First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I have discovered some interesting changes between MY2023 BL and the 2024 BL. For reference, they are both Lux pkg, stretch (4dr). The '23 blend was 5/23/23 and the blend for the '24 was 4/9/24.

1st - window flap.
The new '24 significantly improved the response time for the window drop. On the 2023, the window drop didn't happen until after the lever pull disengaged the door latch. At that point, the window would drop but by then I'm pulling the door open so = widow flap. @RagnarKon has a good video tip on how to open the door but hold it closed for a second to avoid flap.

Now, 2024, the window drop happens as soon as you begin pulling the door lever, before the door latch even begins to disengage. As soon as I begin pulling the lever the window drop happens. By the time I have the door latch disengaged and open the door the window is out of the way. If I pull it really quickly, in a hurry, the window will still catch the seal/gasket but not nearly as bad. If I'm just normal or a touch lazy opening, no catch.

So it seems they've altered the window drop to happen as soon as you begin pulling the trigger. Curiously, the mid-cycle reprogram fix to drop all the windows when you unlock the fob does not work. Perhaps they feel they've corrected it enough with this change? Don't know.

And to be clear the window does not drop if you pull the door handle but the vehicle is locked. I assume so interlopers can't easily futz a coat hanger through.

I guess time will tell if this solves the problem, but so far it's a big improvement in my opinion over the way my 2023 functioned.

2nd - auto door lock.
My 2023 did not autolock the doors after you began moving. From other threads it appears that is typical.

Now, the 2024 does autolock the doors after you reach a certain speed. Sorry, I can't seem to remember to check the speed when it happens. (It's still brand new and I just realized this is happening). I'll update when I can determine the speed. I know it's not at 5mi or below as that is the speed I usually travel through my drive to the road. It happens after I turn on the road and begin to speed up.

***update autolock initiates above 12mph.

It auto-unlocks the doors when I stop and begin to open the door, instantly, no delay.

I forgot to check the settings to see if this is something you can enable/disable through the screen. I'll do that and update.

3rd - no rocks-to-bronco graphics.
It seems the graphic startup with the tumbling rocks transforming to the bucking bronc on the main screen is gone. It's now just a plain blue screen with silhouetted silver Bronco outline in the center. If you get in and don't start immediately the silver lined Bronco holds but seems to jump straight to functioning screen as soon as you start the vehicle. No fancy pants.

There is still the short graphic startup scene on the dash screen, just no main screen feature event.

There may be more little nuances. I'll update with any I find.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I have discovered some interesting changes between MY2023 BL and the 2024 BL. For reference, they are both Lux pkg, stretch (4dr). The '23 blend was 5/23/23 and the blend for the '24 was 4/9/24.

1st - window flap.
The new '24 significantly improved the response time for the window drop. On the 2023, the window drop didn't happen until after the lever pull disengaged the door latch. At that point, the window would drop but by then I'm pulling the door open so = widow flap. @RagnarKon has a good video tip on how to open the door but hold it closed for a second to avoid flap.

Now, 2024, the window drop happens as soon as you begin pulling the door lever, before the door latch even begins to disengage. As soon as I begin pulling the lever the window drop happens. By the time I have the door latch disengaged and open the door the window is out of the way. If I pull it really quickly, in a hurry, the window will still catch the seal/gasket but not nearly as bad. If I'm just normal or a touch lazy opening, no catch.

So it seems they've altered the window drop to happen as soon as you begin pulling the trigger. Curiously, the mid-cycle reprogram fix to drop all the windows when you unlock the fob does not work. Perhaps they feel they've corrected it enough with this change? Don't know.

And to be clear the window does not drop if you pull the door handle but the vehicle is locked. I assume so interlopers can't easily futz a coat hanger through.

I guess time will tell if this solves the problem, but so far it's a big improvement in my opinion over the way my 2023 functioned.

2nd - auto door lock.
My 2023 did not autolock the doors after you began moving. From other threads it appears that is typical.

