Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be new to off-roading and the compromise with my wife is that we get something that caters to both our needs. She wanted something more luxury minded (Grand Cherokee, Volvo XC60) while I wanted something a bit more rugged. Hence us focusing on getting the OB trim. If someone doesn't want to wave at me, that's fine. If I happen to see you on the side of the road with car troubles I"ll still stop to help b/c that's the kind of person I am.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely donā€™t see Bronco being a ā€œStatus Symbolā€....each of my vehicles serves a purpose. You get it for what you want to do with it.,,who cares what everyone else thinks...

Edited:
DD: Bronco/H3/Tundra...to keep miles low rotate each
Off roading: Bronco/H3/side by side
Road trips: Bronco/Tundra
Beach: Bronco/H3
Bug out: H3/Bronco
Rollin solo: Harley ??

9AC6EA9F-3FCB-47E0-8E50-5B08EA648032.jpeg

Last edited:

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak is more for Baja style IMO, I wouldn't even consider it geared towards something like the Badlands which I feel is more for rock-crawling. Either way they're still both very capable Broncos. As long as you drive a Bronco we're copacetic in my book.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 75% sure I'm getting a 4 door Outer Banks, hopefully outfitted with Sasquatch, 2.7L, and the High Trim package, with molded hard top. This will likely end up being a $55k truck by the time all is said and done - FARR more expensive than any other vehicle I've ever purchased - which scares the crap out of me, honestly... I'm planning on trying to save up half the cost of the truck as a down payment by the time I need to pay the piper.
This will be a daily driver for me with occasional off-road/trail excursions, trips to the snow up in Tahoe, and some road trips out to the desert, Utah, etc ... I envy those of you who can afford/justify to spend $60-$65k on a truck and then take it out and thrash on it... I have a 4 year old Mustang that I bought brand new in 2016, it has 82k miles and not a single ding/dent or scratch on it.. I like my vehicles to look nice and be functional.... scratches and dents irritate the crap out of me.

I've never owned a purpose-built 4wd like this (with the exception of a Wrangler Sahara that I had for a month back in the 90's .. but it was also a commuter vehicle, and it only got 11mpg, and I was in my 20's... so it needed to go) ... so the off-road world is new to me.. I'm not planning on going all-out.

I am an automotive enthusiast (and photographer), and I love the different communities that often revolve around different vehicles - although I'm getting tired of the Mustang crowd - half of them are meatheads who do nothing but give the rest of us a bad name.. I'm looking forward to getting immersed into the Bronco world as long as things don't devolve to the same crap I see in the Mustang community.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak is more for Baja style IMO, I wouldn't even consider it geared towards something like the Badlands which I feel is more for rock-crawling. Either way they're still both very capable Broncos. As long as you drive a Bronco we're copacetic in my book.
Im fully expecting a Wildtrak will be able to go anywheres that my current 2010 Wrangler 2d Sport can and has gone... including some pretty rocky, rutted, washed out backwoods hunting camp trails... I dont see it as just a sand dune runner at all.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands because I'm bias... has nothing to do with 'your' preference. I think all trims are great for what you want them for. This is a discussion forum, and if people ask for opinions, I feel free to give my opinion and reasons. We get heated and passionate with our opinions - sure. I don't know anything these days that is not distilled down to basic competition. Try talking smack about a football team, and you'll soon find someone who will come to their defense (except the Patriots).

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this post would have been more meaningful if it originated from a Big Bender. That trim gets no love from anyone, Base to FE. ā˜¹

Being from Texas, I felt embarrassed to get one due to the moaning and groaning about that trim level. Still waiting for a B&P though.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok.... I guess I'll hang out with people that get the base. They have to buy the first round though.
Alright, I'll get the first round. I'm gonna be the one with the base 2 door, ugly grill, headlights, and gray roof, rockin' tires that aren't socially acceptable because they're not big enough. I'm gonna be picked last for Bronco events. I can see it now.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this post would have been more meaningful if it originated from a Big Bender. That trim gets no love from anyone, Base to FE. ā˜¹

Being from Texas, I felt embarrassed to get one due to the moaning and groaning about that trim level. Still waiting for a B&P though.
I'm actually going to get either a Big Bend or Base, so there you go.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh, a subject so dear to my heart... ?

Well, although the Bronco is a dedicated off road vehicle, all trims certainly aren't for serious wheeling, but that was the same for the original back in the 60's too.

Because the Bronco has IFS, you actually can just cruise in it. Problem will come with the availability of the Sasquatch package and replacement tires for those who will really use it (like me!) versus those who will just profile around town (Bronco owners in NY and Florida, Ha!).

Sasquatch will not feel so good with MT tires, but there are so many people in Wranglers with big wheels (not big tires) in that rickety riding thing, that I just don't see how they tolerate it over potholes in the city, yet they do it everyday because of the "look".

Who knows, but there isn't anything we can do about the guys wanting to "look" rugged but aren't. These guys have the money and will spend it, so Ford will sell a Bronco to them, and they should.

The more Broncos that are sold to the city bois, the more money Ford will have to mod out the Raptor/Warthog versions in the future.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I'll get the first round. I'm gonna be the one with the base 2 door, ugly grill, headlights, and gray roof, rockin' tires that aren't socially acceptable because they're not big enough. I'm gonna be picked last for Bronco events. I can see it now.
I drive a 4 cylinder turbo Mustang (the same ecoboost 2.3L in the Bronco) - I'm used to being shunned by the 'Mustang purists' - but there are also a number of them who are cool and accepting of all trim levels... with that being said - if you're ever in Northern CA/Sacramento area - hit me up and I'll buy YOU a beer!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never considered the Bronco a status symbol in any trim level. Itā€™s a mass produced 4x4 with small motor thatā€™s just supposed to be fun, impractical, Capable off road and hey the top comes off! Itā€™s not a Range Rover or Mercedes Gwagen no matter what trim you get.

Iā€˜m probably getting a Basemansquatch because I donā€™t want to pay more than $45k out the door for a slow suv. The Bronco to me is topless beach toy, maybe some trails if I can even find any but primarily driven on the road. Thatā€™s no worse than a Corvette that doesnā€™t see a track or turbo diesel that doesnā€™t tow things. Nobody needs a Bronco. They want one and their reasons vary and are their own.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drive a 4 cylinder turbo Mustang (the same ecoboost 2.3L in the Bronco) - I'm used to being shunned by the 'Mustang purists' - but there are also a number of them who are cool and accepting of all trim levels... with that being said - if you're ever in Northern CA/Sacramento area - hit me up and I'll buy YOU a beer!
Why don't you both meet in the middle and come to Lebanon, MO and I'll buy you both a beer!
Sponsored