First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't buy vehicles very often (still driving my 17 year old Acura that I bought new) so I'm going all in on everything I want now and think I may want at some point in the future. I plan to have this for a very long time.

I'm down to two options (both with 2.7L AT): Wildtrak with Lux package or Badsquatch with Lux package. Most likely going Badsquatch but need to compare in the B&P to decide.
I feel the same way. I want what I want from the factory. I’m not a big aftermarket guy as I use my spare money for my other passions in life. So I like the looks and capabilities of an option I’m getting it now. I don’t want to say damn it I should’ve after the fact

BD with the Squatch or BL with the upgraded 33s and wheels

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate this post. I'm going to have a hard time not squatching my Badlands for cool factor alone (there, I said it). When I make the call, though, I want to do it with eyes wide open and reduced acceleration & stopping are significant drawbacks.
On a badlands, the sasquatch is only giving you wheels and tires.. I'd skip it. For the price, bolt whatever you want on there for wheels and tires, and sell your stockers to a base or black diamond buyer to recover some money.

Also, if Ford designed these to work with 35" tires from the beginning, I wouldn't bat an eye at the reduced acceleration or braking comments. All modern vehicles have enough braking power to lock up all 4 tires at will. The additional tire height is something extremely useful offroad.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can get past not having a locker, but the gearing at 4.7 is hard to beat from factory.....
I’m not trying to stop you from spending your $$ on a awesome package. But remember the standard Bronco gearing is way better than what Jeep can offer.

Best Jeep can do is 4.1 on their top of the line Rubicon wrangler.
I bring it up because there are literally tens of thousands of Jeeps every year with 4.1 , 3.73 and even 3.21 running 35” tires. Standard Bronco gearing is set up from the start to easily handle 35” without having to Sasquatch for $5000.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not trying to stop you from spending your $$ on a awesome package. But remember the standard Bronco gearing is way better than what Jeep can offer.

Best Jeep can do is 4.1 on their top of the line Rubicon wrangler.
I bring it up because there are literally tens of thousands of Jeeps every year with 4.1 , 3.73 and even 3.21 running 35” tires. Standard Bronco gearing is set up from the start to easily handle 35” without having to Sasquatch for $5000.
I’ve seen Jeep guys discussing 3.21/3.73 gearing on 35s as well. So running 33s or 35s on 3.73 gearing won’t damage or over stress anything?

Sponsored

ArizonaJones

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwin
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't buy vehicles very often (still driving my 17 year old Acura that I bought new) so I'm going all in on everything I want now and think I may want at some point in the future. I plan to have this for a very long time.

I'm down to two options (both with 2.7L AT): Wildtrak with Lux package or Badsquatch with Lux package. Most likely going Badsquatch but need to compare in the B&P to decide.
I am in the same boat. Seems to me that the Badlands upgraded will be more than the wildtrak standard.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve seen Jeep guys discussing 3.21/3.73 gearing on 35s as well. So running 33s or 35s on 3.73 gearing won’t damage or over stress anything?
With a 10 speed auto, axle gearing is less relevant than it used to be. 1st gear is more aggressive than it was with older transmissions with less gears and you have a more effective spread now between each gear.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
With a 10 speed auto, axle gearing is less relevant than it used to be. 1st gear is more aggressive than it was with older transmissions with less gears and you have a more effective spread now between each gear.
Gotcha, that was gonna be my next question. Most of what I see online about gearing relates to 6 speed manuals and old autos.

I think the 2 door looks great on 32s so I’ll upgrade to that on the base (up from 30s) for awhile until I can lift and do 33s+

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It won't damage anything but you will lose acceleration and some off-road performance.
I went up a few tire sizes on vehicles I have and they're definitely accelerate a lot slower on the highway.
The Sasquatch package fixes all that. And it does more too.
Sasquatch has stronger control arms and steering linkage.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat. Seems to me that the Badlands upgraded will be more than the wildtrak standard.
I think if you add everything to Wildtrak that is available in Badlands (or vice versa), it is close to a wash. Also, some things are not even available on Wildtrak (at least what they show in the flyer).

These are standard on Badlands:
  • Front stabilizer bar disconnect (not available on Wildtrak)
  • Heavy-duty modular front bumper (optional on Wildtrak) and powder-coated steel rear bumper (not available on Wildtrak)
  • Rubberized flooring with drain plugs (carpet on Wildtrak)
  • Marine grade vinyl seats (heated cloth on Wildtrak)
  • Standard Heavy Duty Steel Bash Plates (optional on Wildtrak)
  • Rock crawl GOAT mode (Wildtrak gets Sport though)

Looks like there will be a couple compromises either way but I'm leaning toward the Badlands options.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It won't damage anything but you will lose acceleration and some off-road performance.
I went up a few tire sizes on vehicles I have and they're definitely accelerate a lot slower on the highway.
The Sasquatch package fixes all that. And it does more too.
Sasquatch has stronger control arms and steering linkage.
Losing acceleration isn’t too much of a concern for me. Especially considering the 2.7L will make this thing move like a sedan. I won’t mind being a little slower than that.

The Sasquatch has many pluses for sure. I’m just pinching pennies hard lol. I eventually would replace the control arms with an aftermarket lift kit. I don’t plan on doing any crazy off-roading for the first few years of owning this thing though. Just light trails and national parks which will include A LOT of highway travel from the Houston area.

Another positive that the Squatch package has is the factory warranty which is awesome. Decisions, decisions.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Sasquatch package will probably give you a much better resale value too. Like TRD Pro on a Toyota.

So even if it cost more to buy you get some of that back when you sell.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've kicked this idea around a few times and think I'd prefer the Squatch not only for the 35" tall tire size but the little wider wheel and look that gives the tire , as well as getting the 4.7 gearing . Easier to just go down to 33's when those wear out than to wish I had gone bigger to begin with.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may not lose much if any acceleration. The big tires are unsprung weight but you have lower gearing to counteract that.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm leaning to the Bad Lands for several reasons, bumpers are one, swayer disconnect another, rubber flooring, and bash plates. Going with the 2.7 engine. Not sure on sasquatch or not. Want all the bells and whistles. I'm only 35 miles from Windrock ORV park and several others with in an hour or two.
Sponsored