Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That seam you see at the back is not an indication of a removable piece. That seam exists because the top, rear and sides are all separate pieces that are joined together in the manufacturing process. They are bonded together permanently.
Well, that sucks, as someone who lives in an apartment with no garage, that means Iā€™m now limited to never removing the top, or a soft top.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How else are you supposed to design a box with a wheel on the back?

Well, if the alternative was this (below), I'm glad they went the route they did.
Try every Bronco ever made. They all had more of a slope/fast back to them. I donā€™t think it would have been to hard to angle the back a few more degrees.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Try every other Bronco ever made. They all had more of a slope/fast back to them. I donā€™t think it would have been to hard to angle the back a few more degrees.
Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted 1594590617090

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I thought today's leak was the same as the one on Friday but looking at the tire on the back and the tire on the leak Friday, they are different.

06913486_583672179002985_1652791090880458492_n-jpg.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-roof-rear-teaser-jpg.jpg

Then again they could of just had a different tire on the spare and it is the same one... o_O

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford: Posts a picture of a straight forward hard top, rear window, and bumper.

People in this thread:
Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted 2021-ford-bronco-roof-rear-teaser-
Maybe to the untrained eye, to others every photo is a wealth of details just waiting to be analyzed by different sets of eyes.

No one has scaled the height of the tire or lights yet based on the width of the tire.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea I watched video and wondered how often you Jeep owners feel the need to just access back through window only? Or have you found this set up fine?
Itā€™s an area that I was really hoping Ford would come up with a better answer for.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I watched video and wondered how often you Jeep owners feel the need to just access back through window only? Or have you found this set up fine?
You get used to just opening the swing gate and throwing your bags in that way. And itā€™s possible to pull the glass up a bit with the gate slightly open if you need just a little bit more access.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford shows a picture of a giant tire and people are upset about how they think the back window operates. Call me crazy, but how can it get more convenient than one big door that opens in one motion? What was it before on the FSB? Swing out tire, stick in key to lower window, then drop tail gate. I get the nostalgia, but at the same time it seems so trivial to me.
Has anyone put this picture into a fancy cpu program to figure the tire size? Let's focus on the tire.
Uh yeah you figured out how to open the tailgate on the old FSB. One of the beauties of that is, if you have a trailer attached, need to get to something in the back just roll down window. Tho I can tell you with trailer hooked up to wife's Jeep, I can't open swing gate Therefor I can't open window. Crappy design.

Hence the saying.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ?
Some people prefer the old tailgate, actually I don't think I saw 1 person say they disliked the old tailgates. Yet plenty of people are in here NOT saying they prefer a swing gate but instead telling other people to shut up about the tailgate.

Just my 2 cents anyways.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, for everyone that wants the roll down window, how would you propose making that work with soft tops? Or the fastback hardtop (speaking of looking like a jeep) that some people want? Having a gap in the top of the gate for the window to go through would be a pain to seal up using anything except the hardtop, which probably causes a lot of the issues that everyone experiences with FSBs or K5s or 1st gen 4Runners.
Looking at the rear end, it looks just like the rest of it to me. A modern take on the ā€˜66-ā€˜77s (which all had pop up rear windows BTW).
Probably the same way they did for previous Gen Broncos. You keep rear window down and the soft top has its own window.
Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted bronco-pics-001-1
Sponsored