First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think some of y'all that are thinking about lifting later are thinking about this backwards.

Remember that lift kits on an IFS are likely going to be significantly more pricey than on a Jeep. I think it's much smarter to sasquatch right away. You could probably even downsize to 33s and sell the beadlock wheels and new tires right away and come out about even and you won't have to worry about the cost of an IFS suspension lift later in life if you ever want to turn into more of pure off-roader later in life.

Or just keep an extra set of wheels and tires on hand and have the best for on and offroad!
Yes aftermarket lifts will be more expensive but they'll also be better. You'll be able to get anything from 1.5-4" without needing to modify anything else, there are fast adjust options out there to tweak road feel, and frankly, they'll be a higher quality setup. Looking forward to seeing what 2.5" coilover options are available. I had a 2.5" setup on my Xterra and the ride was butter smooth over literally everything. Pure dollars isn't the whole picture.

I'll have to wait for those options to spin up, but I'm going with the manual transmission anyway so waiting is going to be part of the game.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes aftermarket lifts will be more expensive but they'll also be better. You'll be able to get anything from 1.5-4" without needing to modify anything else, there are fast adjust options out there to tweak road feel, and frankly, they'll be a higher quality setup. Looking forward to seeing what 2.5" coilover options are available. I had a 2.5" setup on my Xterra and the ride was butter smooth over literally everything. Pure dollars isn't the whole picture.

I'll have to wait for those options to spin up, but I'm going with the manual transmission anyway so waiting is going to be part of the game.
What was the brand and setup for the Xterra? I rented one once and it became my gold standard of the worse harshest ride ever. If you found a solution to that I sure would like to know how we can apply those lessons to the Bronco.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What was the brand and setup for the Xterra? I rented one once and it became my gold standard of the worse harshest ride ever. If you found a solution to that I sure would like to know how we can apply those lessons to the Bronco.
They were radflo 2.5 extended travel shocks rated at 600lbs. I had them cranked up a bit higher than recommended, so I got coil bucket contact occasionally but I could hit railroad tracks, speed bumps and moderate obstacles offroad without even feeling them. I had aftermarket Alcan leaf packs (4" +450lbs) and bilstein remote res shocks in the rear.

I wonder how beat up the suspension was on the one you rented. The stock Xterra suspension wasn't bad as truck suspensions go. They erred on the soft side for ride comfort and the Pro-4x bilsteins were progressive shocks.

The rear suspension on the Bronco pretty much guarantees a better ride than the Xterra. You can practically carbon date leaf sprung suspensions. They're very capable, afford a higher tow rating, and are stupid simple to build/upgrade/diagnose issues on. But they are also seriously uncomfortable compared to a well setup multi-link suspension.

Going from a 2.0 to a 2.5" shock has twofold benefits. There's greater damping over bumps, as long as you dial in the rating to how much weight they're actually carrying. More oil in the shock means better temperature characteristics and less chance of shock fade.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i run 73 lb. ridge grappler 35's on my JLU with higher gear ratio, non independent front suspension, 20 less horsepower and 100 less torque. My jlu is still quick and drives nicely. These are only 60lbs and the bronco is set up to handle them much better than the JLU, the bronco will handle 35's like they are not there.. lifting my jeep buying rims and tires cost me 6k.. I am more than happy to plop down about 1/3 of that and amortize it across my loan.. I love my JLU and am excited about the bronco.. but you give up space, ride quality, luxury at the same price point for these vehicles.. if you are going get an offroad vehcile go all the way.. even if it is just for the look.. just go for the dream... bigger tires, change the way you roller over obstacles and are the only way to get your axles higher off the ground and raise your center point.. and look great.. this a super cost effective way to achieve that, and drastically improve the capability of the vehicle.. the sasquatch options allows you to subsidize the cost of wheels and tires, buy not having the oem spend money on smaller tires, and apply it to the 35's you will want anyways, and allows you to finance it.. I am all about it!

Last edited:
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Ford equip the concept Overland Badlands with the 4.46:1 or 4.7:1 gears?

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Badlands w/ Sasquatch and 2.7 V6 for me

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those rims available from the factory?
Yes, They are the optional non-squatch wheels for the BL.

Edit: Oops, Mr. Danger already answered

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After driving my ZR2 Bison for a month now, which came with 31" tires factory (and front/rear lockers), I'm realizing that I don't need 35" tires to go pretty much anywhere within reason that I might want to go. 33's aren't even necessary but will add a nice aggressive look - so IF I decide to jump back into the Bronco game, I'm thinking I'll be fine with the non-squatch Badlands 4 door with the 2.7

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chose Sasquatch on my Badlands because I just want to be able to get in and go. I've been wheelin' with 35" or 36" tires for years and I already know that 33's aren't going to cut it for where I want to go.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like a lot of you, I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to Squatch my BL. This pic finally settled it for me. I’m going with the upgraded rims, but no Squatch.
E1B39D03-C387-437F-99CF-A88AD496BED9.jpeg
Good choice. Done, but not overdone.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going squatch for the 4.7 gears. But if it delays my build I’m dropping to the optional badlands wheels and K02s

OffRoden

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a 4 door BL without the Squatch. I did get the upgraded wheels - I don't like the look of the standard BL wheels.

Now I'm just waiting!
Sponsored