First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I look at it as the break in practices can't hurt and do as I've always done. Don't think a long road trip will be an issue just vary the throttle often as to not stay in one rpm. 4,000 rpm was what I've stayed under for first 1000 miles.
oil change 1K? I'm thinking I will, but haven't decided. Thanks for the insight.
Sponsored

EGBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oil change 1K? I'm thinking I will, but haven't decided. Thanks for the insight.
I'm considering doing so, we got the service plan because after adding it all up I couldn't do it for less and that's with my labor. Going to use the first oil change free on 1000 miles and let service plan pickup from there.

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The highway speed thing is because you're also breaking in every bearing in your drivetrain, you're just trying to avoid excessive, prolonged heat. I know people have a lot of opinions about oil, intervals, and all that. I basically follow the manual unless somebody shows me Blackstone reports to the contrary. And, sometimes they do in the forums. But I haven't seen any oil reports that contradict the owners manual on the 2.7L. And, I'm 100% going to let the 4x4 drivetrain break in before pushing it. That all said, I would rather drive my new car home a 1000 miles than have it ferried or transported by a non-Ford carrier.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs