Sponsored

Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly)

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Test drive one. The new JL is actually pretty good. If you get the 2.0 with the etorque it takes away that dreaded 1 to 2 second lag at startup on the Bronco. Drive it with the all terrain TAs. You will love it. I added some mud terrains and it def changes how the vehicle drives and feels, which might be why you get the harsher reviews, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised with a stock rubi.
If it is going to be a daily, and like to hit the mall, then the Bronco is the way to go, but if you plan on taking it offroad jeep all the way. Between computer issues leaving people stranded on trails, the I blew up my 2.7 engine thread, the guy that busted a tie rod going from concrete to grass, or just axle busting fun these guys are having, you'll feel better about driving a jeep offroad especially if you are by yourself in "areas uncharted".
Thanks! Couple dealers around me have the "High Tide " with the extreme reacon package on their lot. Seems interesting.
Many have Rubicons with different options.
Will be checking them out.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! Couple dealers around me have the "High Tide " with the extreme reacon package on their lot. Seems interesting.
Many have Rubicons with different options.
Will be checking them out.
I had originally planned for the Bronco to be my trail rig, but that has changed based on the reviews and posts on this site. Plus who knows if/when I will ever get one. Jeep also has much less chance of getting stuck. Look at the Bronco vs Jeep videos, and you'll notice the jeep is always more planted with the SFA. From your initial post it really looks like you should consider a jeep based on what you will actually be doing with it.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only Subie besides the WRX available with a stick shift is the Cross Trek. Sat in one. My head touched the roof! I'm only 5'10"
The seat height is adjustable, a short person must have cranked up the seat. Crank it back down!

I'm 6'2" and have lots of head room in the crosstrek.

But I agree about the manual transmission, get that instead of the cvt transmission.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will always hold onto the order but just can't commit to a forever timeframe.
Hasn't seemed to be an issue over the last year for.people to buy something else and then trade it in on the Bronco later. Used car market was hot as hell so people weren't losing money.
Worried that won't be the case as we move forward :(
I Understand. It is frustrating. Seems that the same frustration is all over these days. Not just in the Bronco world.

OP
OP
Yes1Please

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I Understand. It is frustrating. Seems that the same frustration is all over these days. Not just in the Bronco world.
Yep, very true. A weird time in our life where everything aligns to totally mess up our plans lol

Sponsored

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the moment, I'm committed to waiting for the Bronco. If I'm still waiting at some point next year, with no clarity on when or if Ford plans to build it, my plan B is to keep my 2019 Ranger. The wait has been tough, more brutal by the lack of communication and seeming lack of commitment to the early reservation holders. Other manufacturers don't seem to have as many problems with supply chain as Ford does - if I went across the street from my dealer, I could order a 4-Runner and it would be there in a month.

That said, I hope you are able to make the best decision for you and your family. We're all in different situations and have different responsibilities. If you decide to hold out and wait for the Bronco, I hope it is worth the wait for you.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have always wanted to be able to hit the trails, beach, areas uncharted but never had a vehicle that could take me and my family.
Decided 1.5 years ago that it was time. After researching, landed on the new Bronco. Was super excited!
15 months later, I'm starting to really look at Jeep as a option.
Interest rates have and are continuing to go up, trade in value are slowly starting to drop and I have already missed a full year of potential outdoor fun.
With no clear understanding of when I could get my Bronco I'm being pulled more and more into looking at options Jeep offers.
Several key things on the Bronco would be missed but some are closely offset by what Jeep offers.
I hate being in this situation :(

Anyone else coming up with or already have a plan "B" with a set time line?

What is your plan B?
Plan A: Get Bronco
Plan B: See Plan A

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just did the COVP today, had CO and had to switch. Picked EG. Neither of us is happy about it.

