First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been trying to get this spare key to “take” for a couple of days. I realize that they are different but have read that it does not matter. I have done the on/off routine with my two keys and then doing a third cycle with the spare. For whatever reason I have struck out each time. I did call the dealer and ask them and they said that some of the keys are on different frequencies and may not work. True? Any sage wisdom? Thanks!!

IMG_1921.jpeg
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is correct, there are several different frequencies these key fobs talk on. The Ranger, for example, has 3 different frequencies depending on the exact configuration and which country it is sold in.

Bronco should talk on 315Mhz, 433Mhz, 868Mhz, or 902Mhz depending on your configuration. And I can tell you it’s probably not 902Mhz because I think only remote start key fobs operate on that frequency if my memory is correct.

Edit— Some key fobs also operate in multiple frequencies, just to add to the confusion.

Last edited:
OP
OP

KES_Colorado

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RagnarKon thank you for taking the time to respond and the info. I wish your insight was different :)

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you only have one original key fob? If so you will not be able to program another one. If you have two then the third one is a different frequency or without all the correct buttons may not program.

I have used a local lock smith to get a second set of keys made for several different vehicles.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, I thought this was gonna be a thread about keying some inconsiderate, jack asses vehicle for what I'm sure would be a very justifiable reason...

DISCLAIMER: Wouldn't really ever key someones car (it's not the cars fault for the jack ass owners actions.

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been trying to get this spare key to “take” for a couple of days. I realize that they are different but have read that it does not matter. I have done the on/off routine with my two keys and then doing a third cycle with the spare. For whatever reason I have struck out each time. I did call the dealer and ask them and they said that some of the keys are on different frequencies and may not work. True? Any sage wisdom? Thanks!!

IMG_1921.jpeg

Ford Bronco To “key” or not to “key”… 1687622299057

The above is an example for the 902MHz FOBs.

Last edited:
OP
OP

KES_Colorado

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you only have one original key fob? If so you will not be able to program another one. If you have two then the third one is a different frequency or without all the correct buttons may not program.

I have used a local lock smith to get a second set of keys made for several different vehicles.
Thanks for taking the time to respond! I have two original keys but I now realizing this one is probably a different frequency (sigh). Oh well :)

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't the Bronco use a frequency to unlock and lock doors and another to start the vehicle? And if the key is motionless for a period of time the frequency to start is disabled so thieves can't copy your key? Pretty sure I read that somewhere on this forum.
Sponsored