First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been back and forth on this and at this point am leaning toward getting the Sasquatch package on my BL. I know that I’ll eventually want 35s anyway which means I’ll need the 4.70 gears. It’s significantly cheaper to get them from the factory than do it later. I don’t want to run 33s with the 4.70s so that kind of forced my hand. My other thought process is that if there is a significant loss of articulation or the tires look stuffed in the wheel Wells, I’m betting the aftermarket will have a viable 1” lift or even a leveling kit that can solve that problem. We still don’t know what or if there is any lift included on a BL sqautch, but worst case I think the aftermarket will fix this problem fairly quickly. I’m not interested in 37s at any point and having the ability to purchase vehicle designed to run on 35s (34.4”; got it) is a huge bonus for me. I want it ready to go and solid out of the box without a ton of additional work and money from me. Just my $.02 on how I’m trying to keep this as simple as I can.
You can add the 4.70 gears at no cost without the Squatch, at least as B&P works now. That's my plan, in case I decide to upgrade wheel size later.
Sponsored

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should have known you were the one who posted that document, lol thanks

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Judging by the camera it looks like they are zooming in on the molle panel. Hopefully really zoomed in so we can see the panel and absolutely nothing else.

Maybe we'll even get that seatbelt buckle zoom and pan shot we've been eagerly waiting for.
That reminds me, BN uploaded this Wild Track interior walk-through this morning:

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate IMG_0092.JPG

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been back and forth on this and at this point am leaning toward getting the Sasquatch package on my BL. I know that I’ll eventually want 35s anyway which means I’ll need the 4.70 gears. It’s significantly cheaper to get them from the factory than do it later. I don’t want to run 33s with the 4.70s so that kind of forced my hand. My other thought process is that if there is a significant loss of articulation or the tires look stuffed in the wheel Wells, I’m betting the aftermarket will have a viable 1” lift or even a leveling kit that can solve that problem. We still don’t know what or if there is any lift included on a BL sqautch, but worst case I think the aftermarket will fix this problem fairly quickly. I’m not interested in 37s at any point and having the ability to purchase vehicle designed to run on 35s (34.4”; got it) is a huge bonus for me. I want it ready to go and solid out of the box without a ton of additional work and money from me. Just my $.02 on how I’m trying to keep this as simple as I can.
I was with you right up until you mentioned that a 1" lift will solve your problems. It will definitely solve the 'look' problem of looking stuffed in the wheel well. How does the lift solve the articulation problem?

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can add the 4.70 gears at no cost without the Squatch, at least as B&P works now. That's my plan, in case I decide to upgrade wheel size later.
I know. I just don’t want to run the 33s and 4.70s together. It seems easier and more cost effective to me to just do a small lift later, if I need it than re-fear and add wheels/tires.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also have been debating Squatch but for either BB or BD. Squatching either of those gets me to the cusp of 50K. And either way I’m missing out on something I want. Either MGV or Sig lights. For 51k I can get both of those and the optional wheels that I like the best out of all the OEM wheels. So a BL on 33s with the optional wheels is what I’m currently leaning towards.

Plus I’m starting to realize I was actually enamored with the stance of the CG concept and not the Squatch stance.
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate B86EA260-A549-4FFA-BB31-2120FFA313A5

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate C959D7F3-EBFC-4178-87DD-52562F212D3E

I don’t know if it’s the beauty rings throwing it off, or the fact the the concept’s wheel and tires poke out further, but to me the concept’s stance is way better. Plus the more I see of those wide fender flares, the less I like them even if they are serving their purpose. So that’s another thing pushing me to stock BL.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So why not the stock 33's with 4.7 gears, may I ask?

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was with you right up until you mentioned that a 1" lift will solve your problems. It will definitely solve the 'look' problem of looking stuffed in the wheel well. How does the lift solve the articulation problem?
My assumption is the the lift would add some of the articulation back. I will admit that I am far from an expert and will absolutely admit if I’m wrong. Hopefully some of you can set me straight. I’m also not convinced I’ll miss any of the lost articulation anyway.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have been debating Squatch but for either BB or BD. Squatching either of those gets me to the cusp of 50K. And either way I’m missing out on something I want. Either MGV or Sig lights. For 51k I can get both of those and the optional wheels that I like the best out of all the OEM wheels. So a BL on 33s with the optional wheels is what I’m currently leaning towards.

Plus I’m starting to realize I was actually enamored with the stance of the CG concept and not the Squatch stance.

I don’t know if it’s the beauty rings throwing it off, or the fact the the concept’s wheel and tires poke out further, but to me the concept’s stance is way better. Plus the more I see of those wide fender flares, the less I like them even if they are serving their purpose.
That CG concept is wearing the wider fenders.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like that might be too high of a gear for that tire, but like I said I’m far from an expert and am willing to listen. I do know that eventually I want 35s and getting it from the factory seems like the simplest and most cost effective way to do that. Plus it’s all ready been approved by my house’s CFO.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That CG concept is wearing the wider fenders.
Yup. Either way still don’t like them. Just saying comparatively the concept looks better to me.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An extra 143 rpm at 80mph over the 35's maybe?

That would be a rocket at stop light drag races though, super short gearing and smaller lighter wheels.

With the 2.7 tuned you might be able to wheelie

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Skipping the 'squatch. Already getting way more capability then I need and skipping the added unsprung weight, expense, fuel economy hit, and other tradeoffs with the larger M/T tires is my only concession to reason on this purchase.
Badlands, 2-door, 7-speed, Lux, roof insulation, ppf, optional wheels, wheel locks, and Velocity Blue.
Edit; declaring Velocity Blue is my way of locking in my indecision on color.

Last edited:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BL no squatch for me. Keeping the 33" KO2's. My internal debate is between the standard wheels and the optional wheels. (if I can get the optional wheels with the standard KO2's - B&P seems to think I can, but others say only deadlock capable wheels on the optional Goodyear tires)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The thing I'm dying to know is, are the upgraded Badlands rims the same offset as the Sasquatch rims? As far as I can tell, the Sas rims have a wider stance to keep the 35s from rubbing on the frame at full lock.

I haven't seen anybody with confirmation of that and I keep going back and forth looking at pictures of the upgraded Badlands rims.
Most likely not since they are the same 17x8 size and standard badlands not 8.5’s, and we’ve never seen them with wider Sasquatch flares (which they would need if they had the same backspacing as Squatch).
Sponsored