Sponsored

Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch

Which has the better on-road ride quality?

• Sasquatched Badlands

• Non-SAS Badlands

Results are only viewable after voting.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What wheels are those? Really like the look of them.
Thanks!! These are the Fuel Blitz in gloss black, although that's hard to see with the mud. They're 17x9 with 315/70x17 BFG KO2s on them.
Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we steadily approach the end of MY 22, and prepare to re-order for MY 23, I'm seriously considering changing my order from a Non-SAS Badlands to a Sasquatched Badlands.

Originally I had a couple assumptions pushing me to non-SAS, but now I'm questioning these assumptions.

I originally assumed that:
  • non-SAS would give better daily driver ride quality than with Sasquatch
  • non-SAS would give significantly better MPG than with Sasquatch
  • Sasquatch would be too doggy feeling with only the 2.3L
As I read around doing more research after taking a break from the forums, it seems to me that actually my initial assumptions are all wrong. Instead, it seems to me that as people have begun driving and using these in the real world that:
  • Sasquatch gives the best daily driver ride over pavement
  • There is not a significant MPG reduction with SAS vs without
  • Sasquatch feels just fine with the 2.3L
Would you agree with my assumptions based on your real world experiences? Who has actually driven both and can comment? It's starting to feel like the Sasquatch route is actually the better approach.

Also- Seeing so many Sasquatched rigs in person has convinced me that this truly is a beastly awesome look!

Price adder: On a Badlands it seems correct that if you're already planning to get an Auto, the price adder is only $2,495. Is this correct? Do you feel like this is a good value for a Badlands?
really depends on what you plan to use your bronco for. if you're using your other rig for offroading and this is just for your daily, then there's really no point in getting a BL in general as someone else mentioned already. If you do plan to take it out to get a little dirty, then i think the BL Sasquatch is worth it.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning to skip the Sqatch on my Badlands order until I attended the Off-Roadeo and ended up driving one w/ the Squatch package. I was just so impressed with how effortlessly it ran over everything, not to mention the looks as well.

I just took delivery of my BadSquatch Monday last week and drove it from Granger to DFW in one day, 750 miles. I was blown away by the ride and seat comfort!

There may be valid reasons to skip the Squatch, but ride quality isn't one of them.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning to skip the Sqatch on my Badlands order until I attended the Off-Roadeo and ended up driving one w/ the Squatch package. I was just so impressed with how effortlessly it ran over everything, not to mention the looks as well.

I just took delivery of my BadSquatch Monday last week and drove it from Granger to DFW in one day, 750 miles. I was blown away by the ride and seat comfort!

There may be valid reasons to skip the Squatch, but ride quality isn't one of them.
Thanks! This is the type of real world experience I’m looking for!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL non Sasquatch with 2.3 auto. Drives and rides great. The Sasquatch does look great, but c’mon, this also looks fantastic!
Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch C3B93E24-FBB6-4459-A8D5-9092DDBCCDF2

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL non Sasquatch with 2.3 auto. Drives and rides great. The Sasquatch does look great, but c’mon, this also looks fantastic!
Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch C3B93E24-FBB6-4459-A8D5-9092DDBCCDF2
I’m quite sad that Cyber Orange is likely going away…. This was my color 😭

JustinZ

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just depends what your plans are for it and which transmission you picked really. I had to have the manual transmission and I already have new suspension, wheels, and tires sitting here ready to go when it arrives in a couple weeks. For me going sasquatch would have been pretty pointless, especially on a Badlands. On a different package I would have considered it to get the beefier front axle and lockers.

IF I were to leave it stock my vote would be sas with an auto trans, non-sas with the manual. As already pointed out, it really doesn't make sense with the manual.

JustinZ

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Sasquatch. Nuff said.

That looks GOOD! Those flares look ridiculous on the rigs on the Ford accessories site. This is the first I've seen them with real meats.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks GOOD! Those flares look ridiculous on the rigs on the Ford accessories site. This is the first I've seen them with real meats.
Thanks! They were on there when I bought it, otherwise probably wouldn’t have gotten them. Hate the way they looked in the catalog. On the dark colors, with the right wheels/tires, liked them a lot!

