Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So

I have a day 1 res, that after all this time is finally built, and about to be shipped.

I have an OBX 4DR Sasquatch with leather, Lux, MIC, and switches as my adds, in CMG. I'm seriously debating flipping it, and ordering a 23 Wildtrack when the banks open up. I have guaranteed pricing with my dealer on my OBX, and other people who have bought there said there's no BS, they honor the pricing and everything is smooth and awesome. I'd more than likely order from there again, despite it's in Texas and I live in Colorado now, because they've given great service so far.

The builds I have on the build and price (I know prices will change, etc) have them within about $800 of each other; pretty much both with leather, Squatch on the OBX, and Lux, with MIC.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

can you wait another year? if you're coming from a 2011 1500 the obx will be amazing.

what are you going to get for your obx?

do you want hoss3? only reason i would push a year or more. remember, prices are up across the board 3-5k+ and hoss will run you a few k more.

beyond that i feel like wt is just a slightly better obx. this forum will talk you into crazy shit, up to you to remain grounded.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

can you wait another year? if you're coming from a 2011 1500 the obx will be amazing.

what are you going to get for your obx?

do you want hoss3? only reason i would push a year or more. remember, prices are up across the board 3-5k+ and hoss will run you a few k more.

beyond that i feel like wt is just a slightly better obx. this forum will talk you into crazy shit, up to you to remain grounded.

Thanks for that input!

I think I can wait another year.

Actually, today USAA called and told me they're totaling out my 1500, I backed into a pole in the Wal Mart parking lot I didn't see, and a pretty big, awesome, yellow scrape went from the back door all the way to the back bumper. I'm the only person I know that has totaled out a vehicle going less than 1 MPH. The final damage estimate was $18,580.00. So, I'm thinking of buying a truck I can pay cash for, and keep it to have a truck if I keep the current OBX, so we have a truck, or drive it til the '23 comes with no payment and sock up more money, which I can use to offset the Hoss / price differences. (which I am considering, but in the air on)

I have talked to a few dealers and figure about 12K is the average among them, some a little lower, some a little higher.

I agree, and I'm trying to stay grounded. We camp/hike a lot, and I will be doing some off road stuff, but nothing too insane. There's a lot of trails here in CO but I won't be hitting Hell's Gate in Moab or Black Bear Pass here, nothing too extreme.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd say if you plan on taking delivery of the OBX either way, just wait till you get it and go from there. Once you're driving it, you might love the OBX and decide it's great for you and your family. If it's not up to par, then sell it and order that Wildtrak.

The good news is you'll be in the driver's seat...both literally and figuratively. ;)

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That must of been one angry pole in that Wall-Mart parking lot 😉

Sponsored

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You gotta do you man, drive what you like and wait as long as your comfortable with to get what you want.

Now that is said, exactly what will you get on the WT that you're missing on the OBX?

Yeah HOSS 3.0 would be nice, but from they way you describe your use it hardly seems required.

I read threads here and play with the online builder all the time. Fortunately I keep coming back to my non-squatch OBX with high and rear locker is all I will ever need. If I ever need more than that a series of mistakes have been made.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First off unless you had a painted top in your build I see nothing that would have delayed you until now. And if you converted your res to an order early enough you would have price protection on any major package that was not changed from the original order - that alone could be worth thousands.

I would get the OBX as ordered but pick up a Maverick in the meantime
Nah, Stickers is his nickname....difference is: "rear view mirrors, I'll get you some"
Sponsored