I'm sure the Defender is awesome in its own right - I guess coming from the world of BMWs, etc....I got to liking the "rougher" and less "prim" world of the Bronco. It's sooooo much fun!!!!

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree with "to each their own" - they're both great vehicles in my opinion, and everyone should be able to get what they're happiest with!

I'm a week away from having my Defender for a year after I gave up the wait on my Badlands (made it to the dealer in January '22). My Badlands build was around $57k if I remember correctly (4 door, 2.7, Lux, MIC, no sas). The Defender was about $75k (4 door, advanced off-road with the air suspension, heated/cooled seats that Ford should offer, and the rear view mirror that is a camera instead of a mirror) . Definitely more, but the interior shows it, and while I've previously been a Ford-only person, this is the first time in years I didn't get shoulder pain from a long drive (and I did many hours a day for 12 days straight). I also sort of get it now as far as "cheap plastic" - I never had a complaint before with my Fords, but I get it now.

I'm closing on 10k miles, took it to the Badlands, took it off-road, and the only real dealer issue I had was the passenger windshield wiper was set too low and touching the paint. Oh, and at the same time they did a 30 minute PCV recall that hadn't caused me any problems. I've worried greatly about reliability but it's been good.

I'm keeping a close eye on the Bronco still - hoping they come out with a more lux "lux" that still keeps the capabilities, and possibly a hybrid powertrain.