Sponsored

To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands

igarrett1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently drive a Toyota Camry but bronco soon.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What’s your Opinion on getting the Sasquatch package on a badlands model?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided not to squatch mine since the Badlands is already set up to be as capable as a Squatched one, so maybe save the $4K for other upgrades or accessories and then re-evaluate if you want different wheels/lift/aftermarket suspension/tires, whatever

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you are extreme rock crawling I don't think you really need it. Everyone who has seen mine thinks it's Sasquatched and I saw the same color 2-door First Edition yesterday and the only thing that stood out was the graphics package.

Ford Bronco To Squatch or Not To Squatch on Badlands IMG_2904.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d skip the Sasquatch. You already get front and rear lockers with the badlands. You are only gaining roughly 1/2” lift and the 35’s. The gearing is not that big of a step imo to worry about. For the extra $ you can buy a quality 2-3” lift

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d skip the Sasquatch. You already get front and rear lockers with the badlands. You are only gaining roughly 1/2” lift and the 35’s. The gearing is not that big of a step imo to worry about. For the extra $ you can buy a quality 2-3” lift

I’ll disagree here and say for the $4000.00 you would be hard pressed to get:

-5 Bead lock capable wheels ~$1000
-5 35” tires mounted and balanced ~$1500
-wider finder flares ~$500
-lower gearing in auto ~$1000
-small lift to fit said larger tires ~$500

Now I know you could sell some of your takeoff flares, wheels and what not but you would also have invested your time into doing all the labor or paying someone to do the labor. Seems kind of a wash on that front to me.

YMMV

Seems like not so bad of a deal “if” you wanted 35’s and a small lift.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
complete waste of money. All you get for the cost of the option is a larger tire and (maybe) a tiny bit of suspension difference. If the extra inch of ground clearance is something you absolutely need for an obstacle and have no way to take a slightly easier line, then maybe, but the truth of it is;

The extra cost of the option gets you the DIFFERENCE between a 33" tire and an actual 34" tire that are essentially sharing the same suspension.

How often do you think you will be stranded because of that difference?

It is for looks, which is fine, maybe that is worth the four grand or whatever it is to you, but it is a dumb value proposition as far as a capability upgrade and anyone who pretends it is worth paying for that tiny difference on an objective scale is deluding themselves.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll disagree here and say for the $4000.00 you would be hard pressed to get:

-5 Bead lock capable wheels ~$1000
-5 35” tires mounted and balanced ~$1500
-wider finder flares ~$500
-lower gearing in auto ~$1000
-small lift to fit said larger tires ~$500

Now I know you could sell some of your takeoff flares, wheels and what not but you would also have invested your time into doing all the labor or paying someone to do the labor. Seems kind of a wash on that front to me.

YMMV

Seems like not so bad of a deal “if” you wanted 35’s and a small lift.
anyone who is planning on using a beadlock will buy a set after market. Ford is forcing the cost into the package where 99% will never beadlock a tire. Might as well get a nitrogen fill in the tires for that extra $1000 cost over the stockers from the factory. The cost difference in the tires is what you need to look at, not the entire cost. Maybe $400 there and you get the hybrid mud tires when a lot of people will be better off with the KO2's.
Don't need the flares if you don't get the oversized tires
The gearing to the ground in a BL automatic is the same (~5% lower gearing, but ~5% smaller circumference tire than the Sasquatch with 4.70 gears, so a wash)

If you are going to life to get larger tires, why waste your money on buying the Sasquatch ones anyway? Even selling them is going to be a net loss, but I guess you could use those flares, but you would have paid $4000 for them and thrown away the rest of the stuff with a lift and a set of wheels/tires.
Sponsored