Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what I’m starting off doing, ground clearance and the angles are more important to me than minor loss in articulation. I’m also interested with 35s from the start with a better looking wheel (IMO). I’d rather not have to deal with immediately trying to sell take-off wheels and tires. At least that’s the thought process for today.
And I know it's not discussed much but for spirited off-road driving (Baja mode), the wider stance will make it more stable.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch still means auto, right? I’ll choose manual tranny over Sasquatch w/optional wheels.

Edit1. But it does mean 2.3 and no 2.7
Edit2. And mansquatch is "late availability"

mentalmeatradio

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is a NON Sasquatched Badlands with 35's.

Looks like they added the wider Flares as well. Don't know if these are 17x8 or 17x8.5?

Overland6IMG_0942-scaled.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

This is a NON Sasquatched Badlands with 35's.

Looks like they added the wider Flares as well. Don't know if these are 17x8 or 17x8.5?

Can you clarify this, in the walk around youtube video of the overland build I thought the guy says this is the squatch suspension, they just switched out the shoes.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So question still remains; If you go to a 35" or 315 tire sometime after your purchase with the upgrade to the specific BL beadlock capable wheel that is .5 or 1/2 an inch narrower, will it rub at full turn?
No one seems to have the answer to this conundrum.
After a year or two after these are out there will be suspension lift upgrades and would be nice to be able to use the same wheel when going to a larger tire size.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly! For real my Eagle does better on loose sand with 28" super swampers(should see these more, they rock) than my CJ7 does 32" BFG KM3s!

There is street tires, there is all terrains, and there is mud terrains. Then there is Super Swampers. Basically they are to the offroad world, what slicks are to the racing world. Serious!

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So question still remains; If you go to a 35" or 315 tire sometime after your purchase with the upgrade to the specific BL beadlock capable wheel that is .5 or 1/2 an inch narrower, will it rub at full turn?
No one seems to have the answer to this conundrum.
After a year or two after these are out there will be suspension lift upgrades and would be nice to be able to use the same wheel when going to a larger tire size.
This is my concern as well. I don't see any reason for them to have kicked the Sasquatch tires out unless rubbing was an issue. Though the width of the rim doesn't play into that nearly as much as the offset.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you clarify this, in the walk around youtube video of the overland build I thought the guy says this is the squatch suspension, they just switched out the shoes.
No, because if it was squatched they wouldn't have been able to put that roof rack on it...due to GVRW. Also it's a manual transmission, and at the time of the build, there were no manual squatches.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not disputing the Sasquatch 315 tire size upgrade since I am deciding between sas/non-sas myself. But for $695 is the Goodyear Territory 285 really an upgrade over the BFG KO2 285? I have the KO2’s right now and they are great in snow, treadwear, etc. (30,000 miles +). They have become a little more noisy as they wear but not other than that, no issues. Anybody here with Goodyear Territory experience that can help justify $695 over the bfg’s coming standard? That $695 goes a long ways towards the cost of the second set of tires once the bfg’s wear out.
I don't think it's worth it when it's only $800 more for Squatch. I want the optional wheels but with the A/T Tires. The fact that selecting the optional wheels doesn't force the M/Ts and additional $695 makes me think this is possible. Hope it's not a bug. Does anyone know for sure? Description does say available with optional wheels, as opposed to standard.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So based on what your saying if you went 315's on a badlands you would have alittle more clearance then the overland concept right?
Depends on how you option it. A 4 door Badlands with Lux, winch, rack, swinggate table, pull out cooler, security shelf and rooftop tent would be pretty similar with 315s as the concept. (For that matter a similarly equipped Squatch should be too.)

But if what Levine and "the engineer" said is correct, if you put 315's on any non-Squatch Badlands, and compared it to a Squatch Badlands equipped the same way, theoretically the center of your hub to say the body line in the side of the bronco should be pretty much the same. Those 315s are going to rub because you don't have the bumpstop or the wheel offset, but your ground clearance should be the same.

Like I said in one of the other threads on this - until we see a parts list and find out the real answer on the springs - nobody knows for sure. Because Ford marketing people have said all sorts of things.

Me, I trust "the engineer" because he was asked a specific question and gave a specific answer (only suspension difference is 10mm in uptravel limited on Squatch).

Also for me, at the end of the day, I would lift more for 315s or even 295s and try to get a little more articulation if I feel I need to go higher than stock Badlands, so Squatch gets me nothing.

Sponsored

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like a lot of you, I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to Squatch my BL. This pic finally settled it for me. I’m going with the upgraded rims, but no Squatch.
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate Can%20I%20Get%20An%20Amen
Agreed, not really seeing the beny the BL wheels are awesome and we can get another full set for less then $2500

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have been on the BD squatch train for a long time. But Im getting uncertain about that. Lately I've been leaning towards Badlands and swapping to some 34" LTB Swampers down the road. Should easily out pull the squatch tires. That or get a 2 inch lift and 36" LTBs.
If you do switch over to the Badlands make sure you order the free 4.7 gearing to better handle those bad boys:

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will not be adding sasquatch or the optional wheels. I am getting the BL 2dr and think the 33" look great on it. I don't care for the wheels but if I upgrade then I fall into the trap of well for a little more and well a little more and then I have gone past my price I was shooting for.

My build is $50,570. BL 2dr 2.7 LUX . No additional addons except the 4.7 option if it remains a no additional charge. Trying to keep my build under $50k so I am close with this set up. After seeing these on the road I will have a better idea if I should have gone bigger tires. I can make a wheel selection when the tires are worn.

I wanted to put the money into items I can't switch out or add easily later. The LUX gives me everything in the high package plus. I may never be able to get those items later. Wheels, tires, suspension, roof racks, bumpers, towing, etc......I will be able to install.

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been back and forth on this and at this point am leaning toward getting the Sasquatch package on my BL. I know that I’ll eventually want 35s anyway which means I’ll need the 4.70 gears. It’s significantly cheaper to get them from the factory than do it later. I don’t want to run 33s with the 4.70s so that kind of forced my hand. My other thought process is that if there is a significant loss of articulation or the tires look stuffed in the wheel Wells, I’m betting the aftermarket will have a viable 1” lift or even a leveling kit that can solve that problem. We still don’t know what or if there is any lift included on a BL sqautch, but worst case I think the aftermarket will fix this problem fairly quickly. I’m not interested in 37s at any point and having the ability to purchase vehicle designed to run on 35s (34.4”; got it) is a huge bonus for me. I want it ready to go and solid out of the box without a ton of additional work and money from me. Just my $.02 on how I’m trying to keep this as simple as I can.
I was in the exact same boat as you a couple of days ago, but think I've changed my mind...yet again. I want to run 35's as well, but don't like the stock options and want to go aftermarket with Method/General ATX. I can get the 4.7 rear end from the factory at no cost, so only thing else I'm missing (I think) is the mysterious "high clearance suspension" and wider fender flares. Best I can tell, no-one really knows what makes up the high clearance suspension, but it only adds about 1"-1.5", so I'm guessing it's just a spacer, which I can easily add aftermarket, along with the wider flares if I decide I like that look better. My preferred wheels/tire package is about $2500, so same cost as the squatch package. That's also why I believe the added clearance is just a spacer and nothing more.

All that said, I may change my mind again before I order, particularly if Ford provides more detail on the high clearance suspension and it turns out to be more than just a spacer.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yes it was said by Ford that the overland concept is a Non-squatch badlands.
Sponsored