chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure I’m in the same boat as you. My Sync 4 has been more consistently glitching out than working properly. It shuffles between apps, music, functions, & calling my speed dial contacts. Delays & temporary freezes are common.

I let the Ford technicians work on it for the day and in short, they’re ordering a new 12” touchscreen unit… They think the issue is related to components behind the screen 🤷‍♂️

that seems to be what mine is doing, with apple car play.

I suppose I will have to contact the dealer tomorrow. I have had the truck only a couple days. I definitely don't want to take it back to them lol.
Sponsored

BuckinSquatch

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone had their Snyc 4 freeze up with what I can only describe as a loud digitize screeching sound when they hit the brakes, or activating the front camera, or putting the truck in reverse? This is while using CarPlay and it won’t matter if it’s wireless or connected. Started happening around mid year where I think there was a big update.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had their Snyc 4 freeze up with what I can only describe as a loud digitize screeching sound when they hit the brakes, or activating the front camera, or putting the truck in reverse? This is while using CarPlay and it won’t matter if it’s wireless or connected. Started happening around mid year where I think there was a big update.
Yes a lot of us. It was fine until the update. I have not been able to find a fix for it. It's extremely annoying.

My only hope is that my backup camera goes black sometimes and I saw an article about a recall for this problem. When I called Ford, they claimed they didn't know anything about it even though I gave them the recall number. It said it wasn't in their system.

Then a week later, I got the notice in the mail. When I called them they told me they didn't have the parts and that I would receive a call when the parts were available.

That was months ago. I haven't had a return phone call yet. In fact I have three issues that are warranty repairs that I'm still waiting for "parts". My soft top has a tear in it from folding it back and my driver side seat is ripped.

I'm hoping that when the camera is replaced it fixes whatever the glitch is in the infotainment system.

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am experiencing the same issues. No fix yet. If I figure something out, will share it with you.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am experiencing the same issues. No fix yet. If I figure something out, will share it with you.
Since the last update, my phone calls have been terrible also. My phone works fine on my work vehicle. The call audio glitches and goes quiet about 30 seconds to a minute into any conversation. I am constantly forced to switch to phone or phone speaker to continue the conversation. Not only annoying but dangerous. These are the kind of problems that drive me nuts. Everything was fine and working then an update screws up everything and nothing from Ford.

I've reset my connections multiple times. No luck.

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m still having issues with CarPlay. Various operations, usually shifting the transmission into reverse, will result in audio glitching.

typically when I start the car CarPlay will connect but the audio will be coming from the phone. Changing volume on the knob or steering wheel does nothing, no volume indication on the screen.

my phone still overheats over time if I’m using both navigation and music.

musing wirednover wireless helps, and keeping it off the charge pad also helps.

I’m getting OTA updates.

i have a list of issues besides these that will be included in my first oil change visit.

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news! Don’t know if it’s just coincidence but today I updated my iPhone to the iOS 17.3 and I am happy to inform that the issue is resolved. I guess it wasn’t the Sync update it was the iPhone update. But what if you own an android? No clue!

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good news! Don’t know if it’s just coincidence but today I updated my iPhone to the iOS 17.3 and I am happy to inform that the issue is resolved. I guess it wasn’t the Sync update it was the iPhone update. But what if you own an android? No clue!

UPDATE:
The issues persist. IOS update didn’t help. I guess we have to wait for a Ford Sync update. 👎
Sponsored