Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see a difference in the taillights.... upgraded LED in the top pic, bulbs in the lower.
I'm fine with the bulb style..... it's not like I'm going to go to my garage, sit in a chair, drink a beer, look at the taillights, and wish I spent extra for the LED's.
Nice catch @Fly by Nite . I won't be sitting in a chair drinking a beverage and saying that but knowing that they are there when I'm driving at night I'll be like:

Ford Bronco Tailgate Hinge wear ky8jfxvt0481epd01rc7994pty078geih47ghsr1&rid=giphy
Sponsored

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm that wear exists on the vehicle displayed here as well. From what I could determine, that surface is the "stop" when the swing gate is opened to the full 150 degree position. Fingers crossed they catch that and put a clear sticker or something to avoid the paint wearing away to the bare metal like this. I know they apply stickers inside the F-150 tailgate in wear areas, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
mikeandmiki

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can confirm that wear exists on the vehicle displayed here as well. From what I could determine, that surface is the "stop" when the swing gate is opened to the full 150 degree position. Fingers crossed they catch that and put a clear sticker or something to avoid the paint wearing away to the bare metal like this. I know they apply stickers inside the F-150 tailgate in wear areas, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
I thought I could see it in the photos you posted but wasn't sure if it was just a reflection. I'm sure the sticker would be the easiest fix.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully this causes some to cancel their reservations

?

The way things are going around here, I might get mine made the first week.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My concern is the hinge and wheel mount/tail gate and how much of the load bearing tire mount are aluminum? I say that as Aluminum fatigue over time will cause sag/cracking potentially compared to the same load rated steel. If the hinge and tire mount are steel bolting to a aluminum tailgate I am good...if the hinges and tire mount are also aluminum...I will keep an eye out for a replacement setup in 4-5yrs.

Stop cap of some kind on the hinge should resolve any issues from a paint scrape standpoint.

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern is the hinge and wheel mount/tail gate and how much of the load bearing tire mount are aluminum? I say that as Aluminum fatigue over time will cause sag/cracking potentially compared to the same load rated steel. If the hinge and tire mount are steel bolting to a aluminum tailgate I am good...if the hinges and tire mount are also aluminum...I will keep an eye out for a replacement setup in 4-5yrs.

Stop cap of some kind on the hinge should resolve any issues from a paint scrape standpoint.

Between the weight of a 35" (maybe 37) tire those hinges will get a beating.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I imagine they noticed that as soon as it happened and Ford rectified the design for production. Wouldn’t worry about it. Good eye though!
Any updates about the potential hinge wear issue? Is it an issue?

Sponsored

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 2006 CRV and it had the same type of swing out spare on the rear door. The wear mark which was actually the grease they use to lube the hinge. There was a ton on there when it was new, I kept wiping it off. Someone would have to actually poke it in person to see.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2006 CRV and it had the same type of swing out spare on the rear door. The wear mark which was actually the grease they use to lube the hinge. There was a ton on there when it was new, I kept wiping it off. Someone would have to actually poke it in person to see.
I hope what we’re seeing is just grease! The Cyber Orange photo attached in the original post definitely looks like chipped paint, but I couldn’t tell on the Rapid Red Bronco.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the weight of a 35" (maybe 37) tire those hinges will get a beating.
Swapped Email with a guy at MORryde today. He mentioned that once they can get their hands on a Bronco and determine that the hinges may need some love they would consider developing an upgraded hinge system like have for Wranglers.

https://www.morryde.com/
Sponsored