Pic below is the day we picked it up…

9A54A3E6-ECAA-4010-A3CC-31EF26ACFDE7.jpeg

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I debated this as well and my wife said you might as well go big. We ended up with a SAS BL’s and absolutely love it. One thing to look at is if you get the SAS from the factory rather than anything aftermarket, it’s under warranty. With that said, you are going to get a variety of opinions here. All valid, but you do you. I love the look of the SAS and the ride is fantastic. If I had to do it all over again, I would still go SAS with the 2.7. Almost a year with 15k and I love it. Either way, you are going to love your Bronco. Oh, another thing. I love my BL’s MGV seats. Perfect for pets and messy kids. 😜

Good luck!

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say this without insulting anyone else's Bronco but its Sasquatch or nothing for me. Not a fan of any of the Broncos I've seen out in public without the Sasquatch package. They just don't look right to me especially 4 doors. Too wide and long to have small tires. Too disproportionate. It's only my personal opinion. My taste.

GET THE SASQUATCH PACKAGE!
It's funny You say this, I thought the opposite when ordering mine I thought the Sas looked disproportionate. I thought the Badlands looked better withh 33"s, boy have times changed in 6 months. Now I think the same as You. I now will change my order for the one I ordered back in February to a 4 door Sas. I ended up buying the Bronco I have now from a member here on Bronco6g, it turns out it was exactly how I optioned mine at the time.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's funny You say this, I thought the opposite when ordering mine I thought the Sas looked disproportionate. I thought the Badlands looked better withh 33"s, boy have times changed in 6 months. Now I think the same as You. I now will change my order for the one I ordered back in February to a 4 door Sas. I ended up buying the Bronco I have now from a member here on Bronco6g, it turns out it was exactly how I optioned mine at the time.
I will say this though out of all the Broncos without the Sasquatch package the 2 door Badlands on 33s looks the best. But I would still go Sasquatch.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we steadily approach the end of MY 22, and prepare to re-order for MY 23, I'm seriously considering changing my order from a Non-SAS Badlands to a Sasquatched Badlands.

Originally I had a couple assumptions pushing me to non-SAS, but now I'm questioning these assumptions.

I originally assumed that:
  • non-SAS would give better daily driver ride quality than with Sasquatch
  • non-SAS would give significantly better MPG than with Sasquatch
  • Sasquatch would be too doggy feeling with only the 2.3L
As I read around doing more research after taking a break from the forums, it seems to me that actually my initial assumptions are all wrong. Instead, it seems to me that as people have begun driving and using these in the real world that:
  • Sasquatch gives the best daily driver ride over pavement
  • There is not a significant MPG reduction with SAS vs without
  • Sasquatch feels just fine with the 2.3L
Would you agree with my assumptions based on your real world experiences? Who has actually driven both and can comment? It's starting to feel like the Sasquatch route is actually the better approach.

Also- Seeing so many Sasquatched rigs in person has convinced me that this truly is a beastly awesome look!

Price adder: On a Badlands it seems correct that if you're already planning to get an Auto, the price adder is only $2,495. Is this correct? Do you feel like this is a good value for a Badlands?
id say the real difference which you hit is the AUTO trans, if going AUOT then SAS is a reasonable value, if going manual and you get same gearing, you can manage the SAS equal on your own, sure maybe a chore to do so, but some may like picking own wehhels and tire plus minor perch style lift to make a SAS!! But if have to do AUTO, id say best to get SAS from ford for all gearing needed to be legit!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch 9A54A3E6-ECAA-4010-A3CC-31EF26ACFDE7
I agree. My wife is short and would not be able to get into a SAS version of our BL. As someone else mentioned it depends. I'm not a mud and rock off road person. I drive a stock JK unlimited today and it works fine. The Bronco will be great with 33's. I've seen a lot of BL33's and they look great as does yours.
Sponsored