First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am planning on adding a new suspension to the 2023 Basesquatch and wanting to do it right. I have reviewed many of the threads, think I have gained a lot of insight, but just wanting to get a few more details as I continue to get all needed accessories for the job. Questions I will add to the list of 'still need' to gain a better perspective of everything else I need or SHOULD have to do it right. Planning on staying with 35's. As for usage, I am 80%-90% daily driver with looking to do some road trips for off-roading primarily through Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Texas.

Items I have so far for the project:
Rough Country Steering Bushing Kit
JKS Steering Rod Sleeves
4wp Upper Control Arm

Still Need:
Suspensions I am choosing from. Are any better than others or personal preference for main vehicle functions?:
Bilstein 6112
4wp
Eibach (lesser than the above two due to reading that they are good for 'light' off-road. Not wanting to add shocks that may be worse than OME off-road?)
Rockjock Rear Control Arm Kit - Do I need, or should I get rear control arm kits like this for any of the above suspensions?
Rear Track Bar Relocation or should I go the adjustable route?- Do I need this for the suspension choices I am looking at?

THANK YOU ALL!
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally I donā€™t think any of the listed shocks are any better than the stock sasquatch shocks, or at least better enough to spend the time and money to replace. I have been wrong beforeā€¦at any rate we need to know why ya are replacing what ya have and what results ya want to achieveā€¦

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you're spending a lot of money for very marginal if not no gain. Are you simple shooting for a small lift?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am planning on adding a new suspension to the 2023 Basesquatch and wanting to do it right. I have reviewed many of the threads, think I have gained a lot of insight, but just wanting to get a few more details as I continue to get all needed accessories for the job. Questions I will add to the list of 'still need' to gain a better perspective of everything else I need or SHOULD have to do it right. Planning on staying with 35's. As for usage, I am 80%-90% daily driver with looking to do some road trips for off-roading primarily through Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Texas.

Items I have so far for the project:
Rough Country Steering Bushing Kit
JKS Steering Rod Sleeves
4wp Upper Control Arm

Still Need:
Suspensions I am choosing from. Are any better than others or personal preference for main vehicle functions?:
Bilstein 6112
4wp
Eibach (lesser than the above two due to reading that they are good for 'light' off-road. Not wanting to add shocks that may be worse than OME off-road?)
Rockjock Rear Control Arm Kit - Do I need, or should I get rear control arm kits like this for any of the above suspensions?
Rear Track Bar Relocation or should I go the adjustable route?- Do I need this for the suspension choices I am looking at?

THANK YOU ALL!
My 2 cents.... I have a Big Bend SAS and I intalled 6100s I got for about $900 then sold my SAS 2.0s for about $500 so $400 investment. What I got was the ability to lift up about 2 inches and level the bronco. Also, you get much better shocks in my opinion going from a 2.0 to a 2.6". The ride is much better and there have been some 2.0 quality issues like leaking and reservoirs falling off. Kept everything else stop and it aligned perfect when done. Very happy with it for the price and right now staying with 35s and it looks great.

I have a BAMF front bumper and winch (front dropped about 1/2 more from stock) so wanted to really level it with the 6100s or get close and they do a great job and no nose dive like some other shocks have reported. 2.6" shocks are nice!

Maybe 8112s if they every come out in the future but 8112s, UCAs, Steering Rack, Tie Rods, control arms, extra wear on things etc... your getting in a 8k+ extra build to fit 37s. Might just do 8112s and go to a bigger 35 like Mickey ATs but we will see in the future. Super happy with price and 6100s for now.

OP
OP

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you're spending a lot of money for very marginal if not no gain. Are you simple shooting for a small lift?
Seems to be the same thought as the post above yours too. Maybe too much time and money for too little payoff. Have been known to go a little overboard at times. I was wanting a lift, maybe 2-3" and some additional off road capability. Fishing and camping trips across several states with opportunity for some off road fun.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 cents.... I have a Big Bend SAS and I intalled 6100s I got for about $900 then sold my SAS 2.0s for about $500 so $400 investment. What I got was the ability to lift up about 2 inches and level the bronco. Also, you get much better shocks in my opinion going from a 2.0 to a 2.6". The ride is much better and there have been some 2.0 quality issues like leaking and reservoirs falling off. Kept everything else stop and it aligned perfect when done. Very happy with it for the price and right now staying with 35s and it looks great.

I have a BAMF front bumper and winch (front dropped about 1/2 more from stock) so wanted to really level it with the 6100s or get close and they do a great job and no nose dive like some other shocks have reported. 2.6" shocks are nice!

Maybe 8112s if they every come out in the future but 8112s, UCAs, Steering Rack, Tie Rods, control arms, extra wear on things etc... your getting in a 8k+ extra build to fit 37s. Might just do 8112s and go to a bigger 35 like Mickey ATs but we will see in the future. Super happy with price and 6100s for now.
Thank you for the reply! So, going with the 6100 or 6112 doesn't really require all the additional parts then? Do you still have the original upper control arm?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for the reply! So, going with the 6100 or 6112 doesn't really require all the additional parts then? Do you still have the original upper control arm?
Nope 6100s are all you need for SAS. Swap over your springs and that is it. They are made to be under 2 inch fully lifted on the last notch ring so just get an alignment and good to go. Shop around found mine on jeepandtruckparts for about $215 a shock. Good threads if you search 6100 on this site.

OP
OP

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope 6100s are all you need for SAS. Swap over your springs and that is it. They are made to be under 2 inch fully lifted on the last notch ring so just get an alignment and good to go. Shop around found mine on jeepandtruckparts for about $215 a shock. Good threads if you search 6100 on this site.
Great, thank you!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is you want the Bilstein 6100's w/Sasquatch. I don't know you need a new UCA or whatnot if all you want is a little lift and run the same tires.

If you want a simple drop-in with some improvements, the 6100's should do the trick. I've heard there are Eibachs that perform a little better and are a little cheaper. Add the bushing and keep some spare tie rods and a kit (or spend the money on the HD steering rack). I can't really see you need a rear track bar/sway bar with what you're doing. I would only say get the RockJock AntiRocks for the front.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is just me .02 but if you are going to stay on 35's why not just leave the factory Bilsteins in? If you plan to fish and camp you can do 95% of the trails around on the factory shocks from the Sasquatch package. Unless you plan on serious rock crawling and or adding a ton of weight from (winch, bumpers, roof top tent, gear inside etc for overlanding) it is almost wasted money. If a slight lift is really wanted just at a small puck kit. Again your money and vehicle but I just don't see the point for your intended purpose.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shuka325

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for all the replies. Still learning and will continue to do research. Will work to not spend money just to spend it. Wanting a bit of the lift and not using pucks. But looks like a little lift will only take shocks and not much else.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My buddy spent a ton of money on his FJ to get it to fit 35s, and now it's an absolute beast. It's also roughly as capable as my Basesquatch. These things are really great out of the box, so unless you have your heart set on a lift I'd say just drive it as is.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing wrong with 2ā€ readylift spacers for what you want to achieveā€¦but it is your cash/bronco.

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking to do the same for my 23 base squatch as well, mainly a couple inches for better clearance as Iā€™ve been dragging frame lately. Think Iā€™m between the eibach springs and the svc perch collars. Springs are 3x the cost but the work is the same and ride should be better than collars.
Sponsored