Sponsored

Suggestions for recycling stock plastic bumper?

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I recently upgraded from the stock front plastic bumper on my OBX to a capable bumper that I bought from another B6G member. I would sell it but since these have little to no value in the marketplace, does anyone have suggestions for what to do with the plastic bumper, plastic skid, and tow hooks (intercooler mounts) outside of leaving them in my garage for the rest of my life? I would think someone may want them if they had a fender bender and didnā€™t want to go the insurance route but waiting around for that seems like a long shot.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post it on the Marketplace section of B6G or Facebook Marketplace for free and I bet someone takes it. I'd even list it for super cheap, like $50-$100 and probably get something out of it.

But if you want it gone quick, just list it for "free" and someone will take it.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OR you could have some fun with the sawzall...my "thrifty" brother once cut up an entire washer/dryer so he could gradually dispose of it in the regular garbage, LOL!

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Post it on the Marketplace section of B6G or Facebook Marketplace for free and I bet someone takes it. I'd even list it for super cheap, like $50-$100 and probably get something out of it.

But if you want it gone quick, just list it for "free" and someone will take it.
So true, my neighbors are never interested in paying even a small amount for anything, once you say FREE gone in a heartbeat!!

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I listed mine for 50, 25, 10, and finally for free all over and didnā€™t have a single person ask about it. I cut it in half and put it in the recycling.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Heelabaloo

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OR you could have some fun with the sawzall...my "thrifty" brother once cut up an entire washer/dryer so he could gradually dispose of it in the regular garbage, LOL!
Haha, I did that once with a disgusting old couch my fatherā€˜s friend gave me when I lived in a condo in Florida. The small pieces slid down the garbage chute perfectly šŸ¤£

OP
OP
Heelabaloo

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I listed mine for 50, 25, 10, and finally for free all over and didnā€™t have a single person ask about it. I cut it in half and put it in the recycling.
I assumed as much. I looked a while back and noticed that the ones listed there were not getting any interest.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pull the fogs and stuff out of it with the face plates, and then do the Free for the rest or cut it up.

I've been trying to sell car parts (mostly Jeep) forever and I swear people are just not buying anymore.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go behind a store and throw them in their dumpster. Or better yet just drop them at a local recycling place. Then they're out of your life forever for the cost of a few minutes.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a garage put some 120 volt lights in the bumper and hang it on the wall. Add some decals, or a Bronco license plate. Be creative.
Sponsored