First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If people are getting there feelings hurt about trim levels here, wait until the jeep and solid axel guys out in the real world get ahold of you. It ain’t gonna be pretty. A little ribbing here will get you ready for what’s about to happen out there.
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 75% sure I'm getting a 4 door Outer Banks, hopefully outfitted with Sasquatch, 2.7L, and the High Trim package, with molded hard top. This will likely end up being a $55k truck by the time all is said and done - FARR more expensive than any other vehicle I've ever purchased - which scares the crap out of me, honestly... I'm planning on trying to save up half the cost of the truck as a down payment by the time I need to pay the piper.
This will be a daily driver for me with occasional off-road/trail excursions, trips to the snow up in Tahoe, and some road trips out to the desert, Utah, etc ... I envy those of you who can afford/justify to spend $60-$65k on a truck and then take it out and thrash on it... I have a 4 year old Mustang that I bought brand new in 2016, it has 82k miles and not a single ding/dent or scratch on it.. I like my vehicles to look nice and be functional.... scratches and dents irritate the crap out of me.

I've never owned a purpose-built 4wd like this (with the exception of a Wrangler Sahara that I had for a month back in the 90's .. but it was also a commuter vehicle, and it only got 11mpg, and I was in my 20's... so it needed to go) ... so the off-road world is new to me.. I'm not planning on going all-out.

I am an automotive enthusiast (and photographer), and I love the different communities that often revolve around different vehicles - although I'm getting tired of the Mustang crowd - half of them are meatheads who do nothing but give the rest of us a bad name.. I'm looking forward to getting immersed into the Bronco world as long as things don't devolve to the same crap I see in the Mustang community.
Well said!

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m buying the WildTrak. It’s the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever purchased. And I know I should take the money and put in my retirement or pay for the kids college. But fuck it. You only live once and you can’t take it with you. Don’t wish you life away. Live it. ✌

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves here. Interior options could totally change some opinions once they are out. How many FE reservations are planning on dropping down to get different interior.

I know I won't be totally sold until I can fully config my new toy!

Edit: hopefully Ford will give us plenty of options.

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only stipulation is if your not going to see any dirt, don't run a winch. Also, the Wildtrack will be no better at high speed stuff than any other Squatch. Its all marketing if that is what you are basing your decision on.
The Wildtrak for sure will be better at high speeds than MOST other trims. 2.7 stock and Baja mode. You should watch videos of Baja mode, pretty impressive stuff. I also believe it's a tad wide with wheels spacers but I could be wrong.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the forums have this going on and (so far) this forum seems to have a lot less of it than most... which is nice. But that might be because we are still all confused what trim is what.

The Wrangler forums often have statements that begin with "my Rubicon" or the Gladiator forums "my Max Tow" (as if that is some kind of impressive status symbol to be able to tow 2/3 of what a half-ton can tow...). But then in the next thread they are talking about their lease term...

Last edited:

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my fancy toys... drag strip to mud bogs to rock crawling. I'm at the point that watching you folks run your toys is enjoyable. Build them and run them. I did. My wrenching days are over. I'll just sit back and enjoy you having a blast. My G6 will be limited to scenic trails and the grocery store. I have a SXS for the deep woods. It's easier that way.

Life Lesson: There's always a bigger and badder toy than yours.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like people misunderstood me, I’m not judging, do what you want. My point is simply that you have to ignore the stigma because no matter what you do you cannot sway the opinions of judgmental people that literally know nothing about you.

I have an H2 and a Harley among my vehicles, both are controversial to certain dumbasses but regardless I do what I want because it’s my life at the end of the day.

A lion doesn’t lose sleep to the opinion of sheep.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah well Ford tells me I'm too good to own a Base... The (hang on let me do this right, before I get Doug'd) TURTLES are making me move up to Big Bend just to get Race Red... So see ya LOSERS!! ? Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'm still a Base man at heart!
n2opshnes2vnglziys2nlr4yu9yrfva8f4inc4du&rid=giphy.gif

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, you NEED an OBX ya City Slicker. With them little 'street' tires on there :mad:

Sorry Sarge, I felt the need to interject a little anger ?‍♂

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know about grabbing balls and humping but cheers ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my fancy toys... drag strip to mud bogs to rock crawling. I'm at the point that watching you folks run your toys is enjoyable. Build them and run them. I did. My wrenching days are over. I'll just sit back and enjoy you having a blast. My G6 will be limited to scenic trails and the grocery store. I have a SXS for the deep woods. It's easier that way.

Life Lesson: There's always a bigger and badder toy than yours.
An old wheeler friend of mine now has sxs’s. A lot easier and very capable.
Sponsored