Sponsored

Steering improvements for 2024 Badlands- Has Ford defined?

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm attempting to find any definite information regarding the steering improvements for the 2024 MY Badlands.

Has anyone seen anything other than general PR Fluff from Ford, has HOSS 3.0 been confirmed?

Thx
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing yet.

Given HOSS 3.0 had a fair amount of marketing oomph behind it, I would assume if the steering from HOSS 3.0 was made standard on Badlands they would have marketed that somewhere. So... the lack of marketing plus the fact that Wildtrak already has HOSS 3.0 (and yet was said to receive the steering improvements) leads me to believe that it was it was just a minor design change. I were to guess, it's probably just extra support for the ball screw shaft/gearing to help prevent movement.

Bronco Nation did do a Q&A at Woodward Dream Cruise with members of the Ford Bronco team. From what I heard, that was done live with those who attended Woodward, but it wasn't broadcast online. The steering rack was one of the questions that was submitted before hand, so maybe the question was asked and answered. Hoping someone who attended Woodward could clue us in, but if not... supposedly it will be released in podcast form at some point.

LauraZielinski

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing yet.

Given HOSS 3.0 had a fair amount of marketing oomph behind it, I would assume if the steering from HOSS 3.0 was made standard on Badlands they would have marketed that somewhere. So... the lack of marketing plus the fact that Wildtrak already has HOSS 3.0 (and yet was said to receive the steering improvements) leads me to believe that it was it was just a minor design change. I were to guess, it's probably just extra support for the ball screw shaft/gearing to help prevent movement.

Bronco Nation did do a Q&A at Woodward Dream Cruise with members of the Ford Bronco team. From what I heard, that was done live with those who attended Woodward, but it wasn't broadcast online. The steering rack was one of the questions that was submitted before hand, so maybe the question was asked and answered. Hoping someone who attended Woodward could clue us in, but if not... supposedly it will be released in podcast form at some point.
@Jordan Parker is working on it. We did ask this question and they answered. I'm going to wait for the podcast to quote brand manager Matt Winter, but it was good news.
Sponsored