First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't mind. Fact is, I way overpaid. But, I knew he was overcharging me to begin with so I can't complain. I live in a small town and he's a one man shop but does quality work, so I don't mind giving him a job on occasion. You can buy the sub for $$279 on Amazon, he charged me $399 and $180 install. When I changed out the dash and rear speakers, I did it myself because I figured there's a limit to my generosity. The 3d printed bracket I made is doing a great job holding it snug to the sidewall.
Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't mind. Fact is, I way overpaid. But, I knew he was overcharging me to begin with so I can't complain. I live in a small town and he's a one man shop but does quality work, so I don't mind giving him a job on occasion. You can buy the sub for $$279 on Amazon, he charged me $399 and $180 install. When I changed out the dash and rear speakers, I did it myself because I figured there's a limit to my generosity. The 3d printed bracket I made is doing a great job holding it snug to the sidewall.
Do you have a pick of how it’s attached to the bracket and wall? Thanks

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The bracket is attached to the sub with strong double sided tape. We'll see how long that holds, it may require a couple screws. You position the sub against the side wall and just slide it down so that the bracket is using the storage bin to hold. I lined the bracket with some foam so it wouldn't scratch or rattle. It really works well!
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3290.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3292.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sub Installed today IMG_3293.JPEG

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The bracket is attached to the sub with strong double sided tape. We'll see how long that holds, it may require a couple screws. You position the sub against the side wall and just slide it down so that the bracket is using the storage bin to hold. I lined the bracket with some foam so it wouldn't scratch or rattle. It really works well!
well done! you should sell those brackets!!

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think I would do too well. You're the only one that seems to appreciate them! :)

Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think I would do too well. You're the only one that seems to appreciate them! :)
I don't know what it takes to make one with your printer but I'd be interested in buying one. Going to test it out on my install if you can. If not, I'm going to head to HD and see what I can gin up. I like the concept a lot!

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what it takes to make one with your printer but I'd be interested in buying one. Going to test it out on my install if you can. If not, I'm going to head to HD and see what I can gin up. I like the concept a lot!
I can make you one. I did a little tweak where I rounded a couple edges. I'm also painting the horse and the letters white on mine. Make me an offer.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can make you one. I did a little tweak where I rounded a couple edges. I'm also painting the horse and the letters white on mine. Make me an offer.
Geez just send him one, after all he a Red Sox fan. Gotta feel a bit sorry for him......... unless your a Yankee's fan.

Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, at this point, we are all World Series bound!!

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
where is an easily accessible ground in cargo area or under rear seat(s)? (4dr)?

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

where is an easily accessible ground in cargo area or under rear seat(s)? (4dr)?
I don't know much about electronics, but I ground mine to the nut of the cargo hook...? Also wondering where I should have

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know much about electronics, but I ground mine to the nut of the cargo hook...? Also wondering where I should have
f
Thanks that's where I have mine grounded. I initially had some issues (speakers popping when vehicle was off), I called kicker and they suggested it was an issue with my grounding points. and advised to move my front ground location from under hood to kick panel. It did not fix issue so then I went back to my cargo hook location and sanded all around where the connection met the frame. On my other thread someone suggested to press the "radio detect" button on my key 200, and that seemed to fix the issue!!! I'm still grounded on one of those cargo hooks, no issue.