Sponsored

Take delivery or not

Timuh60

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe JLU, 2020 Sahara JLU (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking for some advise. I ordered Hot Pepper Red loaded Wildtrak last year for my wife and it is scheduled to begin production this month (barring any additional delays).
The issue is since it has taken so long to get the vehicle her interest has changed and no longer wants it. So the question is do I just cancel the order or do I take delivery and sell for a little profit? Is demand still high enough for that or is it not worth the trouble?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To Me itā€™s not worth the trouble. Even trying to recoup taxes might be tough depending on what you end up paying. If you have a dealer that is sticking to msrp or less you might come out ok.
demand still seems to be there. See if you can find another to test drive it might get her back interested. I wouldnā€™t sell mine unless someone offered ridiculous $$

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep it...let her drive it a few times ...probably will change her mind or yours! If not...sell it to somebody for a little profit

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No good advice here but my wife loves driving my car way more than she thought. I'd say test drive and decided.

OP
OP
Timuh60

Timuh60

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am paying MSRP plus about $800 in dealer fees. Not much of a chance of her changing her mind. She just ordered a ZL1 Camaro. She went a different direction. :)

Sponsored

deanosf

Badlands
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should ask your dealer if they want to buy it from you. They can't order and if you cancel they have wasted time, too. Say you are considering canceling your order, but thought it would potentially hurt their chance to make some $$. Would they sell it for you for $1k.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trade in the Rubi and keep it for yo self.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To Me itā€™s not worth the trouble. Even trying to recoup taxes might be tough depending on what you end up paying. If you have a dealer that is sticking to msrp or less you might come out ok.
demand still seems to be there. See if you can find another to test drive it might get her back interested. I wouldnā€™t sell mine unless someone offered ridiculous $$
this. only keep it if you decide you will drive it until it sells for a set amount then there is no pressure. between tax, finance, etc. will be a pia.

alternate, offer to someone on the forum that is waiting and local

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am looking for some advise. I ordered Hot Pepper Red loaded Wildtrak last year for my wife and it is scheduled to begin production this month (barring any additional delays).
The issue is since it has taken so long to get the vehicle her interest has changed and no longer wants it. So the question is do I just cancel the order or do I take delivery and sell for a little profit? Is demand still high enough for that or is it not worth the trouble?
FWIW, A friend of mine that has a great relationship with a Ford dealer bought a Bronco in January(MSRP) that someone had ordered but backed out at the last minute. It was a soft top, non-Sasquatch, mid package, 4 door. He put new wheels/tires on it, and recently sold it with 1,100 miles on it for a $11k profit.

OP
OP
Timuh60

Timuh60

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trade in the Rubi and keep it for yo self.
The Rubicon is still doing well and may part with that at some point. My main ride right now is a 2021 F-150 Platinum. Still working the bugs out of that one. I'm waiting to see what they do to the next gen mustang.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are paying ADM of $5,000 to $12,500 so yes you can still make some money off it. There are tons of people with more money then cents.
Sponsored