First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we switch dealers for 2022? I have not seen anything regarding this. Some things have come to light with my current dealer selection that were not revealed to me when I agreed to stay with them. In fact, I was lied to.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not if youā€™ve placed your order, unfortunately. Iā€™ve already tried.

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not if youā€™ve placed your order, unfortunately. Iā€™ve already tried.
Thanks, that is a bummer, especially since they were not honest about where I stood in their allocations.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having similar issues, plus their demo is ā€œoff limitsā€ and outside of basic communication - which has been fine - they know less than me about whatā€™s going on every time I discuss any new announcements, etc. I knew about the headliner, prep kit, etc before they did and when I went to 99 my order I had to inform them that they needed to get their regional rep involved. Even then he confirmed that he got my order ā€œ899ā€™dā€.

But, I got a PDF confirming my priority code. Now, I need to go in and get them to sign a price protection doc.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally, you would be able to swap dealers when re-ordering for 2022, however I believe there will be a rather large problem with timestamps. Ford has been unable in the past to recreate them, they just modify (manually) a new reservation if there was a problem with the dealer ordering without permission.

There is no way they can manually input the timestamps on all the orders. If they trust the dealers to do so, there will be wholesale fraudulent changes to early times across the Country, if they use the order number as a timestamp of sorts, I bet they can be changed (or added) as well. Beyond that, how are they going to know if the reservation (that is used up) matched the order? They obviously could not transfer the information/timestamp from one to another last Spring, they certainly haven't worked on it since then, rockstars and all that...

Mark my words, the re-order will screw up the reservation name to order data so badly that they will end the name matching program and it will be a free-for-all with ADM and dealers selling out from under people.

There will be no consequences for the dealers selling to anyone.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally, you would be able to swap dealers when re-ordering for 2022, however I believe there will be a rather large problem with timestamps. Ford has been unable in the past to recreate them, they just modify (manually) a new reservation if there was a problem with the dealer ordering without permission.

There is no way they can manually input the timestamps on all the orders. If they trust the dealers to do so, there will be wholesale fraudulent changes to early times across the Country, if they use the order number as a timestamp of sorts, I bet they can be changed (or added) as well. Beyond that, how are they going to know if the reservation (that is used up) matched the order? They obviously could not transfer the information/timestamp from one to another last Spring, they certainly haven't worked on it since then, rockstars and all that...

Mark my words, the re-order will screw up the reservation name to order data so badly that they will end the name matching program and it will be a free-for-all with ADM and dealers selling out from under people.

Marking your words for posterity. šŸ˜‰

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lol, marked.

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thhis seems much more complicated than it should be.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thhis seems much more complicated than it should be.
Drex was correct on the first half, and yes it was complicated. When my old dealer converted without permission, Ford had me make a new reservation and then they applied the original timestamp. Process took about a month to complete. The system doesn't allow for a converted reservation to be backed out and switched. It seems that once it is converted it is locked.

Both those reservations still show in my Ford account as Ford can't even delete the hijacked one.

OP
OP
ttboy

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly this

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing Ford is claiming to be able to do has any force of law and the dealers association will poke so many holes through them as to resemble Swiss cheese. Price protection holds the more the same, not what you ultimately pay. Dealers will not get punished for shenanigans, that's a public facing finger wag. They will receive every vehicle they order or the dealer will fail and Ford will fail and they both know it. Ford can't afford to drive dealers out of business because they move their life blood and they all protect each other for their own good. Sure big groups throw their weight around, but small dealers benefit from the inertia of large dealers pushing back on Ford's attempts to change the dealership model. They're all sucking each other off.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I need to go in and get them to sign a price protection doc.
I went and had mine do this yesterday even though I missed Fordā€™s deadline by a month (4/17 res, 4/19 order). There are some stand up dealers out there.
Sponsored