We had 2dr JK Sport on 35's for a couple of years.
Wanted but couldn't get a Rubicon, none available for hundreds of miles.
We've been talking about finding a 2dr Rubicon.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has long been buried in a pit of bureaucracy for some 60 years, maybe longer. I love some of their vehicles in some of those years… but care very little for the company itself. You should definitely not feel any loyalty towards them, as I guarantee they don’t have any for their customers. There is no shame in owning cars from other companies. There are plenty of competitors making good quality vehicles today - some that have it together much better than Ford lately. I would pull you out of a ditch regardless of whether you drove a Jeep, a Bronco, an FJ, or a Land Rover. Maybe would leave you to die if it were a Nissan (kidding).

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is quite unique. The Wrangler, is just a smaller vehicle and has a smaller infotainment screen, making it look quite dated. The 4runner is out of the question, the interior is extremely dated, and isn't as off road worthy IMO.

Other cool vehicles to consider are trucks like the F150, Toyota Tundra, GMC Canyon AT4X, etc.

But really, the vehicle shortage is still ongoing due to the chip shortage. Probably won't be abated until 2024? And even then, demand will probably outstrip supply due to all the people that have been waiting ...not just for Broncos but for literally every vehicle. I did think about buying a Rav4 Prime but my local dealer said it'd cost 2k over MSRP and wait time is 6+ months.

Forget it, if I have to wait 2 years for the Bronco, I will. And reassess my options yearly. If after say another year of waiting and I see a new 4runner coming out? Hell, i might jump on that band wagon or maybe jeep does another update to their platform to compete? I feel like the wait gives me time to save up enough buy to buy a vehicle outright without financing.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those with a wandering eye, the current Toyota leaks show the following future releases, based on the all new TNGA-F platform:

2024 Tacoma, 4th Gen (Factory Code: 920B), expected fall 2023.

2024 4Runner, 6th Gen (Factory Code: 930B), expected spring 2024.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have always wanted to be able to hit the trails, beach, areas uncharted but never had a vehicle that could take me and my family.
Decided 1.5 years ago that it was time. After researching, landed on the new Bronco. Was super excited!
15 months later, I'm starting to really look at Jeep as a option.
Interest rates have and are continuing to go up, trade in value are slowly starting to drop and I have already missed a full year of potential outdoor fun.
With no clear understanding of when I could get my Bronco I'm being pulled more and more into looking at options Jeep offers.
Several key things on the Bronco would be missed but some are closely offset by what Jeep offers.
I hate being in this situation :(

Anyone else coming up with or already have a plan "B" with a set time line?

What is your plan B?
Key is to get over the image thing - the hang-up some folks have thinking they need a particular vehicle to have off-road exploring fun. I've had decades of fun with my family off-roading and exploring the Rockies and other areas with various Jeeps. Don't let the vehicle make get in front of what should be the main thing - going out their and having some adventures. Maybe at least you can get a used Wrangler in the interim? Then later if the Bronco ever shows up switch it out.

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that most of the people implying that it's an easy decision have profile photos of themselves in their Bronco. I'm sure it seems like a much easier decision from inside the cockpit.

My story is, there is no other vehicle for me. I wasn't even thinking about getting another vehicle when I saw the Bronco and fell in love. The current Jeep designs just don't do it for me. If they would come up with a redesign that pays better homage to a heritage styling, I MIGHT start to be interested. Also not interested in being associated with "ducking", "it's a Jeep thing....", and having my pasty white, flip flop wearing leg hanging out the side. The new Defender looks like a slightly stretched out Honda Element. If there's anything that SLIGHTLY piques my interest, it would be the Toyota 4-Runner TRD Pro.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing wrong with getting a Jeep to tide you over, what I did and been having a blast all summer with it. Granger was selling under invoice so I ordered one last December, got it in March. Not sure why everyone bags on the steering unless they are used to dead steering, it's solid and tracks perfect, but I am used to driving solid axle vehicles. This one has a manual and 4.88's, drives like a sports car, I can bark the tires going to 2nd and 3rd. Rides smooth, took it on a 1,000+ mile trip to the rockies and back, no fear I was ever going to break anything. It is small inside compared to the Bronco, and I think the dash layout is worse where the switches and lockers are but not that big of a deal. It will definitely be tempting to keep, if I can afford it when/if Ford decides to build my Bronco I will.
Ford Bronco Starting to get pulled in another direction...(sadly) jeep6
Sponsored