First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going to be doing a 3'' lift soon and while it's in the shop, I was thinking it would be good time to get the tailgate reinforcement done for when I upgrade to 37's in a couple months. I have a OBX SAS, with stock rear bumper. Not sure if I would need a spare tire relocation at the same time for when I get the 37s? I am trying to more or less future proof for that.

I've seen a few different one's out there and wanted to get peoples feedback and recommendations.
Ford Bronco Tailgate Reinforcement for 37's 1000004984
Ford Bronco Tailgate Reinforcement for 37's 1000004985

I went with the IAG tailgate reinforcement, it is an all in one package with new hinges attached as well. I also went with 37's but went with take offs from the Braptor. The spare fit, the third brake light did touch the tire so I went ahead and grabbed the Rough Country one and have plenty of clearance now.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lol well I didn’t spend anywhere near that but since inflation is killing everyone in America right now, apparently that’s the going price. I did get mine on a group buy and they’re local to me. I had hammerbuilt before this but it doesn’t take any of the stress off of the hinges or shock that connects to the tailgate. 37s aren’t cheap and the mods that need to be done to accommodate them aren’t either, gas miles takes a hit as well. Let’s be honest no one bought a bronco to save money… I agree that the price of the bumper is high, not what I paid just a year and a half ago though. Tyson makes a great product, no one is debating that

Sponsored

JMacBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to be doing a 3'' lift soon and while it's in the shop, I was thinking it would be good time to get the tailgate reinforcement done for when I upgrade to 37's in a couple months. I have a OBX SAS, with stock rear bumper. Not sure if I would need a spare tire relocation at the same time for when I get the 37s? I am trying to more or less future proof for that.

I've seen a few different one's out there and wanted to get peoples feedback and recommendations.
I did the same thing to my badlands non sad. 3” lift upper control arms rear track bar relocation bracket and tailgate reinforcement. I went with the iag X brace and it fit perfectly. Just remember the rear tail light bracket to raise the light. Its solid and replaces the entire hinge so there is now existing weak point. Good luck.

IMG_7412.jpeg
Sponsored