First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-squatch BL w/the optional BL only wheels would be a cool build...literally the only reason to buy a non-squatched Bronco in any trim. w/7mt would get you every squatch feature minus tires. I wrestled w/this decision for a long time...but for the record...I went squatch. I totally fell in love w/the marketing gag! If I had to do it over again I'd go that route!
You and I think alike. I did end up going non-sas with the optional wheels and manual tranny. Initially went mid/leather but dropped leather to keep MGV.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2 door 2.3L manual Badlands w/optional wheels, mid package, and without Sasquatch....

I'm going to order a new one in August cause I want the 2.7 w/auto and lux package (and probably 4 door. I'm definitely getting the Sasquatch package. I prefer OEM over aftermarket every time for warranty purposes. And since I'm going auto the sas is really only $2500 more. Aftermarket wheels, tires, installation, alignment, etc would easily be over that, and then it's not factory. I've had warranty issues with other vehicles in the past and aftermarket parts. Even with the Magnuson Moss warranty act. Dealers will still fight.
For me it's both the utility of the 35"s, 4.7 ratio with an auto, and the looks. And I have to admit, some of the marketing/novelty of Sasquatch worked on me :)
I did the Texas off roadeo in a base Sasquatch and the tires handled the terrain fine. Since I live only an hour from the off roadeo location that's the same terrain I'll be in the majority of the time and I don't plan on mudding. Especially with our drought :)
Side note, my switching from manual to auto is solely because this is my daily driver. And driving a manual is a blast... till you're commuting 2 hours a day in stop and go traffic.. then I'd rather have the convenience of the auto. I just wish the lux also had adaptive cruise with stop&go and lane centering like the bronco sport did. That was awesome. I wonder why ford put it in the sport but not the big bronco.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with this. I went non-SAS and already regret which is a terrible feeling for a $50k purchase. The good news is that on the BL I can remedy it fairly easily and end up with tires I prefer for almost the same money.

still, for about the same $$$ I’d rather lug around the GYs until they wear out
After receiving my Bronco, I no longer feel this way. The 33s look perfect to me. I might notch them up a bit after they wear out (295s), but maybe not. Officially glad I resisted the urge to SAS my Badlands.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Auto - likely worth it depending on your needs
Manual - unlikely to be worth it, but again depends on your needs

Sponsored

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Squatch gets you hub-centric wheels, while aftermarket will likely be lug-centric. Although I have a set of lug-centric track wheels for my Miata, I greatly prefer installing lug-centric wheels...especially as heavy as they are on a Bronco. Hub-centric rings help, but I still prefer hub-centric wheels in general.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Squatch gets you hub-centric wheels, while aftermarket will likely be lug-centric. Although I have a set of lug-centric track wheels for my Miata, I greatly prefer installing lug-centric wheels...especially as heavy as they are on a Bronco. Hub-centric rings help, but I still prefer hub-centric wheels in general.
I am pretty sure that both my factory OBX rims are hubcentric and my aftermarket wheels are as well (RTR Tech 6 rims for a 93.10mm hub).
Sponsored