Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll keep my answer short and sweet.

If this is true then it really shows just how disconnected Ford is from their fanbase. The Stig provided great information and photos that helped me decide what configuration I settled on. Each night my girlfriend and I would review the newest photos and go over what we liked and didn’t like. Ford kept a LOT of information to themselves for no apparent reason. The Stigs photos came out after the premier and never exposed anything that wasn’t already shown. Shame on Ford for not being connected to their fanbase more on an enthusiast vehicle. If they truly are “listening” then they need an overhaul of the communications department. Levine can’t be the only one to carry the torch.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do wish the best of luck to the Stig. His contributions helped everyone make decisions and gave us hope at a time when Ford would not. I for one would be driving a Jeep or a Defender by now, but his photos convinced me this is the truck I want. He did this without recognition and produced a lot of hype and orders for Ford. He should be commended.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll put it simply, punish STIG and you will have a real PR issue to deal with based on the feedback on this forum, treat him well and you will get a win from us….. and if you haven’t noticed Ford you need a win really really bad at this point in the Bronco debacle.

I could see STIGs story made into a movie…. How one man kept the Bronco dream alive for many and in it chronicles the evolution and cluster of the Bronco launch.Ford should pay STIG for the rights to that so it never happens.

Anyone on this forum know a good journalist who could run with this story? I think it would be an awesome documentary.

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had us in the dark, unsettled and hungry. Stig provided a light of hope and nourishment we needed to stay on the Bronco course. We love that potato yielding bastard, so let him shine his light once again, to keep hope alive for this journey not yet completed for so many, myself included as a member of #2doorgroup4loser with plenty of time to cancel and buy something else.

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Stig is out… might I suggest a new partnership?
rdk72buujuzuj0pb9qrk53525wsec0delnafe2d3&rid=giphy.gif

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They should promote the person to a position in Marketing, those little glimmers helped stoke the fire and passion that has kept all of us excited for these vehicles. Thanks Stig and company, hopefully Ford does the right thing and just gives a slap on the wrist and a promotion for all the good press they generated.

I just would love for all of us to say a little something about how those pictures would keep us wanting more. The times were bleak.. things were slow. We had a hero with a potato. I know, what we did was not exactly right! Just know what we did was for the right reasons and not the wrong. We weren’t spies. We weren’t trying to hurt Ford. We wanted to help. Help everyone stay interested and excited.
It really did truly make people happy.

🥔🐴🐐🤠
The Stig is currently under review. He was put on leave for his actions. (MAP rules were violated some action is understandable) Now the review is coming up. They have asked about all the positive reinforcement the information had on all of us! Again I can’t thank you all enough as a community.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Instead of Ford reviewing the Stig’s employement they should be giving him a promotion. If it weren’t for Stig and Ashley a lot of us walk away from the carnival Ford has put us through!

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, I am a very patient future Bronco owner that really appreciated the Stig's contributions to this forum and one thing that would keep me staying "pumped" would be for this story to have a happy ending for Stig. Thank you in advance.
yes i agree, entièrement d'accord FORD YOU HAVE CUSTOMMER IN CANADA TO and you build car in CANADA TO. please TAKE CARE $$$$.
TRACKTOY

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say Stig probably added more customers to the stable for Ford. He should be thanked. Ford was way too quiet and secretive of the Bronco for waaaay too long into the process after reveal. People were losing interest. People were already moving on. He kept everything alive for a lot of people. Ford needs to reevaluate a lot of there processes. They haven't had this much hype for something in a long time and they obviously don't know how to do it very well.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These photos were great for inspiring the early electricity around here following the public release.......the Ford website photos really underachieved and underwhelmed and some real life photos helped people make some decisions early on when we thought Broncos were right around the corner.......................long before we knew that we would be eternally waiting

Ford (and us) needed a hero and he was it.....

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company, if you want any chance to save some face with your Bronco followers (since most of us aren't owners for the foreseeable future), let the Stig keep his job. His work kept us in the game and let us see real world colors and get info to help us plan our significant purchases instead of relying on your Crayola 360 colorizer. Wheel offsets, something that should be readily available information for an enthusiast crowd that you know damn well would be interested in swapping wheels early in the game, gave us more data to plan for.

This is your chance to make a right decision amongst the myriad of bad ones during this launch. Save your pump up emails and hell, keep your Fordpass points, just save the Stig! Don't mess another thing up.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I can be a bit "Verbose" and for that I am sorry. I do like to make sure my thoughts are out there and there are no grey areas. Also that I back up my assertions with some data or experience, if not personal feelings mixed in.

Now:

I know bylaws and guidelines are in place for a reason, as we all should. Sometimes you have to look at context and impact of the circumstances when those lines are crossed. Intent should carry some weight, as life is never truly black and white.

In this case I feel the person we affectionately know as "Stig" did a lot more good than any perceived harm.
So much so that other than technically violating a policy, I can see no indication there were any mal effects at all, only positive things for the community, positive things for Ford itself, and quite a bit more understanding from people who are not inside the walls of MAP.

Knowingly, it was not an opportune situation or method, but the results that came from the information this community of fans received ultimately provided a catalyst for positive movement for the Bronco team and product.

People here who were on the fence reserved and/or upgraded their reservation based on pictures we were able to see. People who yearned for some insight on the colors available were finally able to see some of those colors. People who wanted to see the hard top, the soft top, the different grilles and fender flares were afforded their first real, non-edited pictures of them.

Rumor and speculation are a cancerous thing that can destroy fervor and desire, energy and optimism.
What Stig did helped hold that at bay and bolster a hunger for the product, a respect to the team at MAP that is truly where the "rubber meets the road", and a bit of information that seemed ambiguous, at best.

Ford has invested countless money into advertisements, products, events, displays, media personnel and companies, "swag" sent to reservationists. They got more traffic and positive movement toward the brand with Stig's contributions that all of the "investments" mentioned above.

If I were on the review board looking at this situation I would heavily weight the good and bad, the return vs. risk, and the harm vs. the assets it generated at the time.
Stig's balance on the scales of right and wrong sway heavily in a positive direction and I personally feel the punishment served has been adequate and fair enough.

There is nothing to gain, from any perspective, in continuing to place Stig on leave.
In this day and time of the struggles for a company to keep good employees, I think Ford and the UAW have to absolutely look at the individual and understand they stand to lose more than "just an employee" if they do not reinstate STIG.
They stand to lose a brand champion, an internal fan of immense proportion, an individual who had such a love and admiration that they risked this very outcome to spread their appreciation and desire to infect others with positivity and information vs. negativity and speculation.

And to me, as a manager, having a member of my team that is an internal champion of the cause, of the brand, is something that is nearly impossible to find, much less replace. And no matter how the black-and-white rules deem it, people like that are an asset and an investment best protected and respected, nurtured and not disciplined beyond the scope of what is needed.

Justice is served and point is taken. Please consider this all and do the right thing for the company, the individual, the brand, and the community here and abroad.

-Dave

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company ,

I've wanted THIS truck since my dad sold his '73. It was rootbeer brown and was shod with 38" tires. Imagine my excitement when you finally revealed the 6g and opened reservations. I couldn't contain myself! My family, friends and coworkers all got an earful. Starved for details, I called almost a dozen dealers north of Boston. Disappointed, the Google machine led me to this forum. This forum is where all my questions have been answered. This is where I source pictures of what my build will look like. Pictures I use to convince my coworkers that I'm not getting a Landover knockoff. That the vehicles that have been popping up since last summer are a completely different animal.
The fact is the Stig has provided a service that your consumers need. I suggest at the end of the review process you issue an official "don't do this again". Then find him a bigger office, a raise and a big thanks for being so passionate about his job and what Ford is building to share it, even if it could cost him the same.
Ark

-Sent from my galaxy phone while sitting in my wife's 2015 F150
Sponsored