First Name
J.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure I’m in the same boat as you. My Sync 4 has been more consistently glitching out than working properly. It shuffles between apps, music, functions, & calling my speed dial contacts. Delays & temporary freezes are common.

I let the Ford technicians work on it for the day and in short, they’re ordering a new 12” touchscreen unit… They think the issue is related to components behind the screen 🤷‍♂️
Have them check with Ford on the known APIM problems and updates. Apparently Ford uses two suppliers and an update should have been rolled out to them as of yesterday (12/12).
Sponsored

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll chime in on some things I have noted.

- no issues auto connecting with iPhone.
- haven’t really noted lag issues. Pretty responsive.
- you cant access dial pad via CarPlay. Not good when you need to hit 1 for sales. Obviously that is an Apple thing Not sync.
- sometimes the wireless charging active screen pops up and sometimes not. What is annoying is that you have to manually close it. That seems silly. Great, you let me know, now go away.
- once I had all the icons and graphics for backing up but no images. Came back after I parked and restarted Bronco.
- once had images and graphics when backing up but not the lines that show how your steering will affect you.
- i seem to recall that the dash pops up a window when on a call but not always. You also have to manually exit this screen when call complete. However, I need to verify this.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only issue I've had so far is wireless android auto. Every few days it glitches out and randomly disconnects and once that happens I get stuck in a loop where the vehicle reconnects after a few seconds, then disconnects, then reconnects, etc... constantly switching automatically between FM radio and my prime music app until I just disable android auto (which is annoying to have to do while driving) or shut everything down and power back up. I wish that would get fixed, but until then, I wish it would at least stop trying to reconnect after it fails

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who'da thunk that the company that supports the wonderful tracking apps we all use(d) to closely monitor where our new Broncos are in the sales-production phase would make glitchy software.

Edit: yes, I am still waiting on mine and might be slightly grumpy late at night. My apologies.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing I noticed is when starting up, sirius will be at the same station that it was when it was shut off, good. Except when you try to change stations, it always goes to the preview channel first. Is that a sirius glitch or sync?

Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One thing I noticed is when starting up, sirius will be at the same station that it was when it was shut off, good. Except when you try to change stations, it always goes to the preview channel first. Is that a sirius glitch or sync?
I was about to post the same thing... I can't make it happen on command yet, but so far it seems to only happen if Sirius was on when vehicle is shut off and completely powers down. Then if you turn the station rotary encoder left 1 detent, it jumps to channel 1. Turn right 1 detent it jumps to the highest channel. Hasn't happened when using the steering wheel tuning control. If the audio system is off when starting, then turn on and change channel it doesn't happen.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have noticed something similar too. It is pretty annoying. I haven’t had time to look into it more closely yet though.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was about to post the same thing... I can't make it happen on command yet, but so far it seems to only happen if Sirius was on when vehicle is shut off and completely powers down. Then if you turn the station rotary encoder left 1 detent, it jumps to channel 1. Turn right 1 detent it jumps to the highest channel. Hasn't happened when using the steering wheel tuning control. If the audio system is off when starting, then turn on and change channel it doesn't happen.
aha, thanks for that info, I will try using the steering wheel to change channel. (y)

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I’m driving along without touching anything , Ithe screen goes to a synch screen and the synch lady asks,” how can I help you “. I have to hit the back button to get rid of it. It happens several time a day and is getting to be a genuine pia. Other than that I have 9600 miles on my 4 door big bend soft top with the 2.3 and I love it. Averaging 20.4 mpg and the ride is super comfortable. We had 13” of snow and I fired Buck up in 4high and hit the road. The slippery setting works like a charm and I never felt like I was slipping and sliding.

mscheer

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just experienced this issue. Head unit wouldn't turn off and temperature, volume and fan died wouldn't display. Turned off the vehicle to try to turn it off and it didn't help.

PXL_20220128_164012452.jpg

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone notice this “issue”
On the MY22 that was not on the MY21…when you adjust the volume, you now have to wait for the volume pop up to disappear before the touch screen will accept any input. On the MY21, you could jst
Tap the screen to make the volume display disappear. Sounds silly I know, but those added seconds preventing you from switching channels , etc get infuriating, especially when you know how it used to work

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have samsung s21 and i havent seen any issues yet but i have only had my bronco for 3 days now. I turned my bluetooth off because the wireless sync DRAINS my battery so damn quick its not even funny. I just plug it into using USB to keep my phone charged.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
aha, thanks for that info, I will try using the steering wheel to change channel. (y)
It looks like the base model doesn't let you change channel on the steering wheel, just the volume.
Why does the channel reset to preview anyway?

q8_bronco

Badlands
First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B/L ,SAS, 4DR , oxford White, high package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for you guys that have issues with sync 4 screen lag or square black dots the latest update for sync 4 is causing that thing you shall wait for the next update but if you experience this problem just hold the power radio button same time with right skip button the right arrow for 10 sec it will restart your screen

q8_bronco

Badlands
First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B/L ,SAS, 4DR , oxford White, high package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same this

E65D4BD3-F59F-4109-A3DD-E2CF2AFE26A3.jpeg