35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand. You could damage the amp if you do not have the resistors so have another shop look for you?
It's a popular chain I don't want to name, but I'm sure they will honor it at another location.
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a popular chain I don't want to name, but I'm sure they will honor it at another location.
Can you look at your invoice to see if you paid for load resistors?

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t ground anything to the engine ground located up top of the firewall. I had fog lights grounded there and if those were on and radio at the same time I’d get engine whine through the speakers.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or just use a Helix amp.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s why you use two 20’s. Audio control is coming out with 10’s.
I spoke to the guy I linked in video and he said the 20's work just fine. no need for 2 stacked. He has done over 30 Bronco installs and no problems. Who told you to stack 2 20's? Audio control?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke to the guy I linked in video and he said the 20's work just fine. no need for 2 stacked. He has done over 30 Bronco installs and no problems. Who told you to stack 2 20's? Audio control?
The company I bought my amp from. 5 Star car audio in Clearwater FL. Use what works. I went with Helix instead which adapts to the amp in Bronco base radio. Which is a commonly used type of amp in European OEM radios for years. No load resistors required.

Vilk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the noise is speed dependent, it is most likely injected from the electricals of the engine. There are filters made specifically for that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The shop is saying it’s an issue with the amp. Audiocontrol acx 650.5. We will see.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
New amp, added the resisters as were mentioned right from audiocontrol, rewired literally everything and moved the ground to the battery, and still making that damn sound - here is a new clip from yesterday. No phone plugged in or bluetoothed to it in ANY way. No stereo on. Just driving with no sound.

I'm going to try a few things mentioned here:

1) I'm going to move the grounds for my lights. They ARE on the firewall and even if they're not on I don't want them to factor in.
2) I'm going to ask they move the location of the crossovers for the components - is it AT ALL possible that they are too close to something that gives off an electrical current, something like that? They're in the footwells.
3) I'm going to drive it with the RCAs unplugged. If they make the sound without the amp installed at all - my thought being if it makes the sound with NOTHING going to them, then it's a totally separate issue from the amp.

Can anyone else think of anything?

It is not present when idling. It starts when you hit higher speeds, and once it starts, for the rest of the day you can hear it. I am at the end of my rope. I'm desperate for help because it makes my bronco entirely undrivable.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from unclipping every light on my truck, all the quick connects, thinking that might stop a closed circuit so if something was funny about the lights or similar it might make a difference. It didn't.

Here is what I notice, not because of the lights but just from a quick drive:

I can make it happen almost INSTANTLY the second I get above 80-82 miles an hour and once it starts it comes and goes but you could then hear it at 10, 20, etc. I don't know if I have to hit 80+ first (thank you Texas highways) but when I do, it instantly starts.

It persists if you turn the car off. If I just drove it, pull over, shut it off, then hop back in, restart, etc. it will happen at 80+ but I didn't hear it at lower speeds.

I'm trying one more new audiocontrol amp but after that I think I might try a different brand. This is absolutely maddening. Again, I welcome any ideas.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It persists if you turn the car off.
Wow. Got me there. I would have guessed grounding issue/noise - but with the car off... There are still a lot of electronics that run, and they make electrical noise, but not much that would be speed dependent. Usually those electronics are pretty well shielded, but who knows.

The only other thing I could think to check would be pull the amp out - with it setting out of the truck run it straight from your battery (with just a fuse), and rig up a speaker to hear what it's doing. That's a bit of a pain to set up though. But if it's the amp doing it - that would eliminate everything else.

There are ground loop isolators that you could try as well, they go on the RCA inputs. That's something else cheap you could try

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-lg116fhYCWy/p_127SNI1/PAC-SNI-1.html

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. Got me there. I would have guessed grounding issue/noise - but with the car off... There are still a lot of electronics that run, and they make electrical noise, but not much that would be speed dependent. Usually those electronics are pretty well shielded, but who knows.

The only other thing I could think to check would be pull the amp out - with it setting out of the truck run it straight from your battery (with just a fuse), and rig up a speaker to hear what it's doing. That's a bit of a pain to set up though. But if it's the amp doing it - that would eliminate everything else.

There are ground loop isolators that you could try as well, they go on the RCA inputs. That's something else cheap you could try

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-lg116fhYCWy/p_127SNI1/PAC-SNI-1.html

I realize I was confusing there - It doesn't make the sound OFF, if you turn off the car, wait say 30 minutes, then go drive again, you'll hear it when you're driving again and don't need to get up to higher speeds. If it sits for like 2 days, you probably won't hear it until highway speeds.

Swapping in a JL Audio RD900/5 and seeing what we get.

This is getting expensive.
Sponsored

Last edited: