35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've recently put focal slatefiber components up front of my 23 4 door. I have 6.5 slatefibers in the mabett pods and a single 8 jl audio w1. It's running off an audiocontrol ACX-650.5

It puts out this high pitch whine/tone that is absolutely deafening. I had a shop install it and it only came on a few weeks after install. It started very occasionally at higher speeds but now it's any time you turn on the car it makes this awful tone.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What other “electrical” mods have you added to your Bronco after the stereo mod and just before the noise started?

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a pillar lights and fogs on aux. 6.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change with rpm?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All speaker or one? Flip flop input. Problem stay in same speaker? Problem is not from the radio. If it moved to another channel problem is before amp. Flip inputs back. If no change. Now flip flop speaker wires at amp. Problem stay in same speaker? It’s after the amp. If it moved, it’s in the amp. Get the picture? Still other possibilities.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My guess would be bad ground on the amp, or it's grounded too close/along with something else it shouldn't be.

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
All speaker or one? Flip flop input. Problem stay in same speaker? Problem is not from the radio. If it moved to another channel problem is before amp. Flip inputs back. If no change. Now flip flop speaker wires at amp. Problem stay in same speaker? It’s after the amp. If it moved, it’s in the amp. Get the picture? Still other possibilities.
It seems to be both front speakers where the component set is.

It does get louder with higher speed but very minimal - at 80 it's INSANE. It happens at 5mph just the same but less frequently/can stop for a minute or two at times.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems to be both front speakers where the component set is.

It does get louder with higher speed but very minimal - at 80 it's INSANE. It happens at 5mph just the same but less frequently/can stop for a minute or two at times.
Did you install load resistors? They are needed for the amp you have.

Sponsored
OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you install load resistors? They are needed for the amp you have.
I'm not sure. I didn't install myself. I have had heard similar on a friend's car when they had a huge system and the alternator started to go or something, but this forum has so many intelligent people with such a wide array of knowledge I wanted to ask around.

'm just trying to get my head around what's happening and I don't think I'll use that installer in the future. I plan on doing the 12 inch screen upgrade soon, but they missed the mark big time here.

It makes the car impossible to drive. It's like an instant migraine. I have ran into some wild hiccups building this thing but that was the craziest.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not sure. I didn't install myself. I have had heard similar on a friend's car when they had a huge system and the alternator started to go or something, but this forum has so many intelligent people with such a wide array of knowledge I wanted to ask around.

'm just trying to get my head around what's happening and I don't think I'll use that installer in the future. I plan on doing the 12 inch screen upgrade soon, but they missed the mark big time here.

It makes the car impossible to drive. It's like an instant migraine. I have ran into some wild hiccups building this thing but that was the craziest.
Where is the amp @....If you can see it you could look for the load resistors on the high level input. here is a link for pic...AC-LGD - AudioControl
Yours should be the green 20ohm ones

OP
OP
35tires

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is the amp @....If you can see it you could look for the load resistors on the high level input. here is a link for pic...AC-LGD - AudioControl
Yours should be the green 20ohm ones

Amp is under the back driver side panel in the cargo bay. It's totally hidden and takes a while to get to. I had 2 break ins so far, I didn't want to risk having something out in the open.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Amp is under the back driver side panel in the cargo bay. It's totally hidden and takes a while to get to. I had 2 break ins so far, I didn't want to risk having something out in the open.
I understand. You could damage the amp if you do not have the resistors so have another shop look for you?