First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so everyone knows that Ford deleted Subwoofers from the 6 speaker audio system and credited $250. Why did they put dummy speaker and amp in the hole? Wouldnt it be cheaper to leave it empty? The dummies cost something. Weird. I put a Kicker 8 inch and amp in the hole. It was hard working with that $250 budget.
Ford Bronco Sub Woofer Delete 1687014524136

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg
Sponsored

FuzzyBlues

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps the government crash tests either had the sub with speaker and amp or no sub at all and therefore the tests may not be valid for a partial install? I think someone mentioned this before as a possibility and it's pure speculation but... maybe? It could make sense if they have to spec the test based on components installed and retesting for the sub-delete would need a new certification process.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's just as bad as the folks that install fake "air intake" vents on the side of their Bronco :ROFLMAO:

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok so everyone knows that Ford deleted Subwoofers from the 6 speaker audio system and credited $250. Why did they put dummy speaker and amp in the hole? Wouldnt it be cheaper to leave it empty? The dummies cost something. Weird. I put a Kicker 8 inch and amp in the hole. It was hard working with that $250 budget.
Ford Bronco Sub Woofer Delete IMG_1895

try mti tail gat sub kit
youll be happy
i went with 10" pro comp kicker instead of 12" got more thump then woosh lol

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is the wiring etc all still there? Is it just pretty much plug and play to put in a sub and amp? I just got my wildtrack, and know pretty much nothing about car audio, but was womdering if that would be an easy upgrade.

Sponsored

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a 2003 with the sub delete, It's about as easy as it gets. Removing the side panel is probably the hardest part, cause once that's done it's undo 4 bolts and disconnect a harness to remove the enclosure, swap the speaker, swap the amp, (optionally, block the port), reinstall the enclosure, hook up the harness, reinstall the panel. No cutting or splicing required (except the speaker terminal wiring I guess, which is just cutting off the spades and stripping the wires about 1/2")

Takes about 20 minutes if you're comfortable with everything, could take maybe an hour if you're not familiar with everything.

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the quick reply! Any idea what size speaker I need or an amp that fits?

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I did forget a critical step :( You have to change a setting using Forscan to activate the sub output because I was focused on the physical steps.

Check out this post for more detailed steps: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nd-functional-amps-removed.61106/post-1840658

That thread refers to using a 2 ohm sub, however further on the consensus is that the 4 ohm works better so the actual sub you will want (any 6.75 should fit, but this one is a known drop in): https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20648CT674/Kicker-48CWRT674.html

And the Fusion amp: https://teamequip.com/fomoco-fp5t-1...ystem-amplifier-for-ford-fusion-fp5t18c808ab/ (new)

Last edited:

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so everyone knows that Ford deleted Subwoofers from the 6 speaker audio system and credited $250. Why did they put dummy speaker and amp in the hole? Wouldnt it be cheaper to leave it empty?
I think Ford put in the dummy module as a space keeper to keep the assembly line running smoothly without any change that part of the Bronco assembly process. If they didn't have the dummy modules, they'd have to rewrite/reprogram that part of the production line to skip adding the module. That's why the trim panel still has a speaker grill. That's also why the wiring harness wasn't changed. A different trim panel or harness would have required changes that would have rippled through the supply system. Ford basically took the easy way out.

It also makes it easier or them to start including the subwoofer once the parts are available again without having to make any changes to the assembly line.

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs