Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have any idea what could cause the steering rack to click. Just noticed this when turning the steering wheel left but I guess when taking the video it kinda does it both ways. It’s noticeable from the driver seat. It seems to be coming from the center so I’m assuming the steering rack.
Sponsored

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damaged or failed mounting bushing

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Literally just noticed mine doing this last week. Identical

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Literally just noticed mine doing this last week. Identical
I’m at 25k miles. No suspension mods. I still have a pending problem with clunk when releasing brake and sometimes the turn signal cancels all the way to the left when making a right turn( been to the dealer to have the last two “fix” already) . Any of that common with you?

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've always had the brake clunk release. Never thought anything of it because the bronco we drove in Moab before I took delivery did the same thing. I do have some oscillating noise in the front in described in another post that goes away in 4H.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone have any idea what could cause the steering rack to click. Just noticed this when turning the steering wheel left but I guess when taking the video it kinda does it both ways. It’s noticeable from the driver seat. It seems to be coming from the center so I’m assuming the steering rack.
Hi there. Will you send us a PM with your VIN and dealership location/name? I can look into things on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you get this resolved? Mine just started making that same clicking sound when full turns today.

Edit: had an oil change last week and they must not have totally torqued down the skid, and off roading since then must have loosened it enough. I pulled off to inspect the steering rack since I assumed it was that, but noticed the skid clicked a little and was sitting loose. Took it off, turned wheel again and noise is gone. Put the skid back on, turned wheel, still good. Went and took a drive and no more sound. Weird outcome but I'll take it.

Last edited:

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to put my .02 in.
I have Asfir skids, noticed the same clicking as the video. Pin pointed it to only happen once while turning the wheel one way, then when turning the other way it'd only happen once as well untill i turned it back the other way.

Pin pointed it to the skid plate right under the rack- could feel the "pop" on the skid plate.

Pulled it off, no noise. Cleaned the mating surfaces of the skid/bronco and bolted it back, no more noise

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wanted to put my .02 in.
I have Asfir skids, noticed the same clicking as the video. Pin pointed it to only happen once while turning the wheel one way, then when turning the other way it'd only happen once as well untill i turned it back the other way.

Pin pointed it to the skid plate right under the rack- could feel the "pop" on the skid plate.

Pulled it off, no noise. Cleaned the mating surfaces of the skid/bronco and bolted it back, no more noise
I have the same skids, but my clunking sound turned out to be the sway bar links.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you get this resolved? Mine just started making that same clicking sound when full turns today.

Edit: had an oil change last week and they must not have totally torqued down the skid, and off roading since then must have loosened it enough. I pulled off to inspect the steering rack since I assumed it was that, but noticed the skid clicked a little and was sitting loose. Took it off, turned wheel again and noise is gone. Put the skid back on, turned wheel, still good. Went and took a drive and no more sound. Weird outcome but I'll take it.

my wife stole my bronco. lol. I think it has gone away on its own though. I’ll pay attention the next time I get to drive it.
Sponsored