TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford: I am disappointed in your decision to not offer the X-Plan during MY 2021. To me, the benefit of the X-Plan was primarily in the “no haggle” price, the $100 document fee, and the fact that dealers could not force VIN etching, Fabric Protection, Wheel Locks etc., and extremely high document fees on me. The secondary benefit was a slight discount from MSRP.

My suggestion is that you offer a Y-Plan for all reservation holders who will take delivery of a Bronco during MY 2021. It is MSRP, plus a $100 document fee, and state mandated taxes, title fees, and license fees. Similar to the X-Plan, dealers cannot force add-ons (see above) on the consumer. It is simple, easy to administer, and most importantly, it will prevent price gouging by dealers.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TellurideBronco

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it was a mistake, especially since Mike Levine confirmed that it will be available. When deliveries begin, some of the dealers will charge ADM, and/or add a bunch of nonsensical stuff that no one wants. That’s when the real fireworks will begin, overwhelming the customer support staff, and Ford Executives.

Taking X plan away is a mistake on Fords part. They gonna lose some sales because of it. I am hopeful Ford dosent screw up more by delaying deliveries too.
Dear Ford, you have a winning product coming out, don’t mess this up!

Johnl702

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Cadenza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, it was a mistake, especially since Mike Levine confirmed that it will be available. When deliveries begin, some of the dealers will charge ADM, and/or add a bunch of nonsensical stuff that no one wants. That’s when the real fireworks will begin, overwhelming the customer support staff, and Ford Executives.
Where did Mike Levine ever confirm x-plan? Ford has done a poor job of rolling this out, but I have never seen a post that guaranteed x-plan. Just bargain with your dealer or find one that will.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking X plan away is a mistake on Fords part. They gonna lose some sales because of it. I am hopeful Ford dosent screw up more by delaying deliveries too.
What if Ford wants/needs to lose some sales, or reservations, since they likely oversold reservations and need to get the numbers back down by people canceling. They should have capped the reservations, and it wouldn't hurt if they were more transparent about this whole launch...

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was an old rumor that Ford was not going to allow ADMs on the Bronco, but at this point who knows.

Deleted member 3063

In 2010 dealers could not order a Raptor unless there was a verified costumer order and warned dealers that such orders must result in a actual title transfer to that costumer.
I used that policy to leverage $2,000 below MSRP with no add ons at a time when everyone wanted a Rap, especially the 6.2L I ordered. There was no AXZ plans available.
I told the dealer the price I was willing to pay and if we couldn't agree I would shop until I found a dealer that would. If I walked the dealer would not get a sale or any profit. They decided to accept a reduced profit to get the sale providing I made a refundable $500 down payment.

Reservation holders have the same bargaining power as proven by some buying from remote dealerships. But have you used this tactic at your local? It's your reservation.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford: I am disappointed in your decision to not offer the X-Plan during MY 2021. To me, the benefit of the X-Plan was primarily in the “no haggle” price, the $100 document fee, and the fact that dealers could not force VIN etching, Fabric Protection, Wheel Locks etc., and extremely high document fees on me. The secondary benefit was a slight discount from MSRP.

My suggestion is that you offer a Y-Plan for all reservation holders who will take delivery of a Bronco during MY 2021. It is MSRP, plus a $100 document fee, and state mandated taxes, title fees, and license fees. Similar to the X-Plan, dealers cannot force add-ons (see above) on the consumer. It is simple, easy to administer, and most importantly, it will prevent price gouging by dealers.

Thanks for listening.
That's not happening. It's not a good deal anyway as a buyer, nothing more than what you should be able to negotiate; but Ford isn't putting a plan into place to sell at MSRP and limit dealers. Dealers decide what plans they will take anyway. I guess maybe they would take it as a sucker deal to make buiyers think they are getting something good, but actually paying MSRP + doc fee of $100.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In 2010 dealers could not order a Raptor unless there was a verified costumer order and warned dealers that such orders must result in a actual title transfer to that costumer.
I used that policy to leverage $2,000 below MSRP with no add ons at a time when everyone wanted a Rap, especially the 6.2L I ordered. There was no AXZ plans available.
I told the dealer the price I was willing to pay and if we couldn't agree I would shop until I found a dealer that would. If I walked the dealer would not get a sale or any profit. They decided to accept a reduced profit to get the sale providing I made a refundable $500 down payment.

Reservation holders have the same bargaining power as proven by some buying from remote dealerships. But have you used this tactic at your local? It's your reservation.
So what prevents them from ADM at time of delivery? What was the penalty? The final payment/paperwork is not finalized until then and if you walk they have a rig for the lot. THis happened a lot with the Corvette C8

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if Ford wants/needs to lose some sales, or reservations, since they likely oversold reservations and need to get the numbers back down by people canceling. They should have capped the reservations, and it wouldn't hurt if they were more transparent about this whole launch...
This exactly. They oversold, want to save some face by not saying they oversold and wanted to thin numbers a little bit while not completely gutting the reservation numbers.
Either way, I think my day 2 reservation looks even more appealing now. ??‍♂

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Expect delays, we are in a post-COVID world. I'm in manufacturing and have seen delays happen at all levels. Plus if you expect it, and somehow it doesn't happen, then you'll be happier.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did Mike Levine ever confirm x-plan? Ford has done a poor job of rolling this out, but I have never seen a post that guaranteed x-plan. Just bargain with your dealer or find one that will.
On his Twitter account.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm trying to find other tweets because I know it was answered more than once by him. I knew I should have screen capped it.

ETA: While the particular one you are talking about does say A/Z he talks about helping someone get X plan and their Bronco in that same tweet. So take what you want from that but to most of us, it implied that X plan was included in A to Z.......but we also thought "by" meant before the end of the month so.....?‍♀

Last edited:

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not trying to give Ford more benefit of the doubt, considering how much they seem to be dropping the ball on this launch, but I wouldn't necessarily place all the blame on Ford for overselling - if that's what it really is. Perhaps they really could fulfill all the orders on time if everything else in the supply chain would/could line up. Ford isn't the only player in the game.
Sponsored