Now, the 2024 does autolock the doors after you reach a certain speed. Sorry, I can't seem to remember to check the speed when it happens. (It's still brand new and I just realized this is happening). I'll update when I can determine the speed. I know it's not at 5mi or below as that is the speed I usually travel through my drive to the road. It happens after I turn on the road and begin to speed up.

It auto-unlocks the doors when I stop and begin to open the door, instantly, no delay.

I forgot to check the settings to see if this is something you can enable/disable through the screen. I'll do that and update.

It seems the graphic startup with the tumbling rocks transforming to the bucking bronc on the main screen is gone. It's now just a plain blue screen with silhouetted silver Bronco outline in the center. If you get in and don't start immediately the silver lined Bronco holds but seems to jump straight to functioning screen as soon as you start the vehicle. No fancy pants.

There is still the short graphic startup scene on the dash screen, just no main screen feature event.

There may be more little nuances. I'll update with any I find.
My 2024 2nd week of Jan build has the tumbling rocks to form a horse in the screen when I open the door. I have not noticed if the doors auto lock but I’ll check that.

Tortuga

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems the graphic startup with the tumbling rocks transforming to the bucking bronc on the main screen is gone.
My MY24 blended on 3/18 has the Rocks/Bronco graphic.

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My MY24 blended on 3/18 has the Rocks/Bronco graphic.
Interesting. I don't know why they just stopped. I wonder if there's an update I need or reset or simply do without.
Thanks

Sponsored

Seven16

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Big Bend, ‘20 mustang GT, MT-82
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2/1/24 Blend & I also have the rocks/Bronco graphic

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe the auto lock is a setting in the Bronco that you can turn on/off

Wish I had the window feature though
It is a setting. I have a 23 and the default was no autolock. I can confirm as I changed it to lock on drive.

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a setting. I have a 23 and the default was no autolock. I can confirm as I changed it to lock on drive.
Ok apparently I’m a Luddite. Went through the settings and only found the auto unlock settings options.
thanks, I’ll recheck.

Kinda surprised about the welcome/start-up screen change. It seems very bland now compared to the big rocks to bronco graphics. Seems strange they would just go bland.

But, really happy with the window “flap” improvements. Tried several tests and with most openings I get no flap. Really nice.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My '23 BB 4dr. drops the window an inch or so as soon as I touch the handle with the fob nearby. No fob, no drop.

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sometimes I forget I'm not autolocked sitting in traffic, I remember when seeing crackheads with signs advancing lol 😆

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1: I have window flap (23), AND something is wonky with the roll down on door open, where it sometimes doesn't come down OR goes up late OR ... I don't know. But it ends up wedging the window against the seal instead of into it (not a great description, but I can put my fingers in the gap when this happens if that helps). Took to dealer recently and they couldn't replicate (of course). Also it seems to happen more after they adjusted so-and-so. Between that and the seat belt not retracting and the door hitting it, the driver door is now in my doghouse.

#3: This is a bug, consider lemon laws for you state. lol

OP
OP
Mdozier

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#1: I have window flap (23), AND something is wonky with the roll down on door open, where it sometimes doesn't come down OR goes up late OR ... I don't know. But it ends up wedging the window against the seal instead of into it (not a great description, but I can put my fingers in the gap when this happens if that helps). Took to dealer recently and they couldn't replicate (of course). Also it seems to happen more after they adjusted so-and-so. Between that and the seat belt not retracting and the door hitting it, the driver door is now in my doghouse.

#3: This is a bug, consider lemon laws for you state. lol
Window flap was a real issue with my ‘23. Don’t know if this is “fix” or it just happens to a better build?.

re#3 HA! 😂

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 24 BL has the rocks to bronco screen

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curiously, the mid-cycle reprogram fix to drop all the windows when you unlock the fob does not work.
This works on my 24.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the coolest change for '24 is the ability to buy Sas with Everglade wheels for 3k vs 4k for beadlocks.
Sponsored