Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my old POS 2004 Jeep Liberty had the same thing. i never had the desire to only open the glass HOWEVER I can’t tell you HOW many times I would close the door with out the glass. Then have to open the door again to shut the window With the door.

it’s a process for sure, but you get use to it.
Did you just admit you owned a Jeep Liberty?

It’s cool... I owned a Chevy Aveo once but I don’t go around telling everyone that...?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love so much of the styling they did on the new bronco, but it seems like they got to this portion and gave up. From this angle, it’s almost indistinguishable from the Jeep, at least to me.

I’m in the wish-it-had-a-power-window-like-the-gen-5 camp.
How else are you supposed to design a box with a wheel on the back?

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We‘re talking about the back piece. Not the smaller front panels.
But if the back can't be stored, then there's no point in the rest of panels being stored. You aren't going to drive around with the passenger panels off, and then keep the rear piece on - it would become a sailboat

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, for everyone that wants the roll down window, how would you propose making that work with soft tops? Or the fastback hardtop (speaking of looking like a jeep) that some people want?
Uh, I don’t know... maybe the same way that Ford is doing every other frameless window on the car? And please, show me a single Jeep that came from factory with a removable fastback hardtop... I can show you plenty of Broncos with them

Looking at the rear end, it looks just like the rest of it to me. A modern take on the ‘66-‘77s (which all had pop up rear windows BTW).
Yeah, and they also had drop down tailgates... guess what this Bronco doesn’t have

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Almost bought a Breezer window for my F-150 until my wife said to stop spending money on that truck and start saving for the Bronco ?

Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted J103155?obj=car&wid=1200&hei=900&sharpen=1
All Tundra Crewmax trucks have this feature standard.

I f'n LOVE it and roll it down all the time. I'll miss it dearly.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How else are you supposed to design a box with a wheel on the back?
well I’m not an auto designer and I didn’t stay at a holiday inn express last night, but like I’ve said before, literally anything other than what looks to me like a direct copy of the jeep.

It’s not like there aren’t loads of distinct looking vehicles out there, and the rest of the new bronco is so well done (from what I’ve seen) that this section is a let-down for me.

once again, I still plan on buying one, and I may change my tune when the whole thing is revealed, but for me personally I don’t like the way the back glass and roofline look.

Maybe that’s the only (or best) way to design it, and if so, give credit to Jeep, cause it looks exactly like it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But if the back can't be stored, then there's no point in the rest of panels being stored. You aren't going to drive around with the passenger panels off, and then keep the rear piece on - it would become a sailboat
So I guess every single vehicle with a sunroof is a sailboat?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

well I’m not an auto designer and I didn’t stay at a holiday inn express last night, but like I’ve said before, literally anything other than what looks to me like a direct copy of the jeep.

It’s not like there aren’t loads of distinct looking vehicles out there, and the rest of the new bronco is so well done (from what I’ve seen) that this section is a let-down for me.

once again, I still plan on buying one, and I may change my tune when the whole thing is revealed, but for me personally I don’t like the way the back glass and roofline look.

Maybe that’s the only (or best) way to design it, and if so, give credit to Jeep, cause it looks exactly like it.
Well, if the alternative was this (below), I'm glad they went the route they did.

Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted 1594589286508

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the tailgate window access front what if the spare tire tilts a few degrees down and allow the window to open. Like it has a hinge vertically at the bottom of the mount and a latch up higher above it. Then you could leave the gate closed so stuff doesnt spill out but still access it all.:unsure:

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I guess every single vehicle with a sunroof is a sailboat?
Other than Wrangler skytop or whatever the hell it’s called, no other vehicle would have that large of opening at the top. And with Skytop, you remove rear windows

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It just makes it a targa.

Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted 1594589666741

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I always just assumed that the hard top would be very similar to or exactly like a wrangler hard top. I never had a problem or issue with the wrangler hard top. It’s a pain to store, for sure, but I still think I like better than a soft top.
Sponsored