First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤔 Hmm…i also dismissed this idea based on the same reasons! I would like to see a photo of this particular component of the build! If it’s feasible then that’s the route i’d rather take!
I was just looking at the hideaway 8" and measuring under my seat with stats from crutchfield...
14 1/4" long, 9 3/8" deep, and 3 1/4" high. The length is larger than the space between the seat rails by just a bit. The depth would have it sticking out in to the foot area of the passengers a couple inches (on a 2 door).. and the height might be tight. I don't have the rear ac vents on my non-sas badlands w/mid package, but there is another hump down there taking up space.
I too would like to see pictures of one installed under the seat.

Guess I could put it in the cargo area too, but I really don't want to reduce cargo space.
Sponsored

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely. Butter smooth. Very much worth the steep price!
How'd you get the GS42s to fit in the dash?

They seem too tight...and not sure the holes will match up with the ones there.

(Thanks!)

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How'd you get the GS42s to fit in the dash?

They seem too tight...and not sure the holes will match up with the ones there.

(Thanks!)
That’s a good question. By default, the GS42 holes do not line up with the factory ones. I ended up using a washer to lock one of the sides down (using the screw to go through the factory hole and the washer makes contact with the GS42 hole), and then installed the other side through the factory hole. Been holding solid for a few weeks now. I bet there’s a more elegant backstrap solution, but surprisingly Crutchfield didn’t automatically recommend anything like that when I purchased them. No issues whatsoever with depth.

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a good question. By default, the GS42 holes do not line up with the factory ones. I ended up using a washer to lock one of the sides down (using the screw to go through the factory hole and the washer makes contact with the GS42 hole), and then installed the other side through the factory hole. Been holding solid for a few weeks now. I bet there’s a more elegant backstrap solution, but surprisingly Crutchfield didn’t automatically recommend anything like that when I purchased them. No issues whatsoever with depth.
Thanks for the write up.

I ended up clipping off one part of a hole on each side (so they end up looking a bit like a C). That provided enough material on each side for the screws to hold it securely.

They sound awesome — clearer than the JL C1-400s I had in there, but does seem like they’ll benefit from some break-in.

I’m trying pairing them with Memphis MJP6 mids for the kick speakers.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just looking at the hideaway 8" and measuring under my seat with stats from crutchfield...
14 1/4" long, 9 3/8" deep, and 3 1/4" high. The length is larger than the space between the seat rails by just a bit. The depth would have it sticking out in to the foot area of the passengers a couple inches (on a 2 door).. and the height might be tight. I don't have the rear ac vents on my non-sas badlands w/mid package, but there is another hump down there taking up space.
I too would like to see pictures of one installed under the seat.

Guess I could put it in the cargo area too, but I really don't want to reduce cargo space.
people that did it put washers/spacers to raise the seat up. the hideaway is small enough to put in the back imo. gonna try next weekend; i've seen a few people just mount it to the side of the trunk with two screws, or just leave it laying down.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How’d you get the hideaways under the front seats? I had dismissed that idea based on many others indicating it wasn’t feasible.
I used spacers and threaded rod ....I raised the seats just over 1"...heres pics. This is a 2 Dr mod...more dores need the heater duck removed or rerouted....a much bigger job on the moredoor.

PXL_20220530_021927968.jpg

PXL_20220530_030131471.jpg

PXL_20220530_030100326.jpg

PXL_20220530_030110823.jpg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

🤔 Hmm…i also dismissed this idea based on the same reasons! I would like to see a photo of this particular component of the build! If it’s feasible then that’s the route i’d rather take!
Easy on a 2 dr

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like a good system.

Since you amplified the kick speakers, did you have to add anything like the Zen interface to mitigate the B&O DSP?
No, I just used the kick speaker as inputs to the new soundstream amp ... I tried the amps built- in hi and lo pass crossovers, but like the way it sound better in full range position. I assume this is because the B&O system is already sending a (relatively) low pass signal to these.
They speakers are made for 300hz and lower but definitely respond to higher tones than that

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Question regarding speaker upgrades from the factory B&O system...
I read that the speakers that come with the B&O from factory are weather-treated to withstand the elements of off roading/topless driving.
So my question is, when upgrading, should I take into consideration the weather ratings for speakers and associated components? Back in my hey days, most speaker cones were made with paper like fibers and I doubt any of those were waterproof.

Sponsored

MTmeterguy

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally have all drivers ready, now I just need to decide on amplifier......oh and get my Bronco 🤣

Will be going with Stereo Integrity BM MK III sub, Hertz 6.5 mid bass and Stereo Integrity M3 carbon up top.

Attachments

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question regarding speaker upgrades from the factory B&O system...
I read that the speakers that come with the B&O from factory are weather-treated to withstand the elements of off roading/topless driving.
So my question is, when upgrading, should I take into consideration the weather ratings for speakers and associated components? Back in my hey days, most speaker cones were made with paper like fibers and I doubt any of those were waterproof.
I wouldn’t sweat it. All of the B&O speakers have paper cones. They may be “treated” with wax or something. You could always get boat speakers but if you’re going to expose the interior to that many elements you will have bigger problems elsewhere.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see a couple of y’all spent some $$ on your systems. Sheesh! LOL. I love em all! I took a cheaper route and went with a Skar bundle. Spent around $500-600 for everything.

Ford Bronco 'Ultimate Stereo Upgrade' Thread PXL_20220530_030110823

I just replaced all 6 of my speakers with Skar. I'm impressed so far, just under $98. And one day I plan to add my sub and amp, just have to get around to it. But for now, I'm happy with the change.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used spacers and threaded rod ....I raised the seats just over 1"...heres pics. This is a 2 Dr mod...more dores need the heater duck removed or rerouted....a much bigger job on the moredoor.

Do you have one under each seat?