Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Lots of people here have helped lots of folks and I hoping t benefit again from the handy folks we have here.

Looking for advice / opinions regarding an issue we have with our garage that will house Booger (Bronco's name.) We have an old house and this part of the garage was a storage area, as you can tell from the elevated slab on the left hand side. Not sure if we will pull in forward of back in yet but want to make sure the approach can be solved. We are not in a position to pour a new driveway for a half a decade but need a solution so we don't end up at the body shop.

My first thought is to get a parking stop or two (Not stacked) in front of the elevated area and anchor it or them down to help the approach angle.

Look forward to hearing from y'all.

sniffHound

P.S. The last pic is a sniffHound sun tanning,
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0074.JPG
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0075.JPG
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0076.JPG
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0077.JPG
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0078.JPG
Ford Bronco Storing Bronco in garage question IMG_0073.JPG
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
No advice to give, but I currently have no garage space for our Bronco (which we will be picking up one day this week.) That means that most likely it'll be parked out in the yard all winter. šŸ˜ž

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure of your question but if it is, "will the bronco drive into that garage bay?" then the answer is yes.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Grab 5-8 bags of cement from the hardware. Make a form for the left side. Mix it thick and pour yourself a ramp. Should be under $100. Or looks like you already have a ramp on the other side out of cold patch for ashphalt a few bags of that would work too. But it cold patch will move on you over time. Cement wonā€™t. You donā€™t need any special skills. Once it sets itā€™ll be there for years. Function over form at this point.
Remember:
Red Green ā€” 'If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Lots of people here have helped lots of folks and I hoping t benefit again from the handy folks we have here.

Looking for advice / opinions regarding an issue we have with our garage that will house Booger (Bronco's name.) We have an old house and this part of the garage was a storage area, as you can tell from the elevated slab on the left hand side. Not sure if we will pull in forward of back in yet but want to make sure the approach can be solved. We are not in a position to pour a new driveway for a half a decade but need a solution so we don't end up at the body shop.

My first thought is to get a parking stop or two (Not stacked) in front of the elevated area and anchor it or them down to help the approach angle.

sniffHound

2x4ā€™s, quick Crete , and a wheelbarrow. Shouldnā€™t take more than a Saturday

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you pour concrete on top of existing concrete and try tapering it will not last long. The edges will bust then It will break off in chunks from the rolling load over it. Best bet is to stack pressure treated dimensional lumber, deck screw each piece to the one below, stagger them, and work your way to a taper. Once you have the general shape youā€™re looking for, belt sand the edges down a bit to smooth out the transition. Then, with the whole assembly complete, in the thickest part, drill and countersink a couple expansion anchors into the concrete below to keep the whole thing from moving on you.

Reactions: MJJ

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone,

sniffHound

My garage is tight, 1/2" (H) clearance from the door. Had to shuffle crap around. For me .... vehicles go in the garage.

If you have the clearance to make it in the garage with that step, do it... Pick up 2 bags of quikqrete and pour a ramp. Easy stuff!!! Or just drive it in but after a beverage OR.... a ramp would make your life a bit more enjoyable vs modulating the throttle to get in. IMO....

Good luck

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone,

sniffHound

Well, the Bronco won't have a hard time getting up into the garage. Just might be an inconvenience for you. I'd get some quikrete. Won't look Profesional but it works!

Sponsored

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you do go the quikrete route, youā€™ll need way more than 2, 5, or 8 bags like others are saying. Youā€˜ll need likely 20+ bagsā€¦ an 80 lb bag only does like 2/3 of a cubic foot.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs