First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The panel was $650 and enclosure was $265 + shipping, shipping for me was only $38 for both but I think that’s because I’m only an hour away

2 door
I thought about going this route but i’m now leaning in this direction:
SRQ Customs —
I prefer a MDF enclosure for subwoofer installations and that plate isn’t bad looking.
you can choose between the square or the round 8” Kicker cutout
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1666499779316

Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1666499688780
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SRQ Customs —
I prefer a MDF enclosure for subwoofer installations and that plate isn’t bad looking.

This is really cool. The Bronco grille is a nice touch, though i wish they could have found a better way to blend it with that rear panel line.

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I apologize if this is already been asked because this is a pretty long thread. If I wanted to do just the speakers like you did, are the speakers just plug and play on the base bronco?. If you don’t mind me asking where did you get your speakers and what did they cost?. I’d like to upgrade to sound but not to your level. Thank you

TOOR'S BRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
KAMAL TOOR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SRQ Customs —

FROM WHERE DIDU GET INPUT TO AMPLIFIER FOR SUBWOOFER ?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is everyone mounting the remote bass volume knob for the Kicker 500?
I thought of a few places:
1) Under the ignition button
2) Next to the window and side mirror switches.
3) On the removable panel above the phone charger cubby.

Benefits and drawbacks to all of these so thought I'd see what others did.

I tested the 500.1 with the CompRT after installing the KK 200.4 and this sound system is outstanding for a thousand bucks all in.

Sponsored

Doubleajaybrock

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SRQ Customs —
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1674146725577

Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1674146725577
Has anyone tried this setup?

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what I used for the white ones.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJLB446/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Don't use these white ones! Once they are clipped in you cannot get them out without breaking the panel. I need the detachable white clips. Need that Part #
And the Green ones.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW25CGD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for the avoidance of doubt: are you saying DON'T use the ones you posted above? trying to find the white clips and need the part number or an equivalent if someone has, please - and thank you!

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for the avoidance of doubt: are you saying DON'T use the ones you posted above? trying to find the white clips and need the part number or an equivalent if someone has, please - and thank you!
Use this one for the white clips.
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1699280403967
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 1699280419412

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Use this one for the white clips.
thank you!

final question: did you get those direct from a stealership? i tried to find online, but they seem to be sold individually...

Sponsored

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thank you!

final question: did you get those direct from a stealership? i tried to find online, but they seem to be sold individually...
Ordered from the dealer.

bucobadlands

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'm about 85-90% done-I just need to fab up the screen for the opening and reinstall the panel. I also need to run Audio test for the Key 500 also

Here is where I stand:

I winded up mounting the Key500 vertically so I wouldn't run into any space issues. You need to remove a harness clip, but that is about it outside of drilling pilot holes.

OMFG this set up is freaking obnoxious! I freaking love it! I still need to play with the audio levels, but it puts out a perfect amount of base and it seems like it woke up my kick panel bass too, but I'm not sure why, outside of the harness being completely plugged in the rear amp.
I like how you did not make any extra holes in the sub housing mounting the Key like others. This might be the way I will go as well. This is exactly what I was thinking when replacing my B&O Sub. Did you do anything else to connect the Key500 or was it basically plug and play? What Kicker speaker did you purchase and did you make a mods to the housing? Much appreciate your response.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like how you did not make any extra holes in the sub housing mounting the Key like others. This might be the way I will go as well. This is exactly what I was thinking when replacing my B&O Sub. Did you do anything else to connect the Key500 or was it basically plug and play? What Kicker speaker did you purchase and did you make a mods to the housing? Much appreciate your response.
Only mod I made to the housing was removing the bump near where the speaker opening is. I forget which speaker I got-I think it was an 8 in sub. Otherwise everthing else was plug and play

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This thread (and many of the others) has been super helpful. I don't think I want to go the amp route just yet - planning on just doing full speaker upgrade and some kilmat and polyfill. then I'll reassess. Plan is to go with the Kicker Comp shallow mount sub and then Infinity Reference 4" across the front, and 6" coax in the kick panels. I'll take a chance on the Infinity 4" in the rear before I decide to spend the extra money on the MTI enclosures. I'm a big fan of Infinity speakers for the longest time and I love the high efficiency rating they have as well. Gonna take a little break from upgrades given the holidays etc. Come spring though, I'll be taking apart panels and installing speakers for sure.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First off I want to thank everyone on bronco6g for all the guidance. All the threads and posts helped a lot with this install from suggestions on what speakers to use to how to pop the panels off every little bit helped.

This install was full of trial and error, and trust me there was a LOT of error. I decided to make a write up to help people so they can learn from my mistakes.

I knew before I even took delivery of my basesquatch that I was going to upgrade the audio. I took a LOT of time reading through all the threads here before I decided on anything. Eventually I decided to take somewhat of a different route that I’m sure others will try but haven’t yet.

I did upgrade all the 4” speakers to kicker KS series. I was between these and the infinity reference. I had the infinity in my jeep and liked them but the highs were a bit too much sometimes. I’m glad I chose the kickers as the highs are nice but softer as well. I did put boom mat and poly fill in all of the 4” speaker locations. It definitely seems to keep the speakers from sounding hollow and keeps the sound directed outward. I was very happy with the sound all said and done.

Now I knew I wanted to add some sort of subwoofer as well, but also didn’t want to lose cargo space. At first I thought I’ll just get a powered sub I can shove under the seat. Well there’s really no room for that in the two door. Then I thought maybe I can fit one behind the rear panel where the factory B&O sub would be. Maybe I could even build a custom box and put my own sub amp combo i wanted. When I tore into it I was thinking ya a powered sub would probably fit back here no problem. After reading some reviews I wasn’t sure the powered sub would give me the sound I was hoping for. So back to building my own box….but after taking measurements I realized I didn’t want to spend weeks trying to fab up a box to fit perfectly.

Im usually a do it right the first time kind of guy and I didn’t want to have any regrets about the whole thing, so after seeing a few threads about the B&O sub I decided I was going to buy the enclosure that is actually made for the bronco. I went to my dealer and ordered one as I was picking up some accessories I had ordered previously. I was kind of shocked at the price ($325) but I was all in at this point lol. It came in a week later and if anyone is wondering it does come with the factory B&O sub.

For my sub and amp combo I went with the kicker compRT 8” shallow mount paired with the key 500.1. Everything was coming together…or so I thought. My sub wouldn’t fit in the factory enclosure. Kind of a bummer but I figured I could make it work somehow. I did end up cutting a small bump out off of the enclosure to get the sub to fit. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel and shaved off the very top layer so I could reinstall it after I cut the rest of it off. I used some JB weld plastic epoxy to attach the slim piece I cut off so it would be flush with the rest of the box. You can see kind of what I’m talking about in the pictures. After the modification the sub fit great.

I mounted the kicker key in the same spot as the factory amp. Obviously the holes didn’t line up for mounting so I made a mount for the amp out of HDPE board. Then mounted that to the sub enclosure using the factory holes. I did make a mistake with the amp mount Multiple times. I put it up too high and away from the sub so It was hitting the panel on the corner of the amp. I tried moving it down and closer to the sub, but it was STILL rubbing on the panel. Finally I decided to mount it at about a 45 degree angle. That proved to be the answer. This definitely took some time as I had to re-fab the Amp mount every time. You can see in the pictures the different ways I mounted it. The Key is pretty small but if you could find something smaller it might benefit you if you do a similar install.

The only issue I may have is if I ever have to adjust any settings I’ll have to take the panel off again. I plan on getting everything set where I like it so I won’t have to do that down the road. I do have the bass control knob up front so that should really be the only adjustment I’ll need.

Now as most of you know the interior panel without Lux has a cubby hole instead of the speaker grill and will have to be removed if you decide to add the factory enclosure. It was fairly easy when I figured it out but I did make another mistake here. The insert appeared to have the plastic melted “rivets” that I’ve seen in the front grill letters. I thought I could carefully drill them out with a drill bit. I found out quickly that didn’t work and did make a hole in the panel. What did work was my dremel with a plastic cut off wheel. It neatly fit underneath the lip (see pictures) and I was able to remove the cubby easily after that.

I’m still in the process of fabbing up a speaker grill. I have some expanded metal that I bent up at work and I’ll plasti dip it black and it should look pretty close to factory.

I’m very satisfied with the way the sub sounds. With the new speakers it really rounds out the low end which the bronco really needed. I still have a little adjusting to do with the key algorithm which I’m still learning about but I was still very impressed with the initial sound. For an 8” sub it has plenty of punch.

Anyway I hope this will help anyone with the same idea I had for adding a sub that doesn’t take up precious cargo room. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

EDIT:
Still on this project believe it or not 😂, but wanted to share some info as I’m closing in on completion. After test fitting the panel about 20 times now I’m almost rattle free. It’s a tough task as the panel is basically right on the sub enclosure.

I didn’t realize it but the lower lip of the cubby hole will also need to be cut out(see photos) as sub travel definitely hits the plastic making a terrible rattle. After I did that I decided to make a ring out of some left over hdpe board and added some foam on the outside of that as well to allow the speaker to travel freely. Worked out great. Some of my process didn’t get pictures so i apologize.

my remaining rattles I’ve determined are coming from the plastic clips that hold the panel on. Any light pressure stops any noise coming from the panel. My plan is to change the clips and I think I’ll wrap the round part that contacts the panel in some cloth tape. I think this will take care of my issues. Really the rattles only happen when I turn the sub all the way up which I’ll rarely do but I don’t want any rattles. It will drive me nuts haha.

my home made speaker grill I think turned out Nicely as well. Gives it a finished look that appears factory. It’s just some expanded metal that I bent up at my shop and I hit it with a few coats of plasti dip. Youll see it in the picture and don’t mind the green tape. I was just marking where the panel clips are.

UPDATE:
Well I ended up going all the way with my audio upgrade. Installed the kicker 200.4 from plug n play with new Memphis audio MJP6’s for the kick panels and Wow….I thought I was happy with the way it sounded with just the 4” kicker speakers and the sub. This was a game changer when it comes to the sound. Really brought the new speakers to life and centers the sound stage perfectly. The sound is amazing now!
just a note if anyone plans to install the kicker key 200.4 make sure you tap your high level inputs BEFORE the new kicker key 4 channel. I had them still tied into the kick panel wires and my sub sounded terrible. Best way to describe it was it sounded sloppy especially when turning the volume up higher. The amplified signal that was being sent was determined to be the cause of the issue. So tapping before the 4 channel is necessary and also per recommendation from PNP a resistor was also installed for the sub speaker input. Basically tells the factory head unit to keep sending signal to the speakers.
Im extremely happy with how everything sounds now if you’re debating going all the way do it. Definitely worth the money. I’m in over 2k now but damn it sounds good so no regrets😂.
Also thanks to some sticker fab leftovers I came up with a clever way to hide the hole I made in the rear panel.
good luck to anyone else taking this route if you need anything feel free to ask. Thanks!

I'm on my second draft of mounting sub to B+O box.

Can you remember what your overall square dimensions were for square mounting bracket to sub box (sans the cutouts)? I can't see the fourth mounting bolt, it looks like you're covering it, or did you use all four? Love your set up, wiring config and all......
Sponsored