QCBroncodad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone, I have a bronco badlands with about 500 miles on it and I notice that sometimes there’s a smell that comes through the vent (burning rubber almost) but more concerning is the noise looking for your thoughts and if I should be concerned or normal break in noise

Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That kind of does sound like something vibrating or something. I wouldn't say it's normal, but I also wouldn't say it's a concern.

Ford states at the first thousand miles things can behave strangely, but I don't think that is what they were talking about.

Maybe you can isolate the noise a bit to get it narrowed down. Mechanics stethoscope (or a big screwdriver).

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi everyone, I have a bronco badlands with about 500 miles on it and I notice that sometimes there’s a smell that comes through the vent (burning rubber almost) but more concerning is the noise looking for your thoughts and if I should be concerned or normal break in noise

Good morning, if you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concern on my end.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 day old Black Diamond……..I smelled burning…..almost like mild firewood burning smell. It would occur on startup when it was warming up……after the 3rd day of it I opened the hood and realized that the dipstick was not snapped into place and oil was everywhere. I took delivery of vehicle this way. This was the first time that I opened the hood. Raised bell at the dealer but they didn’t seem to care.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check all the connections if they are tight and Screw type clamps.. sounds like it’s sucking air

Sponsored
OP
OP

QCBroncodad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check all the connections if they are tight and Screw type clamps.. sounds like it’s sucking air
I checked everything I could and it seems right so far was not able to isolate where it came from but also don’t want to take it to the dealer … I don’t trust that they won’t break something.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I checked everything I could and it seems right so far was not able to isolate where it came from but also don’t want to take it to the dealer … I don’t trust that they won’t break something.
Might be the evap recirculating solenoid. It usually makes a weird noise at idle either ticking or suction noises. My f150 2.7 made noise and the bronco 2.3 makes the ticking noise.

OP
OP

QCBroncodad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might be the evap recirculating solenoid. It usually makes a weird noise at idle either ticking or suction noises. My f150 2.7 made noise and the bronco 2.3 makes the ticking noise.
would have to compare to another bronco to find out if normal or I need to keep digging

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine sounds like that until it's warmed up for a couple minutes. No burning smell though.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a weird ticking noise for the first like 3000 miles. Feel it finally went away when I changed my oil for the first time

Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check to see if anything is rubbing.

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do you know what it was/is?

Last edited:
OP
OP

QCBroncodad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had Ford tech take a look and they said it was normal break in noise and it went away after a while

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had Ford tech take a look and they said it was normal break in noise and it went away after a while
Mine was making a similar noise. Brand new car and I took it to ford and the service director said let’s take a walk and we walked to his car and it was making the same noise.

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noise is not normal, take it in to the dealer