Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m honestly starting to wonder if all this Raptor hype is worth it. My ordered Raptor comes out a little over 91K out the door. I’m having seconds thoughts on if it’s wise to drop that much on a vehicle that can’t tow 12k. It’s just going to be a toy. Don’t know what to do. The longer it takes for delivery the more I think I’m making a bad financial decision.
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through the exact same thing when I first ordered my TRX. 44,000 miles later, it's one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. My bronco is another.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m honestly starting to wonder if all this Raptor hype is worth it. My ordered Raptor comes out a little over 91K out the door. I’m having seconds thoughts on if it’s wise to drop that much on a vehicle that can’t tow 12k. It’s just going to be a toy. Don’t know what to do. The longer it takes for delivery the more I think I’m making a bad financial decision.
If you want to tow, get a truck or capable vehicle to tow. If you want to offroad in a beefy vehicle get the raptor. If towing is your first requirement, dump the bronco and get a truck.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't tow, drives like a bus, can't park in a lot of places... unless you're going to be racing through the desert, it's nothing more than a status car. Wildtrak or Badlands is better suited for 99% of people. At the Raptor level, you're buying a less capable vehicle and buying more into an image.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Understandable but I think resell value will be there. If you can afford without overextending and that’s what you want I would do it. Heck an average loaded SUV these days are close to that. Saw a Lincoln on the lot at my dealer, 100k.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean, unless u live someplace where you can go high speed desert running I don't really get the appeal. Even then, a turbo RZR or YXZ would be a lot more fun in that situation for less than 1/3 of the price 🤷

Also the Raptor fenders are so fugly it legit makes it the worst looking trim IMO.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't tow, drives like a bus, can't park in a lot of places... unless you're going to be racing through the desert, it's nothing more than a status car. Wildtrak or Badlands is better suited for 99% of people. At the Raptor level, you're buying a less capable vehicle and buying more into an image.
SPOT ON!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy it and flip it then. Plenty of idiots willing to spend $100k+ status symbols.

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I’m a truck guy. Have an ‘06 duramax 2500 that I purchased new. I work, but also have a Lawncare business on the side where I pulled about 10K around 140 times a year. It’s getting way old with around 300k miles. The reason I wanted the Raptor is I used to own a Pumpkin Orange 1979 rally Scout. Have so many positive memories of that vehicle. Sold it with absolutely no rust in 1999 for $1200 and have totally regretted it ever since. This Raptor is to be kind of a replacement to the Scout and to relive my youth although my life has changed. No longer do I go 4 wheeling with the top off.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’m a truck guy. Have an ‘06 duramax 2500 that I purchased new. I work, but also have a Lawncare business on the side where I pulled about 10K around 140 times a year. It’s getting way old with around 300k miles. The reason I wanted the Raptor is I used to own a Pumpkin Orange 1979 rally Scout. Have so many positive memories of that vehicle. Sold it with absolutely no rust in 1999 for $1200 and have totally regretted it ever since. This Raptor is to be kind of a replacement to the Scout and to relive my youth although my life has changed. No longer do I go 4 wheeling with the top off.
Then just let the dealer have it. They make $20k and you have peace of mind😂

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And yes, I ordered Code “pumpkin” Orange. To me there was no other choice.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not worth it if you will not use the added functionality. I wouldn't buy Raptor for play acting. Spend on stuff you'll actually use.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It should occur to everyone that Off-Road vehicles are susceptible to damage and loss. As such, it depends on how much you want to risk.
Sponsored