First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me it looks like a matte black plastic top in dust and bright sun, not gray. Those hinges are the same ones on my 2001 Escape, one of the known failure points...but mine did last 17 years before replacement. :)
That tire on the back will just get in my way....when I am loading up stuff from the mall. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read here that the grey molded top might not be removable. If indeed it is, I may come around to that color instead of white (if for whatever reason it's not offered).
My understanding was that was a rumor started because the “Grey Molded Top” in the leaked options list did not explicitly say “removable” next to it.
I think what you have to do is ask yourself what’s more likely:
1. Ford would design two completely different body/top systems for both the 2-door and the 4-door, one that allows multiple removable top options, and one with a permanently affixed top, forcing the buyer to decide what they want ahead of time and potentially limiting accessory sales to those opting for the “permanent” one, or
2. We are jumping to an incorrect conclusion from a likely incomplete leaked options list.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So... at first I was super disappointed that it seems to be a flip-up rear window not a power up and down one. I was firmly planted in the "that's a jeep copy, and not as good as 5th gen bronco rear window camp!" But as i sit, balled up in the rearend of my 1994 bronco, jumping the broken rear window down with a powertool battery, i can honestly say it doesn't really bother me anymore! One more wake up!

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding was that was a rumor started because the “Grey Molded Top” in the leaked options list did not explicitly say “removable” next to it.
I think what you have to do is ask yourself what’s more likely:
1. Ford would design two completely different body/top systems for both the 2-door and the 4-door, one that allows multiple removable top options, and one with a permanently affixed top, forcing the buyer to decide what they want ahead of time and potentially limiting accessory sales to those opting for the “permanent” one, or
2. We are jumping to an incorrect conclusion from a likely incomplete leaked options list.
We'll know soon enough ;)

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder if Desert Gold is one of the color choices that wasn’t identified yet. Going through the SUVs on Ford.com. Seemed to be a common color.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... at first I was super disappointed that it seems to be a flip-up rear window not a power up and down one. I was firmly planted in the "that's a jeep copy, and not as good as 5th gen bronco rear window camp!" But as i sit, balled up in the rearend of my 1994 bronco, jumping the broken rear window down with a powertool battery, i can honestly say it doesn't really bother me anymore! One more wake up!

Right....despite all the technology advances, I'm not certaun ANYBODY ever got the rear retractable window "right" .... they all seem to have durability issues, breaking all the time or otherwise not working properly.
Just on that alone, I'm fine with a hinge .............. JUST LIKE MY CLASSIC 68 & 69 BRONCOs!!!!!

Sponsored

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they took some creative license with the color balance. That could be why the colors are off. Hinges look like they are real indicator, at least on this top, that the rear glass opens that way. Need to see all the top options tomorrow!

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right....despite all the technology advances, I'm not certaun ANYBODY ever got the rear retractable window "right" .... they all seem to have durability issues, breaking all the time or otherwise not working properly.
Just on that alone, I'm fine with a hinge .............. JUST LIKE MY CLASSIC 68 & 69 BRONCOs!!!!!
Agreed!

As a fifth gen Bronco lover, it was easy for me to want a roll down rear window. But Ford is buiding the sixth gen using mainly the first gen as it's muse. The original bronco was the OG ground breaking suv and if a clamshell style rear window was good enough for the OG Bronco, it's definitely good enough for me, and the new Bronco!

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My guess is that the gray top is a removable one piece and the color matching and black tops will have modular pieces that are removable. But I won't know for sure until tomorrow night. Lol

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is that a protective cover on the tail lamps?

Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted 1594574374770
Sponsored