John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Moved fader up front..stereo sounds better..lol
Still need it louder though..I know there have been a bunch of threads on this but my questions are
1. If I change out pods to 6.5 ..will that make it louder or do I still need amp for that ?
2. If I do Fusion amp/kicker sub do I still need another amp to make system louder?
3. Can I change all speakers to co axial or 3 way?
4. Considering the Rockford Fosgate...I just really want it a tad bit louder( I listen to a wide range of music...90s grunge, new wave, classic rock, etc)
There are so many threads in regards to stereo...I'm just so disappointed that this stereo is so bad.
All advice welcome...
Thanks to all who have posted videos or detailed their builds and included prices

20230826_203508.jpg

Screenshot_20230902_212749_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with kicker amp and kicker speakers. 6.5 in the back with the Mabett pods. Used Bass blockers on all. Did some Forscan adjustments, happy with it, didn’t want a sub but all that is a personal preference. The factory set up is junk. I have my fade a litter farther back due to the aforementioned and happy.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. If I change out pods to 6.5 ..will that make it louder or do I still need amp for that ?
It'll make it sound better, but not necessarily louder. If you want louder you need an amp. If you really want to maximize the volume, you'll want to buy higher sensitivity speakers (93dB/watt or higher)
2. If I do Fusion amp/kicker sub do I still need another amp to make system louder?
Yes. If you want to save money you can buy a single amp that can power both the speakers and the subwoofer. It'll make the wiring potion more complicated, but it will save some money.
3. Can I change all speakers to co axial or 3 way?
Yes.
4. Considering the Rockford Fosgate...I just really want it a tad bit louder( I listen to a wide range of music...90s grunge, new wave, classic rock, etc)
Amplifier.

---

If you need help with install let me know. I have bunch of post/videos on the topic (first post starts here).
Sponsored