MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend, Scion iQ, Aprilia RS660, Ural
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sub is in. I had thoughts of hiding the amp, but the fact is you can't really see it where it sits anyway. By mounting it on top of the box, it will cool better, and any adjustments are certainly easier to make...
NZ6_3737.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. This really has turned out as good as I had hoped. I've owned louder systems for sure, but never anything remotely this accurate and clean. It makes driving a pleasure....

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great looking install. Any follow-up on the sound quality? Does it sound as awesome as you’d hoped? Some say the Hertz can be a little bright.

Do you think there would be room to surface mount the tweets on the dash grilles?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great looking install. Any follow-up on the sound quality? Does it sound as awesome as you’d hoped? Some say the Hertz can be a little bright.

Do you think there would be room to surface mount the tweets on the dash grilles?
I went with a jl audio vx700 5i. The dsp adjustments are unlimited. Can make it sound anyway you want. Bright, flat, full, bass heavy. Things insane with what it can do once you start playing with it. I can adjust any one speakers curve, filters, input, output, gain, polarity and so on. Crazy what you can do now since my younger days of rocking rockfords back in the 90’s when they actually made a quality product.

I’ve gone through mine 3 times now. Each tune comes out better then the last. To me a properly set up bronco system has a great sound stage despite what others say. I have no issues drowning out the Highway noise to the point of all you hear is music with the top and doors off.

Sponsored

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with a jl audio vx700 5i. The dsp adjustments are unlimited. Can make it sound anyway you want. Bright, flat, full, bass heavy. Things insane with what it can do once you start playing with it. I can adjust any one speakers curve, filters, input, output, gain, polarity and so on. Crazy what you can do now since my younger days of rocking rockfords back in the 90’s when they actually made a quality product.

I’ve gone through mine 3 times now. Each tune comes out better then the last. To me a properly set up bronco system has a great sound stage despite what others say. I have no issues drowning out the Highway noise to the point of all you hear is music with the top and doors off.
Same speakers? Looks like another good amp option

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same speakers? Looks like another good amp option
I did audio frogs for the 4”, morels for the kicks and a jl 10. So quality wise I’m just below what the op picked out besides the amp. The dsp is amazing for the control you get. I won’t ever get a amp without it again.

Equipment I went with. I just wanted it to be able to drown out the vehicle noise so you’re immersed with just sound even on the highway with the top and doors off. Kind of like my setup at home. When it’s up the only thing that exists is you and the music. No other sounds or noises. Plus I’m short on some high end hearing. Reason I didn’t grab anything with the remote tweeters. Had no need for them and don’t plan on anyone riding with me but the dog.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/mid-high-end-stereo-install-jl-audio-audio-frog.44928/

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dsp amp was nice. I was able to isolate and tune each speaker independently for max sound in each location. Was able to filter out any distortion in real time, then add mids through the eq adjustments. Then flip polarity and balance it out. Real nice to sit in the drivers seat with a laptop and make real time adjustments. My 4” actually produce deep mids, kicks sounds like 8” woofers you can feel in your chest. The sub, well you can only do so much with a shallow sealed. It’s good, just missing the deep lows.

OP
OP

MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Those two amps have nearly identical features. I went with the Audio Control as it had more power.

OP
OP

MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It sounds fantastic, and makes driving a joy every day. That's funny, as I researched and chose those specific speakers because I hate bright myself. They HUGE soft dome tweeters, and easy one the ears.

Sponsored

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you also add sound deadening to the hardtop? How much quieter is your truck with the Hushmat?

OP
OP

MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you also add sound deadening to the hardtop? How much quieter is your truck with the Hushmat?
Only the OEM deadener on the roof...

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are these the crossovers that came with the 28.3 tweeters and the 163.3 components?

E065CE8E-8244-444F-B9A0-AA723D4F5D6F.jpeg