Sponsored

Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco!

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have the Mabett one - has worked great for us. I just checked on Amazon, though, and see that it is not currently available.
IMG_2863.jpg
And here I thought I was the only Bronco tailgating in Ames... Here's to basketball season!
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like my RockSlide Engineering table but it sounds like you've talked yourself into a DIY project, which I'm always in favor of if you want to tackle it. Looking forward to seeing pics of it when you're done.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure about the weight, but I like the Rock Slide table. You can also stack things on the top shelf. When folded away (1 3/4") I find zero rattling!

Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! IMG_0448

slcvv22

Badlands
First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here I thought I was the only Bronco tailgating in Ames... Here's to basketball season!
Go Clones!! We will be at the MBB game on Sunday

Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mc1guil

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This one is for Wrangler, I talked to them and they said the Bronco one is waiting for the production order to come in and will be on their website soon. This is the one I want.
Thanks for reaching out. This is the table I will go with as well.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried this one, too heavy, adds 15 lbs to the tailgate, and too thick when folded, takes up 2.5".

This one is much lighter at around 5 lbs but needs drilling and it's also 2.5" thick when folded. I tested the latch fitment and this one's going to rattle. It's made for jeep but being sold as fitting the bronco.

There's the Ford oem table and a couple others but I'm not crazy about the pricing, especially since they all encroach into the cargo area by about 2.5". The 2 door cargo area is only 22" deep, so I need to be deliberate about what to put in there without wasting space!

Then after all my searching, I think the smartest is a diy that a jeep owner posted on youtube.
I like that it's thin when folded, it's dead silent nothing to rattle, and no latching system just a magnet.
No good ones? The best out there is the Goose-Gear table: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/goose-gear-tailgate-table-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Granted it's $569 but it's WELL WORTH IT

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm rather happy with the Trailgater. Yes its expensive. I think you get what you pay for.
I like it but it undoubtedly is way over priced.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You set it up the way that suits you so that's what matters but some of those pouches can be stowed in other places. Even the 4-door doesn't have a very deep cargo space so I wouldn't use it up with pouches.

In the hard top, the space along the side rails is useable for pouches. Add some velcro tape and you get the picture! I'll probably bend up a piece of 1/16 aluminum plate (yellow lines) and mount it on both sides for storage trays.

They don't cut into any real usable interior space and is otherwise wasted. I've probably packed this thing out more than most people here and haven't had one issue with them. The whole point of a molle table is for pouches lol.

I'm using that area for other stuff. I have a Rotopax for water on one side and a battery system on the other. You know stuff that you can't load on the table. That's a waste of space to put pouches there as you are losing out on all that vertical space above it.

But thanks for your concern.

Sponsored
OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
This one is for Wrangler, I talked to them and they said the Bronco one is waiting for the production order to come in and will be on their website soon. This is the one I want.

Spec's say it weighs over 17 lbs .

These should weigh around 5 lbs not more, if it does then they're just throwing gimmicky parts at it without thinking how to be most efficient and functional.

Anyone building out a vehicle should be keeping it as light as possible. Start adding extra 12 lbs here, 10 lbs there, and so one, and in no-time you end up exceed your gvw.

This is something that will be with the vehicle for the rest of its life, it should done right!

Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669838528074

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it but it undoubtedly is way over priced.
To make it worse I initially installed a RoughCounty $80 one that was repurposed JK product. It was a complete piece of junk. So I'm out that money plus the cost of the Trailgater. Time is worth a lot to me, so most DIY stuff is out of the question. It's easier for me to work a few extra hours at my job. That being said, I get compliments on it constantly, it's well thought out, looks good, and does not rattle in the slightest.

As for cost:

Yeah. It's just a few piece of bent and drilled aluminum, some hinges and cables, and a cutting board. It shouldn't be THAT expensive. Same could be said about everything Goose Gear makes. Their drawers are extruded aluminum frames with 1/2" plywood, sliders, and probably some ABS. I estimate their standard drawer hardware cost is around $250 that they sell for $1250.

Don't even get me started on LEDs and excessive markups. Its a technology that was supposed to make lighting CHEAPER.

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
To make it worse I initially installed a RoughCounty $80 one that was repurposed JK product. It was a complete piece of junk. So I'm out that money plus the cost of the Trailgater. Time is worth a lot to me, so most DIY stuff is out of the question. It's easier for me to work a few extra hours at my job. That being said, I get compliments on it constantly, it's well thought out, looks good, and does not rattle in the slightest.

As for cost:

Yeah. It's just a few piece of bent and drilled aluminum, some hinges and cables, and a cutting board. It shouldn't be THAT expensive. Same could be said about everything Goose Gear makes. Their drawers are extruded aluminum frames with 1/2" plywood, sliders, and probably some ABS. I estimate their standard drawer hardware cost is around $250 that they sell for $1250.

Don't even get me started on LEDs and excessive markups. Its a technology that was supposed to make lighting CHEAPER.
My time is valuable too but I'm not settling on something that I won't be happy with.

This is a lifetime part that I'll use every time I go camping or tailgating, I want something that's well thought it for simplicity and function.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My time is valuable too but I'm not settling on something that I won't be happy with.

This is a lifetime part that I'll use every time I go camping or tailgating, I want something that's well thought it for simplicity and function.
Exactly, I didn't settle. The cheap one was a piece of garbage. I think this applies here:

Ford Bronco Tailgate tables, no good ones for the bronco! 1669846267733

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands