Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just brought my ‘24 BD home yesterday.
Looking at bumpers, especially stubby winch bumpers compatible with factory bash plates. Lets see what y’all have!
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just brought my ‘24 BD home yesterday.
Looking at bumpers, especially stubby winch bumpers compatible with factory bash plates. Lets see what y’all have!
Did you get the modular bumper? If so, remove the end caps. It might be sufficient to provide the slim, high and tight fit that you are looking for.

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you get the modular bumper? If so, remove the end caps. It might be sufficient to provide the slim, high and tight fit that you are looking for.
Thanks, and thought about buying one. I have the capable bumper and looking to add a winch later. I prefer the fabricated look more than stamped. But seeing all the options on actual Broncos helps. A list of vendors who make them would be handy. There are obviously dozens.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, and thought about buying one. I have the capable bumper and looking to add a winch later. I prefer the fabricated look more than stamped. But seeing all the options on actual Broncos helps. A list of vendors who make them would be handy. There are obviously dozens.
There is a post on here somewhere with a spreadsheet someone made of available bumpers

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fab Fours on my Badlands with a Smittybilt winch;

Ford Bronco Stubby front bumpers.  Let’s see ‘em! 1707761582294

Ford Bronco Stubby front bumpers.  Let’s see ‘em! 1707761617577

Ford Bronco Stubby front bumpers.  Let’s see ‘em! 1707761639856

These pictures are with the factory Bash Plate, though I have since upgraded to the Fab Fours matching skid plate, bashed up the factory skid plate pretty early on, but nothing to do with this bumper..

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fab Fours on my Badlands with a Smittybilt winch;

These pictures are with the factory Bash Plate, though I have since upgraded to the Fab Fours matching skid plate, bashed up the factory skid plate pretty early on, but nothing to do with this bumper..
I actually ordered that exact bumper last night. Do the tow hooks seem welded in sturdy enough for a towbar connection? I have the adapters on my Blue ox tow bar. We flat towed our Jeep, soon the Bronco.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually ordered that exact bumper last night. Do the tow hooks seem welded in sturdy enough for a towbar connection? I have the adapters on my Blue ox tow bar. We flat towed our Jeep, soon the Bronco.
They are pretty sturdy, And I think I'd be pretty comfortable using them as a flat tow point, But they are still dependent on the frame horn mount, which is a weak point even if you were using the Blue Ox base plate...

So I'd consider adding a set of these, or a similar re-enforcement, regardless of what bumper you choose;

https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are pretty sturdy, And I think I'd be pretty comfortable using them as a flat tow point, But they are still dependent on the frame horn mount, which is a weak point even if you were using the Blue Ox base plate...

So I'd consider adding a set of these, or a similar re-enforcement, regardless of what bumper you choose;

https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets

I have the modular bumper and added the Rough Country high mount winch bracket which bolts to the horn ends - I’m betting those reinforcement clips would be a good thing to add for me as well?

If you should have them for towing it’s probably even more vulnerable while winching, and the high mount offset will add torque to that joint.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the modular bumper and added the Rough Country high mount winch bracket which bolts to the horn ends - I’m betting those reinforcement clips would be a good thing to add for me as well?

If you should have them for towing it’s probably even more vulnerable while winching, and the high mount offset will add torque to that joint.
Yup, the high mount winches are exactly where the weakness was first discovered, and you're right the added leverage of those is what caused the first failures (first one I saw was with the Ford mount, but same leverage principle), so I definitely recommend a reinforcement of some sort to the horns in any case where they'll be loaded beyond normal loads.

OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m so glad you posted that link. I was going to look at welding gussets in there while I have the bumper off. It looked weak to me from watching bumper inst videos. A 40,000# motorhome can put tremendous strain on a towbar mount in some situations. I’m actually building an A-frame towbar because I don’t really trust the fold up style motorhome towbars. I’m a welder by trade.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so glad you posted that link. I was going to look at welding gussets in there while I have the bumper off. It looked weak to me from watching bumper inst videos. A 40,000# motorhome can put tremendous strain on a towbar mount in some situations. I’m actually building an A-frame towbar because I don’t really trust the fold up style motorhome towbars. I’m a welder by trade.
Yup, I know exactly what you mean, I tow a trailer behind my DP, but that's because I have 4 different toads, and rigging them all to flat tow just wasn't practical.

Since you can build the the tow bar specifically for your Bronco, and don't need any flexibility in the width of the tow points, I think a ridged a-frame tow bar is an excellent idea.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've been around for a few months, so you might've seen it, but make sure and check out the threads on flat towing Broncos. tl;dr You wanna get it right.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs