Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I posted this on another thread because people seem to be getting or are perceiving others to have some sort of status symbol complex based on their desired trim levels, and seriously guys it needs to stop. People come on here and give people flak for wanting a certain trim, option, etc. Get what you want and option it out for what you want to do with it. I don't care what you get, as long as you get a Bronco. We are supposed to be a family of like-minded enthusiasts who adore the Bronco for what it is. Personally, I would never take a brand-new $50k-$60k vehicle to the Rubicon Trail to get all torn up. That just doesn't make financial sense for me. For the people with the disposable income that are able to do those things, that's awesome and more power to you. But, common sense tells me that maybe .5% of Bronco buyers will have their brand-new vehicles on the tough trails in the first year. The Bronco itself is a lifestyle and status symbol even without accounting for what trim you all get. The Bronco says we're the ones that grab life by the balls and hump it into submission. So y'all shut up and love your ball-bustin', life bangin' Bronco riders.
tenor.gif

I just wanted to make it clear, I donā€™t hump anything with balls. Ok, carry on.......
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this post would have been more meaningful if it originated from a Big Bender. That trim gets no love from anyone, Base to FE. ā˜¹

Being from Texas, I felt embarrassed to get one due to the moaning and groaning about that trim level. Still waiting for a B&P though.
Awe man, this actually made me sad. Don't feel embarrassed. You're getting what you can afford and you can still take it out in the sticks when you want to. Then, you'll also be able to mod as you go.

Who knows, you may get that big time promotion or new job in a year or so, then BAM! ? Picture your ass rollin!?

Tell the world of Texas to kiss your ass. I'm from Alabama, trust me that I do so as often as I can, cause ROLL DAMN TIDE!

Just messin wit Texas! Ha ha! .... no, but really. ?

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wanted to make it clear, I donā€™t hump anything with balls. Ok, carry on.......
I was wondering if anyone would catch that. But is life a he or a she? I would say an "it". The balls are just "metaphorical balls"! That about solves it.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess itā€™s different for everyone but I donā€™t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it. Granted I see Wranglers with perfect paint and 20ā€ rims all day so thatā€™s not a common sentiment.

I had my H2 going through trails, trudging through deep mud and forwarding 48+ inches of water within a couple months of buying it. It has scratches all down the paint and I love it that way.

I personally donā€™t care what you do with it, the more pristine off-road vehicles today the more trucks I can rip parts off of in 20 years from the junkyard. But you will never lose that stigma from others that you bought it for a status symbol unless your driving around caked in mud or decked out with USEFUL gear (not the typical look at me jazz on perfectly waxed trucks).

If people who don't off-road didn't exist, the Bronco would literally not exist. There aren't enough off-roaders out there for a company like Ford to mass-produce a vehicle specifically for them.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Definitely donā€™t see Bronco being a ā€œStatus Symbolā€....each of my vehicles serves a purpose. You get it for what you want to do with it.,,who cares what everyone else thinks...

Edited:
DD: Bronco/H3/Tundra...to keep miles low rotate each
Off roading: Bronco/H3/side by side
Road trips: Bronco/Tundra
Beach: Bronco/H3
Bug out: H3/Bronco
Rollin solo: Harley ??

9AC6EA9F-3FCB-47E0-8E50-5B08EA648032.jpeg
Good to see I am notthe only one with more wheels then drivers! Love my UTV by the way. Like a little Bronco that helps me manage my land!

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this post would have been more meaningful if it originated from a Big Bender. That trim gets no love from anyone, Base to FE. ā˜¹

Being from Texas, I felt embarrassed to get one due to the moaning and groaning about that trim level. Still waiting for a B&P though.
My Res is for Wildtrak. But I'm all over the place 'till B&P comes out.

Big Bend is in the mix for me. Leaning towards Base 2.7 Squatch but I really think I want the mid pack.

All these "trim levels" are not trim levels in the traditional sense. They are more option groups than anything. Minus the BD/BL interior, FE interior, and the BL disco.

You cannot option a base Golf to be a GTI, you cannot option a WRX to be an STI, I could go on and on, but you get my point.

The Bronco has 7 "trim levels" but only 3 unique options within them. Disco (BL & FE only), "washout interior" (BD & BL only), and Navy Pier interior (FE & OB? only).

Two or three actual trim levels would of made more sense. Most of these seem to be a marketing idea.
Some of us are more Alpha than others?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My only stipulation is if your not going to see any dirt, don't run a winch. Also, the Wildtrack will be no better at high speed stuff than any other Squatch. Its all marketing if that is what you are basing your decision on.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I find personal stories interesting, I really donā€™t care what others choose. I have always had a great deal of respect for the person who saves, works extra jobs just to fulfill a dream of being able to afford a Bronco. I remember a time when that was me. I will admit I probably appreciated the vehicle more than I do now. The flip side is back then I took meticulous care and never drove those cars they way they should have been because I had to struggle just to buy it. Fast forward and I am on the opposite side of the financial spectrum. But I also drive them now like I stole them.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDGAF

You want a base knock yourself out, you want to deck out the most expensive ride you can...go for it. Have fun and enjoy.

Sponsored

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with the OP.

First off, I don't give a sh*t what anyone thinks. I'm buying what I like... not what you like. I also don't care what you plan to do with your Bronco nor should you care what I do with mine. It's my $ end of story. (y)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this on another thread because people seem to be getting or are perceiving others to have some sort of status symbol complex based on their desired trim levels, and seriously guys it needs to stop. People come on here and give people flak for wanting a certain trim, option, etc. Get what you want and option it out for what you want to do with it. I don't care what you get, as long as you get a Bronco. We are supposed to be a family of like-minded enthusiasts who adore the Bronco for what it is. Personally, I would never take a brand-new $50k-$60k vehicle to the Rubicon Trail to get all torn up. That just doesn't make financial sense for me. For the people with the disposable income that are able to do those things, that's awesome and more power to you. But, common sense tells me that maybe .5% of Bronco buyers will have their brand-new vehicles on the tough trails in the first year. The Bronco itself is a lifestyle and status symbol even without accounting for what trim you all get. The Bronco says we're the ones that grab life by the balls and hump it into submission. So y'all shut up and love your ball-bustin', life bangin' Bronco riders.
tenor.gif
Couldnā€™t swing for the Badlands huh?! Thatā€™s too bad!

Iā€™m kidding of course!!! :ROFLMAO:

Trim shaming though?! Why stop there? Can we please extend this to the ā€œmanuals are for REAL men onlyā€, ā€œthe only Bronco I respect is one that goes off-road and gets scratches, dings and dentsā€ and the ā€œpainted fender flares are for soccer momsā€ crowds?!

Get what you want and enjoy it. On-road only, off-road only, strictly trails or to the mall or soccer practice and anywhere in between is fine with me. Itā€™s your money, your vehicle, your life. Do as you please.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously? The Wildtrak is outta my budget, but I'm a tad jealous of those who are buying it. More power to ya.
He got it wrong, he didnā€™t understand the point of the post.
Sponsored