Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only $5k additional?

To a lot of people, $5k is a lot of money, and $80/month could be a deal breaker. I know the Bronco demographic is older and more affluent, so $5k more on a toy might not seem like a big deal. But I have been around long enough that I appreciate the value of $5,000, and can find better things to spend that on than finance charges.
Was just sharing the numbers, wasn’t passing judgement on how much or little those amounts are to anyone.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

My 2023 4 Door Badlands w/ Sas, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper, High Package just came in. Im starting to get cold feet because of the super high interest rates. I have excellent credit and can afford it and I still need to shop around to credit unions for a better rate than what is being offered from Ford. My dilemma is do I take delivery not knowing if I will have this opportunity again? Do I take delivery and try to sell and make $3-5k. Or just pass it by and chalk it up to bad timing as 6 months ago this would not have been an issue?
How about you pull out a calculator and see just how interest rates affect the monthly or overall cost; sounds like you haven‘t. Also sounds like you don’t need it.

Not sure what you wanted one for to start, but if you’re not in for it, yes, give it up to someone who may want to use it.

If you will actually use it and as you said, you can afford it, what’s the big deal? You seem to have loaded it up, so let’s not start the “I’m just cheap” argument.

Lots of 4 Runners and Explorers just sitting there waiting for a good home and the next trip to Costco. :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are on B6G looking for this type of advice, probably a clear sign you should pass.

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you were chomping at the bit to get the Bronco when you ordered it, then you are getting cold feet and you should go ahead and get it.

If you were thinking "it might be nice to have one of those" when you ordered it, then you are not getting cold feet and your instinct is telling you not to do it.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You wont make a dime and possibly lose money on taxes

Sponsored

Sadams27

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey All,

My 2023 4 Door Badlands w/ Sas, MIC, Tow, Mod Bumper, High Package just came in. Im starting to get cold feet because of the super high interest rates. I have excellent credit and can afford it and I still need to shop around to credit unions for a better rate than what is being offered from Ford. My dilemma is do I take delivery not knowing if I will have this opportunity again? Do I take delivery and try to sell and make $3-5k. Or just pass it by and chalk it up to bad timing as 6 months ago this would not have been an issue?
I financed through Ford then turned around and went through a credit union with a better rate. Figured it was easier to through the two hour Ford check out then use another financial institution. Worked well for me

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you were to finance a full $60k over 60 months - the difference in monthly payments between loans with interest rates of 3% vs 6% is only about ~$80/mo, and ~$5k total interest over the span of the loan.
Yeah its “only 5k”
.. nothing

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey All,

I’d take it and enjoy the shit out of it. Nothing on the road is this cool and fun in my opinion. You’re build sounds great too.

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think all viewpoints are valuable and respect everyone's unique approach to how they manage their finances. That said, $80/month being a deal-breaker on a $60k brand new vehicle is just not a thing. If it is, then you might be dangerously closer to not being able to afford it than you are admitting.
If it's not that, then you just don't like the idea of not getting as good of a deal as you could have 6 months ago, which is either a principle thing, fine, everyone is entitled to a decision based purely on principle, or it means you are thinking the car is now borderline not worth what you would have to pay for it all in (it's a value decision), which can be independent of affordability.

When you use terms like "cold feet", that usually means fear of a potential bad decision that will cause regret afterward. I think most of us are saying that if the $80/month difference isn't an affordability thing, you won't regret it and will love your Bronco.
Sponsored